SHOULD HE BE BRAYING ???

spiderman637

spiderman637

RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was down Borgata the other day and sat down at a $1-2 table for awhile. One hand, the board read 9-3-2-4 with two hearts and UTG throws out a pot sized bet of about $95 and a player in mid position calls. River brings a third heart, UTG shoves and MP calls and turns over A-5 of hearts for nut flush. UTG shows 5-6 for nut straight and starts in on the other guy for calling the turn, saying it was a donkey call. Now the MP player, when the other guy showed the 5-6, started saying that he knew he had those cards when he made that pot bet. Normally I wouldn't fault the call, he has the straight with the nut flush redraw and how can you really put a guy on 5-6 off from under the gun. An ace-5 yes since a lot of these guys play any ace but 5-6 off utg? However since he said he just knew the other guy had the 5-6 and that he was beat is it still a correct call to make getting 2-1 on your money knowing you have to draw to win?

BTW, had to laugh at UTG calling someone else a donkey as he was seeing about 90% of the flops and since I saw him once limp and then call a raise UTG with 8-4 off I have no idea what he thought was worth folding that other 10%.:confused:

FatBasset

FatBasset

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy who said he knew he had 6-5 was probably just trying to irritate the UTG player to cause him to get more on tilt. It is possible for the MP call to be correct depending on how large UTG's stack was after the pot bet. MP's call could be correct using implied odds that UTG would payoff with his stack if a heart came on the river supposing UTG remaining stack was large enough to make up the additional 3-1 odds to make the flush.

B

BM0529

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is absolutely ridiculous...the guy had the 2nd nuts with a redraw to the flush and he wanted him to fold? If I was the opposing player I'd have probably moved all in on the turn...you never ever fold when one hand beats you unless you are 95% sure your opponent is indeed holding that hand..