I think you'd better have a rakeback if you play RUSH :p

S

sendittoken

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rush poker

The best way to play rush poker is to play only premium hands, and wait until one comes along to enter the pot with a big raise. By being very selective, you will have the best chance of making a good hand. You probably will not know how anyone plays so you will not get a read on them. But you will be moving very fast from table to table that you only need a premium hand to go inti the pot. No thinking about it..If you do not have premium hand, move to another table and see if one comes there; if not move on and on etc. Be patient and bet heavy when your hand comes along. Try it; it works for me. no need to read an opponent because you will be in pre flop with a good hand. If nothing comes, then fold..sendittoken...;)

GCB

GCB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main difference I've noticed in the play in Rush (5NL) is that players will fold marginal hands much more often, so it is very susceptible to blind-stealing when raising from Button, CO or even CO-1. My formula is to try to steal as often as I have decent raising hand and occasionally with nothing. If I get reraised I'll usually just fold. But I haven't seen any form of poker where raising from the button so consistently gets folds.

On the reverse you are going to have to face steal attempts more often when you are in the blinds. I will to reraise or call with a strong hand in the bb and sometime 3bet light with marginal hands. I also do that in the small blind, but less often and in both cases usually only when there is one other player or if I have a monster.

A downside of the tendency of people folding is that when you want someone to play back at you often everyone just disappears and you are left there holding your AA or KK that you've waited 200-300 hands to get. In a normal cash game someone might have, simply out of boredom or frustration, looked you up while holding K-10 or something and you'd have won something other than the blinds.

But generally Rush is kind of distilled, essential poker. One thing it is good for, because so many hands come in so fast, is for you to learn vividly how so few hands are really playable, how so many good hands are wasted because of bad position or the betting of others, how many good hands get beat and how many great hands get flat busted. So you have to imagine how if you were playing a normal cash game you would need the patience of Job to play with the folding discipline that is much easier in Rush.

You learn you have to overcome all the above, not to mention the negative emotions that accompany them, and play well for your legitimate wins, to show any profit. Not easy, which is why so few can do it.

dexon303

dexon303

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience with the rush is usually waiting for a high card or a couple of strong and solid and goes all in.This game is not like me personally.

S

Smileyphil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My experience is that I constantly get stacked by sets. Maybe its just me.

Juniorsdaddy

Juniorsdaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After playing a couple of thousand hands, I have found that I can be more aggressive in Rush poker than in a standard full ring game. Waiting for KK and AA minimizes chances for profit in such a fast paced environment. Since there are so many insta-folds, I treat hands like mid pocket pairs and mid-suited connectors as strong hands and play them identically as I would AA, KK, etc.

17Fabrizio17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As for any consistent table it is vital to specify also the level of stakes that you are playing on the Rush Poker format. Some of the strategy orientations that work well in micro stakes don't work on higher stakes tables and viceversa. As in a standard consistent table as in Rush poker game.

F

Fmoltley232

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think abc poker with a little position play. I've experienced. sometimes stack size show a direct correlation it helps much much i want to play with someone...

A

antwanpimp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i started playing rush poker yesterday.

I started with $150 and ended up doubling my money. 0.10 - 0.25

I then moved up in blinds - 0.25 to 0.50. Tripled my money.

Then the big one. Moved up to $1 - $2

I ended up with $1400 with like 3 hrs play.

I find that playing the strongest hand wins - i was flopping sets all round.
If there is a flush chance on the table - fold, unless u have it.

Watch for pairing on the board (full houses).
If you opponent is betting agressively, and u have a moderate hand just fold.

Do not play weak aces, KJ, KQ, etc.

I love rush poker so far!

S

Smileyphil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow antwanpimp that is some seriously aggressively bankroll management.

I tend to play the same as I would in a normal game. (maybe slightly looser because people tend to give you a bit of credit for having a hand since you COULD have autofolded)

bwrobbel

bwrobbel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with the thought that you can't get a good read on someone during Rush poker. Online we're meant to look solely at the betting style of the player...and I think you can spot consistencies in many players' betting styles online. Maybe it's just me, but recently I've been finding it's a lot easier to read a player online, even if I haven't been playing very long. Small bets on the flop signaling a top pair. Following up with a big bet on the river to push with two pair. Many players bet the same, and if you can pick out the similarities, you could probably crush Rush poker. But given, it has a lot to do with position, and of course luck of the draw.

bolda3

bolda3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just as a side note since I can tell you love rush poker lol, tilt just started a promotion, 10, 100, or 1000 ftps a day can land you a nice bonus with 4 or 7 days of rush poker playing!

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its possible to have reads.. and tells.. take notes.. but on rush its kinda hard..
so stick to legit cards ..like AA or KK ... most likely they will call.. goodluck though O.O

P

pokerguy1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rush Poker

Rush Poker on FT is awesome... I don't think it's like BINGO. I actually think in an ironic way it teaches patience because you're more apt to wait for a good hand then try and play with such a crapyy one

timboslice4

timboslice4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing rush for rush week and i cant say im a big fan, however i would be ripping it apart if i didnt do well this mourning. I think im getting used to it now and there are a few reasons why. The first reason is i was reading an article on here and it talked about when and how often you should 3 bet in normal cash game and 3 betting light worked great today on rush. The reason is your opponets dont see you 3 betting all the time so thay think you have a very strong hand and become passive. Every chance i got when ever a player made a late position raise and i had a descent hand i three bet him and almost always resulted in him folding. There were a few hands where i got a call and i c bet them out. The three bet worked everytime today. The second reason i was successful today was i got lucky it seemed everytime i 3 bet and was called the flop was a nice texture for the c-bet. Also i sucked the crap out of this one player. He was running low on chips so i called him all in looser than normal with pocket 9s and a gut shot he had Qs and i hit the 6 outer.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D ;)

Subversivecynic

Subversivecynic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
rush poker is a great addition to fulltilt! yes in a since it's hard as hell to get a good read on people but you have so many hands to go through, you just make sure your is the best!

A

AlexanderT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude rush poker is not about reading and has nothing to do with regular poker. Its just gambling. So if you play ONLY brodway hands like J-10 and above but mainly AKs AQs and AJ some times but pairs as well the chances to win these hands are very high.yes you might lose this hands some times cause thats poker and some times you suffer badbeats.My advice for rush poker is to play to tables together the one 0.10-0.25 blinds where you can play a range of hands like J-10 and above and small pairs and above depending on your position every time.And another table 0.25-0.50 where you play ONLY AKs-AQs and pairs.I Followed this plan playing for 4 hours started with 50 $ and i won almost like 350$. Very important is to cash out after a big win so you would not be involved in a hand that you might lose all your earnings.Also if you see that in the first half hour you are minus 10-20$ dollars
take a brake and play again after a while.Dont ever EVER try to read opponents in rush poker its a mistake. You choose your hand and you just wanna see the flop.If you feel in the flop that you are strong you can bet but if you dont its not a shame to fold.The last time i played i saw 2000 K hands in 3 hours.So imagine the rating of fold i made.SO FOLD FOLD FOLD and play only hands that worth it.

A

AlexanderT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
*Its possible to have reads sometimes But this posibility comes from the fact that you have a very strong hand so you know that you can lose from certain hands depending to the board its time.