Ring Games: How long to wait.

slowpoke

slowpoke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok playing minimum ring games, how long should you wait for a hand? Sometimes I sit and fold 20+hands before I get cards. Anyone know if a bluff should be made or something?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest you not rush things. 20 hands shows good patience, and the notion that you are a rock is starting to sink in for your tablemates. It may still be a bit too early for the air bluff.

Ideally at this point you get a real hand and somehow maneuver it so that you show down the great hand. That may be worth waiting another 20 hands for.

If you set things up like that, and the cards come, you will likely get 5 good bluffs credit at that table, which could easily pay for the lost blinds.

Caveat, just noticed you mentioned min ring games, aka micro's(?). History suggests micro players tend to not read other players so well. Take the above with a grain of salt.

S

Sonic_x_Reducer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation you've obviously played very tight...and that will probably be noticed. It might be worth attempting a bluff in the right situation and then SHOWING it to the table. Hopefully you'll pick up a monster and you can play it the same way and get paid off because someone thinks you are bluffing again.

Top 10 Games