Ring Game Hand Analysis: Required Reading

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks, i will read this over, and add it in my mind.
Thanks again.

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW!! Thats alot of good info there!! I've read a few of those and know about some of the others. Over the next couple weeks I'll read it all and hopefully come away a better player. Thanks for this post!!

Y

yourguynow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Help with terms

For those of us that are still new, can you/someone explain what is meant by the guy who raised is a 11/3 preflop type, or even a 60/5 preflop type. The typed you want to go for are the 30/20 types, or even the 22/17 TAGs. Although a 70/50 player will raise too lightly, he'll also be calling raises to light and not folding to cbets, so he's not a good person to 3bet light

What is a 11/3 type verus a 60/5 or 70/50?

thank you. I saved your post and will continue to study the 65% of it that I understand. Still working on the terms and abbreviations though

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those of us that are still new, can you/someone explain what is meant by the guy who raised is a 11/3 preflop type, or even a 60/5 preflop type. The typed you want to go for are the 30/20 types, or even the 22/17 TAGs. Although a 70/50 player will raise too lightly, he'll also be calling raises to light and not folding to cbets, so he's not a good person to 3bet light

What is a 11/3 type verus a 60/5 or 70/50?

thank you. I saved your post and will continue to study the 65% of it that I understand. Still working on the terms and abbreviations though

it's the vpip/pfr stats. vpip is the % of the time you Voluntarily Put Money In the Pot, and pfr is the % of the time you PreFlop Raise.

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh my goodness it just keeps going and going and going!!!!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games