Chips
Looking for some Razz strategies

I use the concept for points in this game
A - 1 Point
2 - 2 Points
ect
J - 11 Points
k - 13 points

My strategy is as follows just for your own cards (not considering other players cards that are showing)

First 3 cards ya get must be 16 points or under or..
2 cards 6 points or under

When ive watched showdowns - most winning hands are from 15 points(best hand possible) to 22 on average. Just using that as a guide, razz can be a profitable game seeing not many know how to play the right way. I have just begun learning the game and would like to hear what other players think of the game and if anyone has strategies for it.

Thanks

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Razz the board cards (the ones showing) are more important than the down cards. So and 8 or 9 hand might be playable if the big card is hidden, not playable if it's showing. Remember everyone has to use at least 2 cards that are showing in thier hand, so if someone has A, 8, 10, J, the lowest hand they can have is 8-4.

It is important to pay attention to the cards that are out. Are your pair cards out (for instance you have 2,3 7 and you see a bunch of 2s and 3s out that's good, if you see ace, 4s, 5s out that's bad as they take away your outs. Remember you only start with 3 cards you still need 2 more good cards to make your hand)

Unless you think you can steal, it's generally not a good idea to play 2 card lows (i.e. 2,3, Q, especially if the queen is showing) and almost never call a raise with a 2 card low as you are most likely up against a 3 card low and are behind.

XxGKBxX

XxGKBxX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advice - yeah i keep a notepad next to the cpu to write down the cards that have been folded, helps me know the odds of catching the cards i need and knowing i wont pair up ect.