raising hands in loose games

Nitram_80

Nitram_80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play cash games in 6 player tables and I like to play with loose players because my style is tight aggressive. If any guys can relate or advise on what I am about to ask , it would be nice. If you know poker then you should know to play the style different then your opponent in most cases. I would like to know what hands would be correct to raise with ? I mostly raise with AJ -AK or KQ and any pair higher then 8. Anything right below this I would only call unless I am near the button then I may raise with something like KJ and I am happy with the blinds. Keep in mind that these are shorthanded tables . I do hate when my raise of 5x the BB gets called with 78 and the fish outflops me and I have to throw away my big overcards. Does it make sense to raise with these hands at a table full of fish or should I tighten up more and only raise with perhaps AQ and AK ? What do you guys think?

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
" I do hate when my raise of 5x the BB gets called with 78 and the fish outflops me and I have to throw away my big overcards."

Why? You gained from it. Do it every time and rake in the pot the other 6 out of 10 times you are up against him.

"Does it make sense to raise with these hands at a table full of fish or should I tighten up more and only raise with perhaps AQ and AK ? What do you guys think?"

Against weak players you have to worry less about deception and play more ABC poker.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to be a fish to call a 5xBB raise with 87. 87 is a very good no-limit hand, so long as you're deep stacked, have position and are prepared to throw it away when you don't hit. If you're playing as tight as you suggest on short-handed table, you'll get eaten by the blinds. As a TAG, you should be raising every time you enter the pot, and even if you're only playing 15%, you'll need a wider raising range than you're suggesting.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG you will get eaten up waiting for the nuts on a 6-handed table too, yeah.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't play TAG in a no limit cash game, even with more than 6 players. You have to play small pairs, suited connectors, unsuited connectors, one gapers, etc. often times against raises when IN POSITION. Playing position and aggression is the key. Sitting back and waiting for a premium hand is good in limit but sure death in no-limit.

Nitram_80

Nitram_80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you mean the blinds will eat you up when they dont go up in cash games ? what do you mean by TAG? Every book I read says that you must play opposite of teh style of your opponents and if they are loose then you play tight and pick your spots , at least that 's what I thought. I just hate raising with something like KJ from early position and someone calls your raise , only to completely miss the flop and if you do a continuation bet on the flop they call you with any 2 high cards and then you have to fold on the turn when you check and he bets .

AnnoDomino

AnnoDomino

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TAG = tight agrresive

eaten by blinds = the blinds come round too quick six handed to always wait for premium hands

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games