Professional Poker Player in Southern California Crushing It?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
John u said in the past to never say never in poker its dangerous??

Also last thing the amount of fails surely there has to be somewhat statistically chance to make it this way. Perhaps good run goes long and he can learn after he has made a roll for himself.

What about retired pro sporters who jump into poker with a large amount of cash??

Aaron Soto

Aaron Soto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quick Update:

Graph dropped by 714.00$ these past 3 days. Made some bonehead moves.

-600.00$ bluff gone bad, against a deep-stack with complete air. (He had KK and I knew he had either KK or AA. This is a result of over-confidence and thinking my ego is bigger then the players I paid dearly for this move)

-300 today due to a lost buy-in just was card dead for so long today. I got KK and got it in against the deep-stack in a flop seen 3 ways. 52%KK against 48% the other two-players. Other player flopped trips and snap-called.

In total I am down 714.00$. I need to really really really really, put all my efforts into studying see why I am making plays like this.

Ending Balance: 4247.00$

Attachments

• IMAG0517.jpg
    IMAG0517.jpg
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAG0514.jpg
    IMAG0514.jpg
    840 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its almost like poker has up and downs, I wonder if there is a term for this?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You got enough time to bring it back.. take a day off

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its almost like poker has up and downs, I wonder if there is a term for this?

I think I'm going to coin it as

...Hmmm...

Swingy doo's

No Wait! I'm going to call it variance! I think that will catch on.

I'm wishing you all the luck OP!

Though you need BRM ESPECIALLY if you are living off of your playing money.

But I'm not telling you anything you haven't already heard.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaron soto stay strong if ur feeling awkward on table with br just take a day or two off . .. do something to give you confidencw and focus.

Starting this thread wil b distracting u

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
S3mper got the points unless ur thinking another

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quick Update:

Graph dropped by 714.00$ these past 3 days. Made some bonehead moves.

-600.00$ Bluff gone bad, against a deep-stack with complete air. (He had KK and I knew he had either KK or AA. This is a result of over-confidence and thinking my ego is bigger then the players I paid dearly for this move)

-300 today due to a lost buy-in just was card dead for so long today. I got KK and got it in against the deep-stack in a flop seen 3 ways. 52%KK against 48% the other two-players. Other player flopped trips and snap-called.

In total I am down 714.00$. I need to really really really really, put all my efforts into studying see why I am making plays like this.

Ending Balance: 4247.00$
Standard swingy doo's.

Just keep making +EV plays and those swingy doo's will be in your favor in the long run.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Swingy doo".

Think it'll catch on? :p

D

dr_pepper

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's sad to see so many negative comments. Just out of interest when can you call yourself a professional poker player if it is not when you do it full time and it's your primary income?

It is a fair point to keep money you need separate from bank roll. And then choose a limit that gives you enough bis for variance.

I am surprised no one has talked about the amount of time you study to play and also your long term and short term goals. That to me would indicate how serious you are taking this.

Good luck!

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's sad to see so many negative comments. Just out of interest when can you call yourself a professional poker player if it is not when you do it full time and it's your primary income?

Society must be getting soft when realistic comments come off as negative.

:p
It is a fair point to keep money you need separate from bank roll. And then choose a limit that gives you enough bis for variance.

This is the biggest problem - when you quit your job, there is no such thing as separating living expenses from your poker bank roll. The two are one.

So if comments of "you are not currently rolled for this" come up ITT. They are comments of love not hate. :)

But something that maybe should be asked in a thread (goal) like this is the following

*Your age
*Your responsibilities (Wife, husband, kids, debts?)
*Did you have a career or just a job?

If you're young with no responsibilities and you only quit a job you can pick up again if you don't succeed in your goal then sure go for it! :p

Worst case scenario it's a painful learning lessons (which we all unfortunately have/get) or best case OP gets to live his dream.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn bro, sick beats. Just keep studying harder and next time you won't get coolered in a 3b pot. More studying = better flops ldo

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should post actual hand histories. Nobody is interested in reading gloss overs of hands. Not trying to be a d-bag but repeatedly posting session results and ignoring everything else that's said in the thread is interesting to exactly no one. Is this a brag thread or are you actually trying to learn something?

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should post actual hand histories. Nobody is interested in reading gloss overs of hands. Not trying to be a d-bag but repeatedly posting session results and ignoring everything else that's said in the thread is interesting to exactly no one. Is this a brag thread or are you actually trying to learn something?

I mean, he should be teaching us tbh. After posting these results, probably better than 99% of donks itt obviously.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
John u said in the past to never say never in poker its dangerous??

Also last thing the amount of fails surely there has to be somewhat statistically chance to make it this way. Perhaps good run goes long and he can learn after he has made a roll for himself.

What about retired pro sporters who jump into poker with a large amount of cash??

That's true about never saying never... when talking about poker situations. My never statement in this thread is just a fact of my experience to this point. Hopefully Aaron will change that.

We all want Aaron to succeed. I don't think that's the point of some of the comments in here. For those who have been around the block a few times, I think they're just trying to add some perspective for the young 33y/o buck because of hopefully some obvious reasons. You want to be playing for at least over a year before you contemplate quitting a job, especially if you have children and child support. It's just common sense. That's where all the jokes and comments are coming from I believe.

Stating the obvious, but you just never know on the internet.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But something that maybe should be asked in a thread (goal) like this is the following

*Your age
*Your responsibilities (Wife, husband, kids, debts?)
*Did you have a career or just a job?

If you're young with no responsibilities and you only quit a job you can pick up again if you don't succeed in your goal then sure go for it! :p

Worst case scenario it's a painful learning lessons (which we all unfortunately have/get) or best case OP gets to live his dream.

Yeah, these were addressed. That's why I even made any comments in here myself. If it's some 20 y/o kid with no responsibilities... go at it with those kinds of goals. Do it up. 33 y/o w/ child support and a current job. Someone needs to say something (because this didn't even seem real it was so WTF at first).

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, these were addressed. That's why I even made any comments in here myself. If it's some 20 y/o kid with no responsibilities... go at it with those kinds of goals. Do it up. 33 y/o w/ child support and a current job. Someone needs to say something (because this didn't even seem real it was so WTF at first).

Yeah, I missed this post.

Okay, so about my Poker "Expenses" and how i did today on the tables (Bad day)

I currently rent a small studio and pay rent, car insurance, child support, your average 33 year old expenses. All in all, there about 1500 a month.

i currently have 5,500$ in my account (bank)

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Society must be getting soft when realistic comments come off as negative.

:p

Have you been paying attention to the media in America lately? I would say we are getting very soft.

Also, poker players are notoriously sarcastic but we do have OPs best interest at heart here. The cruel thing to do would be to egg him on and tell him to go for it! What could go wrong? When we all know how bad of an idea this actually is for OP. OP literally admitted to being a long time losing player both live and online and he only started tracking his results since his heater started 3 weeks ago. I would say the chance of failure here is somewhere in the 99 percentile range. Also he has a child to worry about...

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just dont move up the stakes though for couple yrs

S

StorkBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also a professional player. I'm unemployed and I play poker all day :)

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also a professional player. I'm unemployed and I play poker all day :)

We would have to see a two week sample size in the green to be sure, but I you think you qualify.

S

StorkBoy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, of course I'm not. I am far away in the red but all this seems to me more like a joke rather than the truth. If it's all true what was written then congratulate him on every success and I wish him greater success in the future, but if this is an illusion made for us then it is not very nice. I read other reviews of this post and see that I'm not the only one with this opinion.

newbie in training

newbie in training

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just my 2 cents if you win a bi or 2 in 4 hours stay at that table chances are it was from a fish and there might be more where that came from if the fish doesent get off the hook