Polished Poker Vol. I Study Group

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Peeps, I love you, but read my OP before you PM me asking for free coaching. You're not reading my post. I have 4 PM's today asking for free coaching because that's not what I'm doing. You can get free coaching now by spreading the word about this thread and getting others to join CC, and PM me the link info that you used. That will get you guaranteed coaching. I will be selecting some people as we go through the book, but I will be selecting those based on participation. Asking me now won't help that cause. :)

I'll try to post on a few forums later today.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Great offer John, I will be following this thread.

triplesyxx

triplesyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your profits are ridiculous by the way...only in my dreams do I dominate 1$/2$ like that

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fear I have no time for the coaching aspect of it, but would love to follow along with the discussion. I like DJ am primarily MTT player and would have many more monies if I would have never learned how to join NLHE cash games.

IN!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fear I have no time for the coaching aspect of it, but would love to follow along with the discussion. I like DJ am primarily MTT player and would have many more monies if I would have never learned how to join NLHE cash games.

IN!

Yeah, just jump in. I mean what do you have to lose? No joke though, this study group is going to be one of the most invaluable tools you'll come across. Yeah, I said it.

We're going to have a live Polished Poker Workshop coming soon as well. Some big names and some of the best cash game players will be instructing. So if you ever wanted to learn cash games, this would be the time and place.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've really enjoyed your posts in the past & am looking forward to following along in this thread.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Posted a thread for your ebook in another forum I will PM you the link. Not sure if I will have the time for any free coaching, although, I truly need it. I will keep an eye here and if I am afforded the time I would graciously accept any and all coaching.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've really enjoyed your posts in the past & am looking forward to following along in this thread.

Thanks, enjoyed yours as well. Ya, it's going to be a lot of fun. I think if it goes half as good as I envision then we'll all become mini Ivey's, become big balla's, and we can all look back and laugh at how it all began from a free book on CC.... or something like that. ;)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Posted a thread for your ebook in another forum I will PM you the link. Not sure if I will have the time for any free coaching, although, I truly need it. I will keep an eye here and if I am afforded the time I would graciously accept any and all coaching.

Gracias amigo. Mucho appreciadio...

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, enjoyed yours as well. Ya, it's going to be a lot of fun. I think if it goes half as good as I envision then we'll all become mini Ivey's, become big balla's, and we can all look back and laugh at how it all began from a free book on CC.... or something like that. ;)

Sounds like a plan :)

H

HomeBrewer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, just jump in. I mean what do you have to lose? No joke though, this study group is going to be one of the most invaluable tools you'll come across. Yeah, I said it.

We're going to have a live Polished Poker Workshop coming soon as well. Some big names and some of the best cash game players will be instructing. So if you ever wanted to learn cash games, this would be the time and place.

BAH!!!! If only this had been 4 years ago and I was still a college student making a second income here. This is awesome thread and I highly encourage others to take full advantage. I will be around... Now to start reading the syllabus....

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am on other forums, but they are not poker forums and anything beyond the rules in a Hoyles book would baffle the shit out of them. For them I might suggest the Idiots guide to poker.:(

My old old friends have, at most, shown a minor curiosity about my hobby, and treat my big tourney wins like I won a lottery or something. They got their lives and let me have mine.... not all that close old old friends...they are old after all.:(

SyKoChiller

SyKoChiller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sign me up. I don't have a copy of the book yet but I would love to follow along and pickup whatever I can get.

S

SegregatedParty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For the many players like me who currently play more live than online, will the ebook, study group and/or possible coaching be applicable to us? After partypoker did a lot of bad things to its VIP regulars such as segregating winning players, I have gone back to playing live cash games and tournaments.
It's going to be on both. If you read the book you'll see I address full ring and 6-max.

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the many players like me who currently play more live than online, will the ebook, study group and/or possible coaching be applicable to us? After PartyPoker did a lot of bad things to its VIP regulars such as segregating winning players, I have gone back to playing live cash games and tournaments.
Why not play at another site? Like william hill, or FT or something?

D

deusgamble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
John I have some questions, answer please.

1)What winrate is good now (2013.07) and considered normal or bad (in cash game NL 6-max)?

3bb/100 - .........
5bb/100 - .........
10bb/100 - .........

2) How many hands as possible to play to zero due to the variance?

If you play for a long time and do not get any advantage - it is a great burden on the psyche and negatively affect the game.

Tnx and have a nice day!

A

A9ofHearts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
John I have some questions, answer please.

1)What winrate is good now (2013.07) and considered normal or bad (in cash game NL 6-max)?

3bb/100 - .........
5bb/100 - .........
10bb/100 - .........

2) How many hands as possible to play to zero due to the variance?

If you play for a long time and do not get any advantage - it is a great burden on the psyche and negatively affect the game.

Tnx and have a nice day!

Pretty sure that would be dependent on what stakes you are playing

D

deusgamble

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure that would be dependent on what stakes you are playing

Oh, yes! ;)

I play HU NL100-200

but i'm interested what winrates are very good/normal/weak in 6-max games

NL10-25 - ?
NL50-100 - ?
NL200 - ?

* 6-max

currently (2013.07)

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As another MTT player, I'll be following with great interest.

4BlaBla

4BlaBla

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will follow this with interest. Unfortunately I can't send you a DM because I am a new user. I wrote about this study group an book on my poker blog (it's in Romanian). I hope you consider this post as useful as a forum.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bumpety bump :)

This group begins tomorrow so go-go-go!

E

eBuddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to pre-read Chapter 9 and noticed some errors/typos. For example, on page 97, shouldn't the pot be 6.5 BB, not 7.5? Villain open raised to 3BB, SB folded his 0.5BB, & hero called in BB. I also don't understand where the ".57" folding % and "42/58 equity dog" numbers came from. :eek:
Ya, it's going to be a lot of fun. I think if it goes half as good as I envision then we'll all become mini Ivey's, become big balla's, and we can all look back and laugh at how it all began from a free book on CC.... or something like that. ;)

W

westcoast415

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds like a great oppurtunity 2 learn from 1 of the best in the poker bussiness.. Thank you for taking time to teach us about becoming a better poker player...