PLO - Hand Analysis

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i mean this is probably hard to say because in PLO there are many different styles that work. But firstly your playing a lot of hands, now if you show me positional stats and show that its mainly in position that is fine but your not raising enough preflop, I know its tempting to just limp and see flops but you want to be a lot more aggressive in position and raising a lot instead of limping. Rather be slightly tighter and more aggressive.

Also your 3 bet is just way too low, it basically means you only 3 bet AAxx type hands.
see what you mean about position, these ar stats from $10 and $25 PLO Zoom
losing way to much in SB and BB and loos like way too loose EP and not aggressive enough on the Button

Attachments

• PS PLO Zoom Position.jpg
    PS PLO Zoom Position.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 70
R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot bet would be 45 more. Call and get it in on a blank turn is the most profitable play. If board pairs/ FD hit its an easy fold.

I mean he also shows up with the absolute top of a range here and the fact that he didnt 3 bet preflop is another reason we cant exactly put him on that hand.
These are the kind of hands I struggle so much, how to extract the most when scare cards appear and when to let go.
If scare does hit at what point do you never fold i.e. Stack Pot Ratio etc on the Turn then on the River

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I meant it gives Us a couple more outs for a fh.
I'm pretty much new at Omaha but why do fish get so excited when they get AAxx?, and go all in with a wet flop like 5h6h8h then call you a donk for beating they're pair of aces with a straight, flush or trips.

Im not the one to ask this, I routinely lose 16k pots with them :)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
see what you mean about position, these ar stats from $10 and $25 PLO Zoom
losing way to much in SB and BB and loos like way too loose EP and not aggressive enough on the Button
Based on this, tighten up both EP and MP, raise more from button and CO and stop limping as much from the SB

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks. Great answers to all posts:)

Any chance of making this thread a sticky, dont seem to get may threads on PLO

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lets get a ton more posts first

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll play some PLO tomorrow, but itll probably be like 10nl and I have literally NO clue when it comes to PLO everything.

#dontjudgeme

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a big difference between PLO 6Max and Zoom/Rush My stats are all over the place seem to do OK on Pokerstars Regular and lose on the Zoom tables and on Full Tilt kind of mixed can you help with my stats

I just fought my way thru 20K hands of 0.01/0.02 PLO Zoom for a CC stake, and went from barely winning to silly bb/100 by tightening from 30/20 to 20/14 (out of necessity; by playing 4 instances instead of one).

Your mileage may vary; not saying this would work for your style or levels.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do pretty well at PLO8 up to $10, but actually prefer PLO8 STT.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a lot of PLO and do ok at micro levels but the age old problem crops up time and time again, what to do with AA.
AAxx or AAKK double suited, I never know what to do, some say get as much money in the pot as you can, which is great if the flop is AK etc but if it is 5-6-7-9 what do you do, if you C bet someone might reraise and if you dont bet they will raise to get you to fold. I reckon I lose more money in PLO with good hands pre flop than with bad hands.

BLACKSTACK

BLACKSTACK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of PLO and do ok at micro levels but the age old problem crops up time and time again, what to do with AA.
AAxx or AAKK double suited, I never know what to do, some say get as much money in the pot as you can, which is great if the flop is AK etc but if it is 5-6-7-9 what do you do, if you C bet someone might reraise and if you dont bet they will raise to get you to fold. I reckon I lose more money in PLO with good hands pre flop than with bad hands.
I don't play much Omaha but when I do, I like to low suited connectors, If the bet is not to high, If I hit straight or anything else, the other players betting will likely bet or push with AAxx, KKxx and even QQxx.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are able to get 35%+ of your stack in preflop or there abouts, you have 1 pot sized bet on the flop, with the exception of the absolute worst flops, you can get your money in with dry AAxx type hands. Ie boards like 95x, J8x etc etc.
I don't play much Omaha but when I do, I like to low suited connectors, If the bet is not to high, If I hit straight or anything else, the other players betting will likely bet or push with AAxx, KKxx and even QQxx.

THis is not correct. When you play low suited connectors, chances are when you get value your either getting it from a higher flush or a higher straight and not just bare AAxx type hands.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bump for anybody, this offer still open. You can post hands etc, willing to help

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think in PLO, if you totally miss the flop, then just check/fold. There is so little fold equity in PLO for c-bet in such situations. You will not have such situation too often, and sometimes with good flop you can check/raise or check/call.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have just found out that you have to use two of the cards in your 4 card starting hand.

Example if the board has 4 cards that are hearts and you hold only 1 card that is a heart, it does not mean you are a winner like in hold'em.

No wonder I have been sucking out at omaha, I thought it was the same rules as hold'em lol.

I am waiting for 5 card Omaha, it sounds crazy :D

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars Zoom Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($23.31)
SB ($9.97)
Hero (BB) ($10.18)
UTG ($12.42)
MP ($24.94)
CO ($45.78)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3
heart.gif
, 6
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
, A
club.gif

UTG bets $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, Button calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($1) 7
club.gif
, 2
club.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.70, 1 fold, SB calls $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, 1 fold

Turn: ($3.10) A
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2.30, 1 fold, Hero ?

Only completed BB cos of odds we was getting and had massive multi way pot.

So; clueless on best lines here.

Also ' turn? I mean, do we essentially have the nuts here? I can only see him pot betting like, maybe worse draws? KKxx with clubs or what? And of course sets makes sense here they are potting to fold out the draws etc so if he doesn't have a decent club draw he's like potting right as opposed to value betting smaller with extra outs.

If we just flat, he's folding all rivers if it's a club unless he has indeed Kc or if it pairs the river; and he fires we gotta foold? :D

Have to point out I'm readless as its zoom and never been in a hand with him.

S

smidjet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi i am new here and play omaha8 as my main game, does this count or just plo

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars Zoom Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button ($23.31)
SB ($9.97)
Hero (BB) ($10.18)
UTG ($12.42)
MP ($24.94)
CO ($45.78)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3
heart.gif
, 6
club.gif
, 5
diamond.gif
, A
club.gif

UTG bets $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, Button calls $0.20, SB calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($1) 7
club.gif
, 2
club.gif
, 6
spade.gif
(5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.70, 1 fold, SB calls $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, 1 fold

Turn: ($3.10) A
heart.gif
(3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, CO bets $2.30, 1 fold, Hero ?

Only completed BB cos of odds we was getting and had massive multi way pot.

So; clueless on best lines here.

Also ' turn? I mean, do we essentially have the nuts here? I can only see him pot betting like, maybe worse draws? KKxx with clubs or what? And of course sets makes sense here they are potting to fold out the draws etc so if he doesn't have a decent club draw he's like potting right as opposed to value betting smaller with extra outs.

If we just flat, he's folding all rivers if it's a club unless he has indeed Kc or if it pairs the river; and he fires we gotta foold? :D

Have to point out I'm readless as its zoom and never been in a hand with him.

Pot the flop. Also just get it in on the turn.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing a lot of PLO lately. More up swings than down. I want to post some hands here but can't seem to convert them. Playing at Carbon. Any suggestions?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Other than PT4 or maybe HM2, the notion of a PLO hand converter for Carbon doesn't even google nice. Nothing recent anyway.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands