PLO 2nl

L

luiswiz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you think about omaha? I usually play mtt's and spins, but time to time, I like to play a cash table, I mix between omaha and NLH. They say in PLO variance is bigger but win rate could be more in long term if you are good, because there are too much recreational players. They say is because you can have so many outs, it makes more atractive for bad players to keep paying and pursuing marginal draws.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
The rake becomes pretty brutal at low stakes when equities run close and almost nobody folds preflop if they have limped or raised.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I love omaha... I agree that there are more fish, but sometimes the imbalance is greater and there is less hand control. greetings and good hands

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't like saying variance is bigger. That is what everyone says though, even pros and coaches. The reality is, margins are just smaller. At the same time, you will get bigger pots more often. Variance may have a chance to rear it's ugly head more often due to these factors, yet variance is variance is variance. It's the smaller equity margins that lead to bigger swings and getting it in more often. And you are right, recreationals and gamblers love omaha. It's action baby. Lots of people who are considered good actually have very little experience. There just aren't that many great PLO player. I see pros making horrible plays and they think it's stellar. Great omaha players have seen 10s of thousands of hands. Another factor to consider is there won't be many bots. People aren't using solvers and RTA as much and if they do it just isn't as effective. PLO8 is king.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I like Omaha more than holdem, specifically pl08, Cash or sometimes tourneys are what I play

The variance is bigger, the action is also bigger, there do seem to be more players who don't have a clue, fun times, enjoy😎

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what do you think about omaha? I usually play mtt's and spins, but time to time, I like to play a cash table, I mix between omaha and NLH. They say in PLO variance is bigger but win rate could be more in long term if you are good, because there are too much recreational players. They say is because you can have so many outs, it makes more atractive for bad players to keep paying and pursuing marginal draws.
NL2/PLO2 it's the same thing about fishs/regs, what i can tell you abouth omaha is: still lucrative until PLO25 untill now i'm still playing, before these limit i can't say so much, but have much more regs, at least in GGPoker. Another day i play a little bit in stars, and for me is a small field with more regs, so i don't like so much

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello after Texas Holdem Omaha is the poker game that I like the most and every day I play a tournament

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like CC to play more Omaha games

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suppose Ill toss in my two cents. Im sure, logically there is HUGE reason to play this and I'm sure there is plenty of money to be made. It just involves training an education.

Me?.. I cant wrap my hand around all of the serious and extreme math. Theres far too many variance and possibilies. And smaller stakes people play faster. Higher stakes people player slower. Its too many dang numbers to keep track of , let alone PLO5

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO variance is such that the recreational players makes no difference. You will just get sucked out more often as the river hits quite a bit bigger than in Texas Holdem. Far more straights and flushes. You will not get an edge. It’s much harder as more player do and will hit more often with greater ranges. A lot of small value cards will have more luck hitting the boards. A lot more random full houses too. In fact worse players will hit more often because if the format of the game.

C

canbora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO variance is such that the recreational players makes no difference. You will just get sucked out more often as the river hits quite a bit bigger than in Texas Holdem. Far more straights and flushes. You will not get an edge. It’s much harder as more player do and will hit more often with greater ranges. A lot of small value cards will have more luck hitting the boards. A lot more random full houses too. In fact worse players will hit more often because if the format of the game.
I suppose this is the old argument of like how some people argue that games are too soft and everyone is always in. The way I always try to find an answer for things is I take things to an extreme and I back them off. I think that six Max pot limit Omaha cash is basically the example of this. And is actually the reason why it is pot limit and not 9/10-handed, because that in fact would be exactly what it is. Literally everyone would be in. If literally everyone is in or near so, it's basically just an all-in heads up match. It then becomes luck and there's no skill involved

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nowadays I play plo 1c-2c just for fun very rarely . The only good with Omaha is that you get a lot of action , prefloop and post flop . The bad thing for me is that I haven't beaten this game at this stake . But it's fun to play sometimes , late at night .