Please for your opinion

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys
I want to ask you a question that surely many of you have been to the same situation as me.
You dealt a pair of kings... u raise and the player next to you re raise u seriously.
U know his game and u know for sure that he holds aces....
U Pay to see the flop and there is no ace on the flop ,but he enters all in...
I call and of course i see Aces.
Any advise ?:albertein

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're missing a little info here, but in general that's just the way that the cards go sometimes. You both played it well.

KK is a tough laydown that many of us cannot or will not do, considering it's the second best hand pre-flop, and it appears that post-flop you were warranted to see it out.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You dealt a pair of kings... u raise and the player next to you re raise u seriously.
If you know he has AA, then you're only calling pre- to set mine, and only if you feel you have enough implied odds.

When he shoves the flop, why are you calling when you missed?

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hard not to pay in that kind of situation
its a set up that you can't avoid imo

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank u for your answers i think next time i will take right decision

O

onlinenat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO opinion unless in tourney situation where many aspects as position and pay structure takes into effect I think you just pay him off every time in cash

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never folding Kings pre because I know that if my opponent ends up in the same situation he will stack-off with his KK too.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your situation.... Villain 3 bets wider than AA likely. Usually way wider than AA. 4 bet ur KK.... Most of the time your goal is to get it in pre with cowboys. Of course there are exceptions to this. However in your scenario, you shouldn't be set mining KK. You should be 4 betting for value. If he 5 bets then you can reconsider based on his stats. If villain only 5 bets with AA (some players are like this) then unhappily fold.

If he flats your 4 bet then you should be pretty happy, because your likely ahead. But I assume your playing micro-ish stakes, so in general.... always try to GII pre with KK. I wouldn't ever wanna be flatting with it. Be the aggressor, and take control

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys
I want to ask you a question that surely many of you have been to the same situation as me.
Close your eyes

S

SwiftHax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In your situation.... Villain 3 bets wider than AA likely. Usually way wider than AA. 4 bet ur KK.... Most of the time your goal is to get it in pre with cowboys. Of course there are exceptions to this. However in your scenario, you shouldn't be set mining KK. You should be 4 betting for value. If he 5 bets then you can reconsider based on his stats. If villain only 5 bets with AA (some players are like this) then unhappily fold.

If he flats your 4 bet then you should be pretty happy, because your likely ahead. But I assume your playing micro-ish stakes, so in general.... always try to GII pre with KK. I wouldn't ever wanna be flatting with it. Be the aggressor, and take control
Very good post. You should indeed never slow play Kings. If I'm ever given the possibility iI will always go all-in with KK because in Micros, you'll see people 3-betting you with Ace-rags.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill follow you if this is tourney-small buyin.
I will not call if this is cash game.