Is my playing style dirty?

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it works for you go for it. There is no ethical code that says you must stay to lose back your winnings or risk more than you are comfortable losing. I have bought in for 50bb many times when I was just short of cash. Anything 50bb or better is enough to get some play. I use 80bb stacks when trying a new stake or if my BR drops to low for 100 bb buy in rather than drop down.

Thefish87

Thefish87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess everyone has opinion but your style works sometimes but as your right you lose less but could win more I'm in the midst of people hit there runner runner set with the deep stacks on me so its pros n cons to it gl

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess everyone has opinion but your style works sometimes but as your right you lose less but could win more I'm in the midst of people hit there runner runner set with the deep stacks on me so its pros n cons to it gl

OMG... Sickest bump EVER.....................

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My style of play is not dirty. I think that I play ok, that is, I try to play as correctly as possible, not to bluff at the sensation like others.

TheEdger18

TheEdger18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dirty

I play a very similar way at times. when I see opportunity I take my shot. but Most of the time is it best to really sit back and watch how people around you are playing.

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are just running good, definitely a less profitable strategy than buying in full or dropping stakes

I agree with this. You're just running good at the moment.

To expand on this point, when your luck turns, you will need that big stack behind you to get payed off when you do hit a hand. If you have a small stack, no matter how good your hand is, you'll never be able to get a lot of value out of it.

L

LedZeffelin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Join .05-.10 and buy in for the minimum $2. Play really tight and try to sneak into some hands at the low end big blind @ .10 then I eventually double up and then leave.

I find that $2 gives me enough money to see enough flops to eventually hit. I don't need to bluff like crazy or anything and keeps me from just chasing anything.

I started playing that from about $4 left I was on a $10 deposit... Just wanted to play on my cell phone.

Anyways I built that up to $33 in 2 days and maybe 4 or 5 hours played. It seems to work and I find that sometimes I WILL stay but sometimes you will take a bad beat and lose. So why not just take your winnings then come back?

The reason why I play lower end is because if I buy in for $8 and hit a bad beat like yesterday (88) flop 842 no flush draw. I bet guy raises and I raise. We are all in. He flips KK and hits a king on the turn. It happens but if I had $8 at the table then it would take awhile to get that $8 back. At $2 again most pots are usually 0.40 or something. So its easy to gain it back.

Am I playing CHEAP?

Also just played 2 tables 100 hands starting at $2 each. I stayed at the table till 100 and finished first table up $2 and second table up $3 I averaged seeing the flop 25% of the time.

All in all I feel like it's cheap but is it super cheap way to play?:dontknow:

Buying for the minimum is a strategy many use including Helmuth. I don't think is works for most or for ROI/hr.

I say if you're +EV go for it until you're not.

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing short stacked can be a viable way to make money. In the long-run, it is often less profitable than playing deep if you are a winning player. Another disadvantage of playing short is that it may handicap your game. You will never have any practice playing deep which will cost you if you ever try to make the transition. If you're having fun though, go for it.

J

justin nelson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no

poker is a combo of luck and skill. play how u feel