Playing pocket aces preflop?all in or slow play?

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, it depends on how the player you are going to face is playing on the table, position, course and amount of chips. when I make that decision, what matters most is how the player sees me at the table!

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yesterday, I myself fell into a similar trap, but it was a tournament. I raise from the early position preflop with aces. The opponent from the middle position calls. The flop came out 33x. I raise, he answers.We reveal cards. He has 34 different colors. I lose with a pair of aces.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing AA's, depends a lot on how fast your table is playing and the position at the current moment you have. If you're under the gun and players behind are super aggressive then limp-raise be comes the best play. But limping with Rockets and you get 4 or 5 callers then you have to play them very careful depending on the flop. Now, if you have position and 4 or 5 players just call, then raising big is a good play and hope that only one calls to go heads-up.
So a lot has to do with your table and position for knowing how to play Bullets..!
Good Luck next time with your AA's..!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every situation is difrent. It depends on many changes. Hard to say what is better.

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm opening it's to 3x if not I'd reraise to say 15x-20x to isolate and take if from there

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So meny diffrent dynamics to consider.... I can think of spasific situations were we would just flat and open with AA, and checking post flop....

With that said though, in general we should be getting as much value as we can when we have a massive equity.... that means 3Betting, 4betting, 5betting+ preflop.... the more bets you swap back and for the stronger you should feel... cause the more bets villan makes over your bet the more likely they are holding underpair.... giving you a massive equity advatage.

A

AAJovheart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some here say even limp at times, and from what I know the word on limping is that it's always a no-no
so I'd like to get your knowledge on this subject?! when to ever limp?

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on each situation, of the table profile and other factors that may influence, in the end each has a line

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how would u play it on full table tournament style bb position?

depends on the action around the table but most likely 2-3 times raise if limps 3 bet if raised
push if others are playing strong.

If in a rear position more or less the same way. I ALWAYS push from MP

NEVER flat with aces too easily broken​

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How should I play it?does position matter?
I think everything matters but in my little experience I say you do not want to slow play, hit into maybe Q6os and see a flop like Q66. Happend to me once or twice and from that on a never slow play AA, all in or very big raise to pay for the flop.

K

kbolding7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would treat it like any other premium strong hand at the top of your range and not slow play unless the opponent you are facing gives you a good reason to slow play. Slow playing aces is a low variance play that I would suppose can be mixed into any strategy.