Playing more then one table online

S

StevenMick12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It just depends for me i play anywhere from 1-5 i dont like to put too many tables up because it distracts u from doing good on one single table

S

sliver101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no more thn 3 my concentration takes a nosedive for some reason over 4

K

kazor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it takes some time to get used to but you can do it. Like anything the more you do it, the better you get at it. Right now, Im posting this while playing multitables.

quintass

quintass

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried it and would prefer to concentrate on 1 table. I find that your decisions can turn into crap shoots if your tables start backing up :eek:
1 table for me please!

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I PLAY 4. START WITH ONE AND JUST KNOW THAT IF YOUR BEAT YOUR BEAT AND PLAY ANOTHER HAND. LEARN TO FOLD AND YOU WILL BE ALRIGHT. YOU WILL LEARN THAT CERTAIN SITUATIONS REQUIRE THIS. WHEN YOU HAVE THE GOOD hands IT DOESNT MATTER HOW THE OTHER GUY IS PLAYING IF YOU HAVE THE NUTS. PLAY TIGHT AGRRESSIVE AND YOU WILL BE FINE.

bubba24

bubba24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start with 2 than see what happens from there.

B

BostonRobber

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 for starters then as I hit final tables or new tourneys pop up I may reach 6 or more. I find 6 to be the limit for effective play. Beyond that the windows stick and sometimes I seem to lose track of a table for a while.

bulldog2782

bulldog2782

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks. i have tiled the tables and that seems to work great. i can now play 5 at max with the tiled compared to the 2 without them being tiled. but i see what everyone is saying that you do not have the ablility to play as well when multi tabling. But i seem to like haveing at least 2 or three tables going and ever since i started playing multi tables i get bored just playing 1.

CanOkie

CanOkie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Based on this thread......if you are not experienced at multi tables, try two tables and see how it goes.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. Any other basic advice?

pifan

pifan

PiFace
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
are all of you playing sit and goes or tourneys , i have a hard time playing more than two mtt because of the blind structure expecially the turbos i feel in the turbos i dont play enough hands and get shortstacked too often also its hard to keep track of blinds and position with too many hands open

I

iluvdahate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i multi table i stick to between 2 and 4 tables just cuz that is wut im comfortable with. you have to work at mult tabling i found when i started to get the hang of it. i try and stick to a certain preflop strategy and then post flop is situation dependent. but if you keep your starting range the same and play solid multi tabling can be a very profitable strategy. gl and keep trying you have to practice to get comfortable with it. and it could cost you some money just stick to two tables and when you feel comfortable with that add a 3 and so on till you find that you are playing 20 tables at the same time haha. gl and play on guy.:D :D

iluvdahate

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi-tabling multiplies your win-rate. So, the most important thing before you start adding tables is making sure that you are winning steadily at your current stakes. If you're losing 50-cents an hour with one table, adding tables is just going to make you lose money faster.

P

Paulozg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 4 to 6...I usually make the windows small so i can look at them all at once, it helps me keep the information about play

bulldog2782

bulldog2782

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are playing 4 tables is there anyway to make it so they like auto fill your screne perfelty so you can sell all of them and stuff? or do you always have to do it manually?

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno---Playin' more than 1 table at a time is sometimes more than I can handle--and from what I've read, boring or not, multi-tabeling is NOT a very good idea--nor is watching TV--nor is listening to music--or reading--or talking on the phone. I've been told by the more experianced players, players ususally ITM, not to do anything but play cards--and play cards on ONE table!:rolleyes:

That depends on your motivation. As PokerVic said, multitabling can make your win rate increase significantly. If you are just playing for fun, maybe you get more out of dominating one table, but if you play to make money, you definitely DO want to multitable. But if you are watching TV, that certainly won't increase your winrate.

About filling the screen, I know on pokerstars they have a "Tile Tables" option which I believe will set it up in the format you are describing.

A

andres_arg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i rarely multitable, but a few days ago i played 5 sngs at a time (4 1 table turbos).. and it´s more difficult to make decisions, cuz when you are concentrated thinking if you will call or fold, you have to act in other table.. im a perfect noob multitabling lol.
i feel confortable with 3 tables or 4.. i dont understand ow some people plays 22 sngs at a time!

P

Paulozg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are playing 4 tables is there anyway to make it so they like auto fill your screne perfelty so you can sell all of them and stuff? or do you always have to do it manually?

At fulltilt there is, i supose other poker rooms have it too but I don't know.

When you open a table in fulltilt, you see in the right corner a meny called "Layout". Click on it, then select "Tile tables", and all of your tables will fill your screen perfectly :)

K

kazor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely takes getting used to and will lower your return if profitable but could increase your profits if you get used to it. When relaxing, I still like one.

tsabbat

tsabbat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im thinking of buying another screen because makes me less vulnerable then one screen :) plus you can focus way better then having small screens all over the place.

dexter smith

dexter smith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have recently started playing more than one table, still getting use to it, but so far it has been working out well, I believe a big problem of mine was getting bored at one table, as some people seem to really take a ver long time, maybe just slow connection, i dont know. but anyway playing more tables is much better for me, I try to play the same type of game rather than mixing it up, maybe only vary by limit and no limit.

J

JiuJitsuBraz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in essense, it just comes down to experience, and learning the format of the system. When you play many tables, you are generally predetermining how you will play certain hands, and play more tecnically than you would in one table. You make less reads, less bluffs, etc. You go onto autopilot slightly. That's how I see it.