Playing more then one table online

bulldog2782

bulldog2782

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been trying to play more then one table on full tilt but just cant seem to focus and get it all. i was wondering how people play so many tables at once and keep track of everything thats going on. also do you have to play different when playing a few tables at a time? and also could you please say how many tables you tend to play at once so i can get a feel for what is the average amount and stuff like that.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only played one for quite a while, now I play 3 or 4 at 6max. I don't think I could keep track of players' tendencies at more than 6 (don't use pokertracker) People playing 16+ FullRing tables can't being making as many reads as they would at fewer tables...but they play so many hands they must already know what they're going to do in almost every situation.

ROYALKNIGHT

ROYALKNIGHT

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant play 1 table. It is too boring. I play at least 3 to 6 at one time. I mix it up. I play freerolls and buyins. But in big buyins like $24 or more Ill just keep it to 3 games going. Maybe play some ring games in between.

B

bobboss171

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing in 4 tables

It is not easy to say and especially to play competitively at the same time , but I can play on 4 tables at the same time in my notebook,
minimizing the size of the screen and above playing games
the same type of poker in the 4 tables, it is easier, as racicionar
for example 4 holdem no limit, than 1 table with no limit holdem, another table with razz , another table stud, and with another horse, not to miss the way that was both .
I found for doing so.

I

IHBHx17

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i play like 3 to 4 games at once because i also get too bored. playing multiple games helps me to slow play and not to rush. sometimes i get impatient and blow my whole stack away which is a donk move. so if you are a person who has bad patience or likes alot of action i would suggest playing more than one game. and to help figure out what is going on, only pay attention to the hands that you are in and fold any bad hands to prevent confusion. this is where my patience helps because i will fold hands i would normally call, but i fold them to pay more attention to the better hands in other games. this is where my reasoning comes in handy.

E

eaglezoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I would just focus my attention to one game. In that way, you can study your opponents habits and tendencies, even when you are not in a hand, and thus get a better learning experience out of each game you play. Playing two is easy for some, but I would rather focus my attention on my game, how I am executing the fundamentals, adjusting my game to my opponents, making sure I am being a good sound decision maker, who has the right frame of mind to even lay down a good hand if necessary. :eek: :cool:

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I play more, then 1, then more again. ;)

I usually play 8 FR tables at a time. Using tracking software is nearly mandatory when multi-tabling.

M

markpro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lisen, playing more tables has a very but very nice advantage if you are able to do it. the advantage is more winnings per hour!! :)!! The thing is when your playing one table you are very concentrated and will almost always play better then if you played a bunch of tables... but... even though the quality of your play will decrease a bit every new table you enter, if you manage to play solid on each table then you amount ull be making on that new table will more than fill in that spot of money that you would be missing on the pervious tables!! You should only do this when you have a nice and solid game going. Good luck at the tables :)

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been upping my skill on one table play. I used to try and play more and I have done ok but I would rather sit down at one and win every day. Once I can win all the time (well most of the time) at just one then I will expand it to two tables.

I have been pkaying more limit poker these days and really at the limits I play dont think I have to do much more than know that donkeys are there playing eveery hand and that I can fold KK or AA when 4 suits that i dont have appear on the board.

POKERYALL

POKERYALL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play no more than two to three table tables at a time, however if I'm in a muti table game and I'm in the cash and getting close to a final table spot, I'll bring up a single table sng ( tiny buy-in ) so that I can use that game to help me stay focused.

Sometimes the game I've already made the cash in, can get a little slow, the cards can go cold and after a while you might try and play a hand you shouldn't, because you get a little board of not getting a hand.

The smaller second games gives me something else to focus on and I play the bigger game more patiently, because I know the cards will come or someone else will make a mistake I can take advantage of.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To multi-table, you need to practice, practice, practice, and then use Poker Tracker or Holdem Manager to keep track of the other players.

Nowadays I play 6 tables at 6max ring games. About 500 hands/hour, which means 100 hands/hour that you need to think about as I have about 20% vpip, and most of those are decided preflop or on the flop by a cbet, so it's really not that many hard decisions that you need to make per hour once your preflop and cbetting strategies are clear in your mind.

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi Tabeling?

To multi-table, you need to practice, practice, practice, and then use Poker Tracker or Holdem Manager to keep track of the other players.

Nowadays I play 6 tables at 6max ring games. About 500 hands/hour, which means 100 hands/hour that you need to think about as I have about 20% vpip, and most of those are decided preflop or on the flop by a cbet, so it's really not that many hard decisions that you need to make per hour once your preflop and cbetting strategies are clear in your mind.
I dunno---Playin' more than 1 table at a time is sometimes more than I can handle--and from what I've read, boring or not, multi-tabeling is NOT a very good idea--nor is watching TV--nor is listening to music--or reading--or talking on the phone. I've been told by the more experianced players, players ususally ITM, not to do anything but play cards--and play cards on ONE table!:rolleyes:

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Multi Games

I have been trying to play more then one table on full tilt but just cant seem to focus and get it all. i was wondering how people play so many tables at once and keep track of everything thats going on. also do you have to play different when playing a few tables at a time? and also could you please say how many tables you tend to play at once so i can get a feel for what is the average amount and stuff like that.

That is a very difficult question to ask or to answer. I think it depends on the playe and the person.

I know many people who play multi games every day and seem to handle them fine. That is between 2 and four games.

I can speak for my self, that I can handle only one game at a time. I have played as many as four at a time, but was not able to conscentrate or what the players.

I also played two games many times and then, both games suffered because I was unable to really conscentrate on closely on both games.

So, to repeat myself; it depends on the player and the person. Some people are more capable of playing multi-games well, than others.

You have heard the old saying " give advise and lose a friend" however, my advise to you is: if you want to play multi-games, start out with two games and see how you do. I you do well, move on the three games, etc,.

Some people play as many as twenty (yes 20) at one time.

Hope this info is helpful to you. As for me, I am a recreational poke player, and would not want the stress of playing multi-table.

Good Luck

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from what I've read, boring or not, multi-tabeling is NOT a very good idea

Why is it that all the online pros do it, then?

Multi-tabling is an essential part of making money in online poker. I may not be the best option when you learn, but when you're demonstrably profitable with a single table, i can assure you that your $/hour increases very much with multitabling.

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played up to 3 at a time, but it gets too confusing when they all pop up at once insisting you make a decision. It gets too confusing so I try to limit it to 2. Also have to be careful to separate them properly or you'll click on one and the other will pop up putting you all in or folding a good hand.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played up to 3 at a time, but it gets too confusing when they all pop up at once insisting you make a decision. It gets too confusing so I try to limit it to 2. Also have to be careful to separate them properly or you'll click on one and the other will pop up putting you all in or folding a good hand.

Tile them and you won't have that problem.

If you want to play 4+ tables, I would really recommend a 24''+ 1920x1200 monitor so that can tile the tables and have them big enough so that you can easily read the information from your HUD.

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you want to play 4+ tables, I would really recommend a 24''+ 1920x1200 monitor so that can tile the tables and have them big enough so that you can easily read the information from your HUD.
Thanks. I did finally figure that one out, but can't afford a bigger monitor. Besides, I'm the "computer dummy" they write books about. Love the game.

Budro4

Budro4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I go with 2 maybe 3 at a time. If it's an important game or expensive I just play one.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always play only one table, ive tried two tables but i just cant seem to be able to make a profit when im playing two tables. i will usually do good at one table and not hit anything on the second table.

H

Holdem3x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the guys who play a bunch of tables at a time play a very tight and strict list of starting hands in each position.This I think lets the odds work in their favor over time thus making it much easier to do as opposed to making advanced plays at a single table.Holdem.

K

kazor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I gotta measure my monitor and see what I am using now. I can tile 4 and see them fairly clear but I just think an upsize would give me too big a monitor for everything else. I have to keep changing resolution so websites arent super small. Its annoying.

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont know how you do it.

I only played one for quite a while, now I play 3 or 4 at 6max. I don't think I could keep track of players' tendencies at more than 6 (don't use pokertracker) People playing 16+ FullRing tables can't being making as many reads as they would at fewer tables...but they play so many hands they must already know what they're going to do in almost every situation.

I dont know how you do it. Jeez, If I play two games at a time, I struggle.

But, I guess people are different.

Good luck with your multi-table playing. Wish I had the capacity to do that. But, we have to live with what we got. LMAO.

cya

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tile the Computer Screen

I wounder if you would be good enough to explain to me how to "tile" my computer screen when playing multi poker tables.

I'm fairly computer literate, but, never "tiled" the screen.

Thanks

K

KingPietro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i often plays 3-4 tbales but not more i think only very good player can play 10 tables or more