Playing good but results are really bad

weldphaser

weldphaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'll be honest i didn't read all the posts,

but i was wondering if the OP could post stats and his graphs to take a look at. it will take a lot of guessing out of what ya got going on

K

kadison728

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing well, running bad

It has happened a bunch to me in the past few weeks. I won a tournament a couple of months ago on Carbon, then I played really awesome poker, but the results were not good. I kept losing money and had to finally re buy. It sucked. Then I came in second in a facebook followers free roll. I played awesome, but it came in a free roll. I have since played fine, but keep losing because of impatience or being sucked out on. It makes you appreciate when you play well and win!

R

rocksolid124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A week is a very small sample size, but - and I'm not saying you're not playing well, but just in general - I would advise when you feel like things aren't going well for you but you're playing well to still get a friend or someone to look over your hand histories if they are willing to do so. I know there's been times in the past I felt I was playing well, shipped my hh's to a friend or someone I talk poker to, and basically, I was really playing awful without realizing it.

Again, not saying that you're not playing well, but it definitely can't hurt having others look over your hands when you feel like you're in a rut.

B

bluejay2220

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it happens. Sometimes people just dont fold and get lucky, when this happens its important to think in the correct terms, rather then think you lost, think of how you saved money, as in minimized your losses. Everyone wants to win, but its also very important to minimize losses.

D

DunningKruger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol'd a bit at the topic title. I've been experiencing the opposite this month... playing like a turd avalanche but the results have been ridic good. I'm sure it'll even out.

StivDice

StivDice

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
J have that problem....playing good,but no money....no final tables.....only into money but small.....

B

biff22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi RegHC23 I know just what you mean. That is at least before I started this bad run 2 weeks ago. I will win a lot of hands and get way ahead and that one hand will come that you think can't be beat. And lose all my winnings back to someone else. What I've had to keep in mind while playing all but one hand can be beat. So may when you get those really good hands go into is slowly. I understand you can't fold KK to an alin pre-flop but if you can see the flop you may be able to get away from some hands

That is about where I am at. Ran really good and tripled bank roll. Now have been on an equally bad run and am back to original BR. Have changed tables, limits, and times played but bad run just keeps following me.:)

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad run happens. But here is a thing. For 99% players out there playing at lower limits bad run comes with tilt. It is a good thing to review your sessions , big and medium pots(win/lost) to see where you had a bad run and where it was tilt. First thing to do from my experience is see where I was going wild and played starting hands that I shouldn't be playing in the first place. Than see where I was AI with the bad odds. Of course bad run is costing money , but getting in in with the wrong odds is a lot worse. Count the money where you made bad plays and see where you would had been without them. I think that at this limits ABC poker has such an edge that you should be at least break even on a bad week.

For those players that tilt the bankroll in a day , well they should buy tilt breaker ad set it to 3-4 days with a max 5 BI loss.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to be so result oriented.Remained focus is important in the long run.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got to the AK hand and stopped watching. Why are we check calling 3 streets when we are the pre-flop raiser and no sign that villain is an aggro tard.

Most of the time we would see them check back that river with a weaker hand.