omg how am i beating this game?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NO SHIT!!!!?????
Somehow I had a hunch - that's why I put it there - how's that for a read??? LOL - PM me and we'll get something going.
You probably could sweat him, Sixhurdles and I both live in KC, and if your location is accurate so do you.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you're telling me it's a greater likelihood that he is a good poker player naturally than it is for monkeys to write Shakespeare? I'm gonna have to Think on that one :)
Well yeah - absolutely. Think about it - there are existing skill sets to bring to each application. A lot of poker players bring (brought) prior existing math skills, psychology skills, people skills, game theory, paradigms, etc that helped them to quickly get over a learning curve and start being profitable. It doesn't mean they totally understand the game just that what they do have translates to success. Extreme example, but not unlike an athlete who can crossover to another sport - much of the skill set transfers though the strategies and rules are totally different. Maybe this guy was a chess nerd as a kid?
What prior existing skill sets does a monkey bring to a keyboard to write Shakespeare?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have - and I would even venture to say that experience (and surrounding experiences) is part of a skill set I bring to the poker table that serves me quite well.

Have ever, voluntarily, read Shakespeare? I doubt it, no-one has.

Have you ever been made to read Shakespeare at gun point? This is the traditional route by which most people are introduced to the works of the bard.

There isnt a single English schoolboy who dosent think that a monkey couldnt do better than this :-

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I have - and I would even venture to say that experience (and surrounding experiences) is part of a skill set I bring to the poker table that serves me quite well.

Not so, neither; but if I had wit enough to get out of this wood, I have enough to serve mine own turn.

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have ever, voluntarily, read Shakespeare? I doubt it, no-one has.

Have you ever been made to read Shakespeare at gun point? This is the traditional route by which most people are introduced to the works of the bard.

There isnt a single English schoolboy who dosent think that a monkey couldnt do better than this :-
hahaha Stu. How has this thread digressed to this?

Top 10 Games