Omaha tments

P

PuffinNugs420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive been playing in both FT Omaha freerolls every day and have been doing exceptionally well. I have placed in the top 60 in the last 6 or7 tments I played, however Ive only cashed in 2. My chip stack gets up 3x over the avg. stack and then its like i start playing tighter and my chips slowly start to dwindle. Im more worried about losing a big pot by taking chances than trying to win the big one when i have the odds.

Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold everything not premium oop and don't defend your bb just for the sake of it. Raise alot in position and widen the range you raise preflop on the button, and you don't always have to raise pot. Reraise people that raise to often when your in position if you have what you think could be a superior hand, no one likes playing out of position without the nuts in omaha.

Just focus on leaning on people in position. And don't be afraid to fire two bullets (flop and turn), because alot of times people call that first bet on the flop with a draw, and when you check it on the turn, they take that as you possibly not having anything and they'll either block bet you on the river or pot max you on the river. In that same situation if you bet the flop and turn that turn bet usually is what gets the job done and 9 times out of 10 in omaha people don't check raise you without the nuts or near nuts (middle and bottom sets on an uncoordinated board)

One more thing, don't reraise hands you wanna play to big if you can't call or won't call a repop. example if someone tight raises from utg and you reraise, definitely don't reraise it pot max if you can't call the player from early position pot max reraise. If your gonna reraise in that situation value reraise it that way just incase he repops you, you can call a cheaper raise if you still want to play your hand at that point