omaha hi question

L

lewis010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wanted to know whick omaha combinations are the best in order to enter in the pot.... i really dont know if aakk is better than 5678 ( 7,8 of hearts, 56 of diamonds).. omaha is a very tought game and i really dont know whick combination is the best.. any suggestion will be useful..

Rounder_D

Rounder_D

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both hands are premium hands but 5678 can hit the flop alot more ways then AAKK. basically I play hands that i call potential hands and those are hands that are double suited and make multiple straights. bottom line is your playing for straights and flushes, sets dont hold up very often and unless you have the nut flush its always a tough descision. but what is more crucial then the hands you play with PLO is pot control. if you watch some of the big games on fulltilt you will see that david benyamine, tom dwan, and phil galfond are notorious for this and that is why they crush the game so often.

Double-A

Double-A

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wanted to know whick omaha combinations are the best in order to enter in the pot.... i really dont know if aakk is better than 5678 ( 7,8 of hearts, 56 of diamonds).. omaha is a very tought game and i really dont know whick combination is the best.. any suggestion will be useful..

AAKK is 58% against 5678.

Do a google search for Omaha calculator.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best hands to play are hands that have nut possibilities like nut str8 and nut flush possibilities
AAJ10 or AAKK double suited are considered the strongest hands preflop in omaha but in omaha u will never be greater than a 60% favourite before the flop so u really want to see flops for cheap

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Entering a pot in Omaha isn't the problem, it's knowing when to get out. Never play danglers, and the nuts on the flop will probably be the shitz on the river.

J

JiuJitsuBraz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play all hands that have potential, like the others have said. You want hands with high flush posibilities, and that are connected enough to make straights. Omaha in essense, imho, is a straight and flush game. And when there is a pair on the board, don't consider calling much without a full house or better.

Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if u don't know what hands to enter with than only play in position until you learn, and fold your bb to any aggression, definitely don't call your SB just to call. That'll save you some money. Don't fall in love with any hand post flop, I don't care if its AAKK double suited if the action is too much or you realize you aint gonna be able to win by making bets you get away. And pay attention to how people bet out of position, if they bet alot out of position with marginal hands or without the nuts and continue to bet than those are the people you want to target. Prey on people out of position, and if its someone that you have a grudge against or they just took your money and he's sitting to the left of you, don't get raise happy since your beginner. Wait til your on the button and he's in the small blind and than you raise with GOOD HANDS (when u realize what that is and not just any hand, when you understand how this works you can raise more) to get him back.

Note whoever you think is good at the table and stay away from them unless you either have a superior hand or you have position. If its good people to the left of you and there applying constant pressure, I would tell you to either leave the table, resit to the left of them or just continue to fold and play tight out of position.

Its not as much about the cards and the math in position you can just lean on people in position. Out of position you stick to counting your odds and calling with good hands, don't get to caught up about what hand is better than what unless its preflop, and like some other card chat member "Find me a hand that is better than a hand that holds aces preflop using the omaha calculator" because there isn't. That doesn't mean overplay them, but along with the dude that originally said that I advocate Getting MOST of your stack in preflop if the chance arises (and no the chance doesn't arise every time you have aces, rarely does it actually arise).

Last edited: