Ok another hand for you guys.. well actually 2..loose cannon on my right

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put pressure on this person twice.. and twice I was favorite.. Not mad about either lost cause I was the one putting pressure on the person. Just got outdrew in both hands. Yes very aggresive as usuall but I feel comfortable in that style(like the no guts no glory).. now what would you have done otherwise being me or this other person?

Stage #246852655 Tourney ID 52558 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $20 - 2005-11-23 17:29:05 (ET)
Table: 60 (real money) Seat #3 is the dealer
Seat 1 - BEKAT ($2015 in chips)
Seat 2 - TWIZZYBOP ($2905 in chips)
Seat 3 - A B RUDER ($1035 in chips)
Seat 4 - BRUCEHOO ($1750 in chips)
Seat 5 - JLM6979 ($1235 in chips)
Seat 6 - NORTHERN LTS ($1275 in chips)
Seat 7 - BP65 ($5150 in chips)
Seat 8 - LDYLUKAA ($2670 in chips)
Seat 9 - CHEESEPIE ($1750 in chips)
BRUCEHOO - Posts small blind $20
JLM6979 - Posts big blind $40
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [7c 7h]
NORTHERN LTS - Folds
BP65 - Calls $40
LDYLUKAA - Folds
CHEESEPIE - Folds
BEKAT - Calls $40
TWIZZYBOP - Raises $160 to $160
A B RUDER - Folds
BRUCEHOO - Folds
JLM6979 - Calls $120
BP65 - Calls $120
BEKAT - Calls $120
*** FLOP *** [5c 4c Qc]
JLM6979 - Checks
BP65 - Checks
BEKAT - Checks
TWIZZYBOP - Bets $640
JLM6979 - Folds
BP65 - Folds
BEKAT - Calls $640
*** TURN *** [5c 4c Qc] [6c]
BEKAT - Bets $120
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $120
*** RIVER *** [5c 4c Qc 6c] [Jd]
BEKAT - Bets $120
TWIZZYBOP - Calls $120
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BEKAT - Shows [9d Kc] (Flush, king high)
TWIZZYBOP - Mucks
BEKAT Collects $2420 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($2420)
Board [5c 4c Qc 6c Jd]
Seat 1: BEKAT won Total ($2420) HI:($2420) with Flush, king high [9d Kc - P:Kc,B:Qc,B:6c,B:5c,B:4c]
Seat 2: TWIZZYBOP HI: [Mucked] [7c 7h]
Seat 3: A B RUDER (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: BRUCEHOO (small blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: JLM6979 (big blind) Folded on the FLOP
Seat 6: NORTHERN LTS Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: BP65 Folded on the FLOP
Seat 8: LDYLUKAA Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 9: CHEESEPIE Folded on the POCKET CARDS

Stage #246857030 Tourney ID 52558 Holdem Multi Normal Tournament No Limit $30 - 2005-11-23 17:34:32 (ET)
Table: 60 (Real Money) Seat #8 is the dealer
Seat 1 - BEKAT ($2735 in chips)
Seat 2 - TWIZZYBOP ($1865 in chips)
Seat 3 - A B RUDER ($1035 in chips)
Seat 4 - BRUCEHOO ($1670 in chips)
Seat 5 - JLM6979 ($3155 in chips)
Seat 6 - NORTHERN LTS ($1155 in chips)
Seat 7 - BP65 ($5500 in chips)
Seat 8 - LDYLUKAA ($2670 in chips)
BEKAT - Posts small blind $30
TWIZZYBOP - Posts big blind $60
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to TWIZZYBOP [Jh Jc]
A B RUDER - Folds
BRUCEHOO - Folds
JLM6979 - Folds
NORTHERN LTS - Folds
BP65 - Folds
LDYLUKAA - Raises $120 to $120
BEKAT - Raises $210 to $240
TWIZZYBOP - All-In(Raise) $1805 to $1865
LDYLUKAA - Folds
BEKAT - Calls $1625
*** FLOP *** [Qd 4d Kh]
*** TURN *** [Qd 4d Kh] [9h]
*** RIVER *** [Qd 4d Kh 9h] [2d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BEKAT - Shows [As Qs] (One pair, queens)
TWIZZYBOP - Shows [Jh Jc] (One pair, jacks)
BEKAT Collects $3850 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($3850)
Board [Qd 4d Kh 9h 2d]
Seat 1: BEKAT (small blind) won Total ($3850) HI:($3850) with One pair, queens [As Qs - P:Qs,B:Qd,P:As,B:Kh,B:9h]
Seat 2: TWIZZYBOP (big blind) HI:lost with One pair, jacks [Jh Jc - P:Jh,P:Jc,B:Kh,B:Qd,B:9h]
Seat 3: A B RUDER Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: BRUCEHOO Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: JLM6979 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: NORTHERN LTS Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 7: BP65 Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 8: LDYLUKAA (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well on the first hand i would have put the brakes on after seeing that flop ! An overcard and a flush draw. The flop bet wasnt bad, but certainly after that you were done. Why he called the raise with that muck is totally beyond me, but it happens all the time.

Second hand, I'm kind the same I hate JJ and tend to push straight away with it. But people love AK/AQ and love calling bit bets with it, knowing at worst they are a coin-flip. With the betting going on ahead of you, you probably knew AK/AQ was out there somewhere. But it was a coin flip that you lost.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ty tenbob.. but when I pre-flop raise, I bet the flop no matter what hits, like I own it. I like to be the one putting pressure on people and not the other way around. I don't know if a re-raise after the turn would have done anything.. However about 10 minutes or less after I posted, I still had the tourney window openend cause this just recently happened. The person was busted out, his/her luck only carried them for so long.

Yet I have taken this forum advice, remembering that I don't have to always be so aggresive so early on and that has also paid off. I don't always adhere to this and has worked this way that I am showing now.

I actually enjoy loose cannons like this. Yes I get busted by them on occasion cause they do get lucky but the %'s are on my side and boy I do love busting them much harder cause they are hoping for luck while I am playing solid. I basically just don't like loose cannons because of thier sloppy hope luck playing.

Grumbledook

Grumbledook

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the first hand I am guessing its early on with blinds at 20/40. I would have either folded with the limpers in front, or just called and hoped to hit a set and get out cheap on the flop.

With it being checked round to you, a big bet here imho is a mistake. Higher clubs are going to call, someone may have hit the Q and not bet scared of the flush etc. Someone may already have the flush and be slow playing it. A straight is also a small chance as well (though I would discount it).

Either way I think a big bet there is giving away chips. What are you going to do if someone reraises. Or the other option, a 4th club hits and you end up calling more chips off as you did.

I think you were too agressive, too early, against too many players. The whole idea of raises is to isolate against one player, or two preflop. That was a scary board with a weak hand.

As for the JJ hand, didn't anyone tell you JJ never wins ;]

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top ten pre-flop hand is weak? As for the Higher clubs the only one possiblity of that being would be an A,K of clubs. Lower clubs would have to be 8,9,10,J.. anything lower on a pre-flop raise would be even crazier. Carrying an 8,J.. or 10,8.. only other possibilities would be 9,10 or 10,J. Ace(X) suited would be decent again if it was a,k .. a,j or a,10.. But pre-flop one would have to hope that nobody else has called. So callin pre-flop early and usually dealing with Jackals.. I hardly put them on decent hands. Cause remember loose cannons like to re-raise when they have decent hands instead of being the one calling. That is the nature of loose cannons raise and re-raise especially with decent hands. Yet proven that in that case the loose cannon didn't. So a made flush early on at best I thought a,k which was unlikely based apon the style of loose cannons. They crave action and being the ones in control, so the only way to take that control would have been a re-raise with a,k. Did I give the king of clubs the right odds to call with the pre-flop bet?

I also called him down because of 2 reasons. What the cannon called me with and actually I had outs, not alot but I still had outs.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ty as well Grumble.. Next time anyway.. a flop like that.. I will take the time to analize before I bet.. Like I stated once before.. think 1st then react.. not react then think.

X

xdmanx007

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going to:boxing: till you learn to take blind levels into account when you are making decisions, the only time you runs jacks that early is when you are headsup against a hyper aggressive (good not an idiot)player that you are trying to send a message to. The message being I am just as willing as you are to mix it up! Now the first hand BLIND LEVELS BLIND LEVELS BLIND LEVELS BLIND LEVELS BLIND LEVELS. There are some who believe in "continuation" bets the way you do. I am not saying they are a bad strategy just that they are much more effective in cash games. ONLY play hands irregardless of blind levels if you are in a turbo tourney where you needs most if not all your good hands to hold up!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As i said on numerous times before everyone has a different style of play. With the 77 hand, the way I would play it (or any other mid/low PPairs) would be to see a flop and hope to hit a set.

The pre-flop raise was fine, but soooo many players on-line will play back at you if they have even a sniff of the flop. Especially with 2 callers you have to be very cautious if you dont hit your set. Playing pocket pairs like this i will usally call and see a cheap flop, occasionaly if the timing is correct i will raise in the hope of a steal, or to get heads up against one player.

But as Xdman mentioned stealing is just not worth the risk at the 20/40 level. Hold on to that for later on in the tourney.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands