New YouTube Videos by big winner at Micros (2-5nl)

H

HellNative

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New 6max 2nl Zoom video currently uploading (ready in 20 minutes or so). Warning: 2 hours long.

I've been thinking about turning this thread into a kind of results/progress blog to go along with the YouTube tutorial videos. Not sure yet, let me know if that would be something you'd like to see.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I think it will be great if the thread is accompanied with results and progress, yeah :top:

H

HellNative

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New 2nl 6max Zoom

This was a late session last night. I originally meant this to be a quick bonus video but ended up playing into the early hours so we'll call this 'today's video.'

I might pick a theme for future videos, focussing in on a certain aspect of play and engineering hands to demonstrate the concept. It might effect our profit but it would be a good way to see certain things we can do to exploit players.

H

HellNative

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it will be great if the thread is accompanied with results and progress, yeah :top:

OK, I'll put up some results in the future, probably not daily, maybe once a week. Thanks for the input. :)

T

triplstacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm interested in some free coaching. I PM'ed you my results.

W

williamcafferkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
havent watched the full 2 hours yet was playing poker and won two 10 euro free bets will watch later when I get a chance and thx again for the videos

P

ps_komaklos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just watched your first video. What i really like is that your showing your stats and play a regular session and showing all the hands and not just spots like AA or KK wins and stuff.
Once or twice i thought you pay pretty much to just setmine, i.e. 99 vs utg 3bet...

*twothumbsup* Really nice!

H

HellNative

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
havent watched the full 2 hours yet was playing poker and won two 10 euro free bets will watch later when I get a chance and thx again for the videos

No problem.

I just watched your first video. What i really like is that your showing your stats and play a regular session and showing all the hands and not just spots like AA or KK wins and stuff.
Once or twice i thought you pay pretty much to just setmine, i.e. 99 vs utg 3bet...

*twothumbsup* Really nice!

Yeah, I think seeing everything, 'warts & all' is important. Maybe we spot our leaks during the mundane, rather than the big pots and fancy plays. We all make mistakes, why hide them?

I can't remember the 99 hand but hopefully I had a reason for it, sounds like it might've been a mistake.

Thanks for the comments.

H

HellNative

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New 4 tables of 2nl Zoom video coming in the next hour or so. It was a fun session, if a little difficult to commentate on, I was somewhat rushed, haha. I think it's probably a better watch since there's more action, a couple of interesting spots etc.

H

HellNative

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New 4 tabling 2nl Zoom

I might go easy on this kind of format of me just playing sessions for a bit, they're all quite similar and there's 6 of them now. I thought it'd be good to invite beginners/struggling cash players (2-5nl) to submit their own videos of a session into this thread and I'll do a commentary and try to pick out some potential leaks etc, or you could just send it to me if you prefer, just PM me.

W

williamcafferkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i won the two free bets at coral poker its at 9 0 clock on Thursdays..... I won 35 euros but lost it on a flop 2-8 v kk he hit trip 222s I was sick oh well thts poker

H

HellNative

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so as I said I'm going to post results/progress in here each week. I have no idea how to post a picture on this forum, it's telling me that i can't use img BBcode in posts so I'm not sure how to do it.

Most of the play in the sample was for the videos but there were a few short sessions that I didn't record.

Graph

A mixture of 2 and 5nl, both 6max and full ring. Not a big sample, this is probably about a typical days worth of Zoom for hardcore grinders. I've probably played more hands in a single session before, but since I'm not grinding like I used to this will likely be my volume/week.

Our play got a little worse since we decided to 4 table Zoom over the last few sessions, lost a fair amount of non showdown but we still won at the tables. Ran really well overall. We only got set over set against us once and I think we had it in our favour 2 or 3 times. No real big suckouts either and our hands held more than is to be expected I'd say. I think we're 3 BIs above EV at 2nl which is always nice too.

It's important to note that this was a good run, we won't win at that rate playing Zoom tables for too long. We might breakeven (or worse) next week over a similar sample, anything can happen in 10k hand samples. Zoom winrates will be down overall vs regular tables, but hopefully we can post another winning sample next week.

One fun hand from my last session...

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

vlad568 (BTN): $1.46 (VPIP: 13.33, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 30)
HellNative (SB): $3.34
snussan (BB): $4.81 (VPIP: 80.00, PFR: 40.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 5)
ramirito17 (UTG): $1.94 (VPIP: 11.17, PFR: 4.48, 3Bet Preflop: 5.79, Hands: 364)
Bolshoi Boy (UTG+1): $3.73 (VPIP: 17.48, PFR: 14.08, 3Bet Preflop: 8.57, Hands: 209)
KIYON_15 (MP): $1.04 (VPIP: 13.11, PFR: 6.15, 3Bet Preflop: 3.67, Hands: 245)
Funman83 (MP+1): $1.56 (VPIP: 20.83, PFR: 1.39, 3Bet Preflop: 3.03, Hands: 72)
erioncrazy (MP+2): $2.13 (VPIP: 13.66, PFR: 9.49, 3Bet Preflop: 2.91, Hands: 439)
olemelan.ole (CO): $2.10 (VPIP: 11.38, PFR: 5.99, 3Bet Preflop: 2.86, Hands: 168)

HellNative posts SB $0.01, snussan posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) HellNative has 6 A

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, HellNative raises to $0.05, snussan calls $0.03

Flop: ($0.10, 2 players) 2 Q 6
HellNative checks, snussan bets $0.10, HellNative calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.30, 2 players) J
HellNative checks, snussan bets $0.29, HellNative calls $0.29

River: ($0.88, 2 players) J
HellNative checks, snussan bets $0.85, HellNative calls $0.85

snussan shows 4 A (One Pair, Jacks)
(Pre 42%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
HellNative shows 6 A (Two Pair, Jacks and Sixes)
(Pre 58%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
HellNative wins $2.49

I'm not sure why it's not showing my stats but it doesn't matter since this guy probably didn't know me, but he seemed a bit crazy and he called our raise really fast. Each bet he made almost instantly. I've found 2nl players to be extremely spewy when x to, particularly BVB, so bluff catching is going to be a good strategy for you guys to use. Perhaps wait for a top pair type hand though.

I think calling down here was fairly standard given our perception of the villain and the way the board ran out, we block the nfd and I doubt he insta pots OTT when the flush comes in, but maybe he does, who knows.

One observation about 2nl, it's probably not a good idea to try to get people off TP, or any pair in some cases, even the regs, and it's probably mostly correct to fold to big river bets if you have a marginal hand, unless your hand reading skills are very good, or you know your opponent. One final thing, don't give your opponent credit for bluff raising rivers unless you know they're capable, I got stung a few times with that, it's almost always a strong hand at 2nl FR.

Winner Poker