need some ring game players help

petey5o

petey5o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm thinking about going to cash games full time. I just got a few questions to all of you who do it, (play ring games for your profit.)

-When your getting ready to sit down and play do you set a specific number of hands or amount of time in which your going to play?

-If so do you ever leave earlier than the specific time or stay longer, and for what reasons?...(not leave early because you have to go somewhere, but poker related.)

-If your playing limit cash games, Is there a certain number of big bets you would aim for per hour over a long period of time?

-And if you play cash games, do you get into a routine, for example. If you play 4 hour sessions, would you ever get in and play a 20 minute session?

-Are there any articles you know of that would answer questions along these lines, not so much as how to play. but more like these questions?

Your input is much appreciated and any thing else you would like to add would be most beneficial. Thank you.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What up, I play ring games but I only play 10NL right now so I'm no expert or anything, gonna move up to 25NL soon.
You should read chuckT's 10k post or whatever it's called. He has a sweet post on ring games with lots of useful information.
What I normally do is open up 9 tables and plan on playing 1000 hands, but if I take a 1-outer that really gets me pissed I just shut 'em all down and go play a SNG. No point playing on tilt with 9 tables open!
I find 1000 hands is a good target for a session and once you get there if you're having a hot session you can aim for another 1000 if you wanna keep going. On turbo tables it gets up there pretty quick.
I don't normally plan on playing a smaller session than 1000 hands, I like the mentality of knowing there's lots of hands to come so there's no point playing TPTK for a stack. Just be patient, especially in full ring.

Top 10 Games