Multiple tables

L

locasious

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CY
Chips
Hi guys , when someone will be ready to increase the tables in Cash game small stakes?
How long need to play in one table to be familiar with the positions ,betting etc in order to play in more tables and our play to be sufficient and profitable? I am only playing one table and sometimes 2,3 but feeling that I am missing vital info of hands,opponents and my game is not efficient and most of times not profitable if playing more than one table.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi guys , when someone will be ready to increase the tables in Cash game small stakes?
How long need to play in one table to be familiar with the positions ,betting etc in order to play in more tables and our play to be sufficient and profitable? I am only playing one table and sometimes 2,3 but feeling that I am missing vital info of hands,opponents and my game is not efficient and most of times not profitable if playing more than one table.
Well done, nice that you have notice yourself that your profitability gets down when you open more than one table per session.
You don’t need to be ashamed, just play one single table until you are killing it to the bones, i.e, when you get to have a neat winrate, something like 10/100 BB, for instance.
Open several tables at once is very hard, and only experienced players can do it and be profitable.
I like to use chess analogy, only a few chess Grandmasters can play several tables of chess and win, the same goes for poker.
Put yourself together, know who you are and what you can do, never feel ashamed because you are a student or a learning one, on the contrary, feel glad that you are in this path of always being able to apprehend and learn.
Trust yourself and know who you really are, don’t lie to yourself and time will reward you sooner or later.

Best regards;

L

locasious

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CY
Chips
Hi Aballimanion . Appreciated that you spend time to write all of these and thank you for your good words. I will keep studying and playing one table till to be more confident than to multitable . Thanks a lot ;)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think the best is one table and a few times two. One is better because you can watch the game and get the necessary informations for your strategy. If you open more, of course you can play, but it is more like a game of luck and your actions will be more hurried.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Do you play with a HUD, if not these are very useful to 'catch up' on action you missed whilst concentrating on other tables.

I think it varies from person to person, but once you are winning at one table comfortably you should have some spare mental capacity to add a second. After a while you will find one table too slow

L

locasious

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CY
Chips
Do you play with a HUD, if not these are very useful to 'catch up' on action you missed whilst concentrating on other tables.

I think it varies from person to person, but once you are winning at one table comfortably you should have some spare mental capacity to add a second. After a while you will find one table too slow
GG has HUD don’t using any alternative program only with the practice watching the players and put notes and built up a history for them for their hands , raising attitude . Etc

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
in cash game small stakes you have to play 8 tables and more, to get familiar I advise you to add table by table, i.e. go to 4 tables for a period, then 5 and so on.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I think that when you do multi-table you have to play mechanically, and for that you have to have a strategy for the preflop and post flop and stick to it.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
in cash game small stakes you have to play 8 tables and more, to get familiar I advise you to add table by table, i.e. go to 4 tables for a period, then 5 and so on.
You dont have to play 8 tables, its certainly optional. Your bb/100 will decrease slightly for each table you add so definitely better to add tables slowly rather than jumping to 8.

Also you need to weigh the pros and cons of playing lots of small stakes tables or fewer higher buy in tables, e.g. is it better to play 8 NL10 tables autopiloting or 2 NL50 and pay max attention - I.e. which earns the most $ per hour?

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Play what you feel confortable, i play a long time only 2 tables until feel confortable to play 4 cash game tables. I try sometimes to play 6-8 tables, but my game is very bad with this quantity, so i back down for 4 tables where i feel my game is better, you need to try to see what is better for you, only imagine and dream not gonna help..

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Never play two tables at the same time, you will lose focus and lose

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to play at two tables and feel you can play with concentration, plus the option to find a weaker player more, well, work with theory

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I prefer to play at only 1 table, so I can concentrate better on the game, but from time to time I play 2 tables at the same time, I think that if you play 1 hour a day at least maybe after 6 months of constant practice and study, you will achieve start earning money... it all depends on time, discipline and dedication.

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Cześć chłopaki, kiedy ktoś będzie gotowy na jadalnię w drobnej stawce?
Jak długo trzeba grać przy jednym stole, aby znaleźć się z pozycjami, obstawiając itp., aby grać na konsoli, a nasza gra jest wystarczająca i opłacalna? Gram tylko na jednym stole, czasami na 2,3, ale
Brakuje mi informacji o rozdaniach i przeciwnikach
Obecnie gramy we freerollach. Planuję grać na pieniądze. Dlatego od kilku dni siedzę po 2-3 godzinach i robię notatki o zawodnikach. Jestem przerażony tym, co widzę – wyższą wyższą stawką. Grają tylko parami od 1010 w górę i AK AQ AJ A10 (w wysokości w kolorze)
Ważne jest, aby Twój bankroll był czterdziestokrotnie większy niż wpisowe. Przykład: grasz z wpisowym 1$-2$ - zalecany banroll = 40$-80$. Doyle Brunson napisał do dobrego gracza i wiele się od niego uczę.

Oczywiście — jest to kwestia bardzo indywidualna — zależna od percepcji, znajomości i dostępności użytkowników i społeczeństwa.
Aby uniknąć ryzyka braku bankrolla, możesz uzyskać dostęp do kilku freerolli jednocześnie. Zobaczysz jak Twoja analiza gry będzie wyglądać na kilku stołach.

GGPoker ma bardzo dobrą opcję „automatyczną”. Trzeba zastosować to, czego nie da się zastosować. Dla mnie ważna jest także struktura flopów. Przykład:
Asy pojawiały się na stole przez 3 rozdania z rzędu. Jestem na pozycji UTG z A7 (different colours) (Can I wrote A7o-oversuited) - moja decyzja będzie brzmiała: PASS. Ocena A7 za bardzo słabą rękę do gry na UTG, natomiast ja jestem słaby i nie doceniam rąk z Asem - do najsilniejszej karty pod względem wartości. zdarza się, że na nim ukradł 4 karty tego koloru lub są dwie pary i nikt nie ma Full — to jak sobie radzi.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I'm comfortable playing up to 4 tables at a time, but generally I'd suggest to just stick to 1-2 as more tables you are adding, harder it is to focus on plays. Once we're talking about 10+ tables you must be completely automatic and your style of play should differ greatly compared to playing 1-4. You just won't have time to make fancy plays on 10+ tables or to read your opponents ect.
In the end just look at what's most profitable for you. If it's one table, then stick to 1 table. If you make 1$ an hour at 1 table and 5c on each of 10 tables, it's just simple math to stick to 1 table.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We can increase our tables when we can make good decisions and stay focused on all tables. It helps to streamline our actions by learning preflop ranges really well-- free gto wizard is amazing and then simplifying our post flop betting strategies. There are some excellent youtube videos regarding bet sizing post flop simplifications.

:unsure::geek:

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play multitable only freerolls tournaments.. cash games i nedd full concentration in a single table

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's better to win at one table than to lose at two. Focus on your feelings. If you have time to make the right decisions, monitor your opponents’ play, and feel comfortable, then the number of tables can be increased.

emgesi

emgesi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It's like having a duel and triumphing whether to play on the fourth

Last edited:
TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just gradually try to add more tables, you do not need to do it all at once.

You want to get the level where you maximize your hrly earnings. If additional tables do not add to your hrly then you need to back down.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
i wouldnt put a time limit on when you transition to more tabes.

Keep patient and learning. I would advise smaller stakes when moving to more tables to get used to making these quick decisions.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been multitabling for yeeeeaaaars now, and I feel like I am always just on the edge of being profitable. Reading this thread has me thinking about easing up haha.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I am always just on the edge of being profitable.
Step 1 is being profitable as you seem to understand now.

Adding tables when losing just makes you lose more of course.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I think you answered your own question.... when you stop being profitable it's time to step back. When the decisions get easier and you find yourself bored or waiting a lot you might want to see if adding a table is possible, but there is no need to always do anything in poker, 👍