Micros are unbeatable

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grunch: No way am I reading all of this in my drunken state but OP is stupid. Play good starting hands, value bet, beat micros. EZ game.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can think of millions of better things to do with my time than 9 table 2nl for 300k hands, let me guess, you wanted to prove you could beat the level over a decent sample size?? (facepalm)
Just learning the game untill i was able to. Actually you are right somehow. Another reason was that after being a break even or slightly winning player for 2 years in wanted to prove to myeself that i corrected a lot of flaws and that i can keep doing this and not only for a hobby someday.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just learning the game untill i was able to. Actually you are right somehow. Another reason was that after being a break even or slightly winning player for 2 years in wanted to prove to myeself that i corrected a lot of flaws and that i can keep doing this and not only for a hobby someday.

Its what you chose to do and if your playing higher now then I guess it worked for you, but you could have moved up and corrected all those flaws at 5&10nl too.

:icon_rend

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its what you chose to do and if your playing higher now then I guess it worked for you, but you could have moved up and corrected all those flaws at 5&10nl too.

:icon_rend
Actually i am playing at 5 and 10 NL now.
I can say now that bankroll management is maybe the most important thing that divides winner from loosers between good players with the same amount of skill. You never learn untill you actually experience it. If you can educate yourself to always have at least 100BI BR you will never have to worry about downswings. You will not have to look back while learning.
I only looked back once after buying a big 27 inch monitor. But it was an investment that i actually needed .

UnexceptionalRounder

UnexceptionalRounder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you actually want to improve, I have a series of videos addressing some basics for beating micro-stakes limits. You can check them out on YouTube if you like:

Let me know if it helps you identify some of the mistakes you are making!

Jackle43

Jackle43

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you actually want to improve, I have a series of videos addressing some basics for beating micro-stakes limits. You can check them out on YouTube if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecko1O_K37E&feature=share&list=PLcqhrl1M_BA9pEnDpSzDESNXTUV3AbD8-

Let me know if it helps you identify some of the mistakes you are making!

Haha yep watched these a while ago actually, Watched pretty much all training vids on youtube i could find haha It was helpful thankyou

Breezy222

Breezy222

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say unbeatable. But there is about 95% donkey at these levels. Just be patient and play ABC poker and work your way out of the micros. Donkeys at this level will always be donkeys. About maybe 2% will actually learn and move up.

L

Lip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well honestly although this thread might of got off coarse at the same time it is a nice reminder of one thing. Don't be afraid to take a break. Including myself. I have felt tilt as most of us have. And tilt has screwed me not bad luck or bad draws plain and simple tilt. Which if you go on tilt and keep playing this is something anyone has to learn from. Don't get upset take a break and study it. I read the first couple comments and wanted to put my own in then read more and it brought back even a better feeling it happens to anyone sometimes yes someone can take a bad beat or give one but if you let that ruin your game that is your fault and it sucks. Learn to walk away and come back with a clear head and realize that is not going to happen every time. I think I needed this thread because tilt has been on my shoulders plenty of times and I finally can admit it, its my fault that I let it weigh so much.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My saying is just Donks, understand them and take their chips. It isn't meant to be that difficult