Micros are unbeatable

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jackle43 I understand where you are coming from. The variance is amazing. My last 1000 hands were crazy. First I was up 2 buy ins and rocking, next thing I know I m down 3 buy ins. Every draw came in despite heavy betting. Runner runner nightmares: Flop top set get all in vs a draw an lose, Bottom set vs. top pair who fills on the river, get all in with AA vs 77 pre-flop and lose, etc.. etc... Eventually the numbers even out. We just gotta stay off tilt and make good decisions.

Now that I am playing micros again, I remember why I used such an aggressive BRM strategy. Makes you wanna pull your hair out some days, and other days it seems so easy you cant imagine losing.

P

ProphetEyes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the micros are more than beatable. im living proof

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I know its beatable and all that, im just running bad. My AK not hitting and when i have a hand someone seems to always have a better one. Just running bad. And i know im a decent player. alot to learn but im i can beat these players. Just running bad and feeling shitty haha."

Ok dude, time for tough love. Please take this the right way and understand that I am trying to help.

"I know its beatable and all that"

Correct

" im just running bad"

Are you sure, have you reviewed hand histories? / discussed with microstakes winners?

"My AK not hitting and when i have a hand someone seems to always have a better one"

AK not hitting, so? your AK will hit just as often as everybody elses long term.

"And i know im a decent player."

Based on what? If you have stats to back it up fine. every player I come up against at micro stakes THINKS they are decent. I must be the only one that realises I am pretty poor but can turn a profit because I plays against people worse than myself. If you are a player that has great ability but tilts off after bad beats, you are not a decent player.

"alot to learn but im i can beat these players."

Finally a realistic comment. If you play solid and work on your leaks there is no reason you cant beat them.

"Just running bad and feeling shitty haha."

Again, see point 2

TheseNutsWin

TheseNutsWin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clearly he doesn't want anyone's help.. He only wanted someone to confirm his bias..

L

LDS85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP, it sounds like you're playing above your bankroll limit. Drop down instead of 01c/02c.

It sounds like you should be playing at the play money table.

kltpzyxMrM

kltpzyxMrM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This sounds just like a friend of mine, he's got no tolerance for variance and is extremely risk averse. Basically he's scared money. When you try to point out his flaws, instead of listening to you he gets defensive and does verbal gymnastics to rationalize his generally passive weak-tight poor play. While he criticizes the play of stronger aggressive players. I just about stopped talking any poker to him. There's just no getting through to some people when they let ego get in the way.

long_bong

long_bong

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This should be entertaining to follow :)

P

PoopFlinger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
comon OP, of course its beatable. why do you think players are stuck at micros? they make the same constant mistakes and don't learn from it. also thinking like that is so bad for you. accept losing, its part of the game. its how you handle the swings that makes you a winner or a loser.

Jackle43

Jackle43

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahahha this thread got ridiculous, it turned from a tilt thread, a way to source my over emotion to a few dollars from a few bad suckouts to a cc argument...
Anyone know how to completely delete threads because it should never of got this far.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahahha this thread got ridiculous, it turned from a tilt thread, a way to source my over emotion to a few dollars from a few bad suckouts to a cc argument...
Anyone know how to completely delete threads because it should never of got this far.
I could delete this thread, but there's no need. It's a perfect example of how neophyte players look at the game, and how experienced players attempt to turn them around.

As to a "cc argument," if there was any argument (I wouldn't call it that) it was pretty one-sided -- you against everyone else. I didn't see a single person agree with you. Which should tell you a little something. ;)

It's fine to post and vent, but when you make statements that are so obviously wrong or seriously flawed, people here will call you on out on them. That's what this forum is about: sharing knowledge and helping people get better. It may seem harsh at times, but it is what it is. LC gave you some very good advice, he wasn't attacking you, he was genuinely trying to steer you in the right direction.

I can 1000% assure you that the vast majority of recreational poker players think they're better than they are. And we've all been there and thought of ourselves as decent players before we actually were. No shame in it -- embrace it, and draw from the experience and help of those who are offering it. Or don't, it's your choice, but then you might question why you're here at all.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This ^ x 1,000,000

Jackle43

Jackle43

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess this thread was my learning curve to be honest. Before it i considered myself not a great player or even a thinking player but i had a feeling i knew what i was doing. After this thread i think i went back to the books and re assessed my play to the full. I am now playing so much better live and online.
I even made a little thread abit after this to track my win online and to converse about some hands. https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/

Im definitely still learning the game, as i think most people will forever, but when i think about it this thread probably turned me from the break even/loosing player to a now steady winning player these past months.
Still grinding the 2nl and learning to exploit wich is a thing my game was lacking.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
good 4 u man, that's all about on this forum, so many great people will jump in and give you good advice and if you're open to listen and learn from mistakes then you will improve your game.

Also, share some other toughts you have, which books did you read etc....

gl in your journey....

:)

Jackle43

Jackle43

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm well i started of with the so called BIBLE just the Doyle Brunsons super system both 1 and 2. I then read Ed miller and David Slansky book "Small stakes poker" and just a huge amount of online vids and articles...
Really building my game from that persistance to learn and understand this war of cards we call poker haha.

X

XXXUUUU

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
micros

First the site you play on may have a lot to do with it.I noticed its not mentioned and it should be.You seating is also important(hot and cold).I have had the best seat turn into a garbage can(leave before that happens).I would turn $2.75 buy in to $30 before cashing.I have been where you are and there is 1 rule a nit at that level does and must exist play pots and grind grind grind.I play higher limits and rarely venture into micros due to rake.Micros are filled with players with just a few dollars left in there bankroll.So most are tilting,broke,crazy,or worse.You catch pairs AA KK QQ JJ and feel great about them while they catch 26 and 37 off and they do not care(because they have already blown there bankroll and whats $3).Try feeling the game(know who is donking and who is tight nit).I do not know what your micro buy in is , so try buy in for half what you normally do grind from there.What I have noticed about micros is small pocket pairs do very well if set is flopped due to the players that frequent micros as I stated above.That is not always true watch the table and see who is and whats going on.ThIs may help then again players and micros are unpredictable.I would suggest .10 /.25nlh or .50 /1.00 some skill is involved sometimes.If your not that good play limit and build your bankroll$$$$$$$$$$! Good luck and Happy Holidays!

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the micro limits on Merge have gotten harder.. With the players leaving merge I think some higher stakes players move down to the micros.. I noticed there isnt as many games in the .02/.04 NL as there was at the beginning of the year.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
micros make u call looser no matter how good u are cause :"its only another 20 cents, thats only a small blind in the table that im used to"", i cnever seem to be able to play my A game in the micros.i do alot better in a lil more pricey cash games or tournies as i tend to respect the money alil more and play better. I am sure that i have to apply my skills to any limit and anytime i play poker. im working on that right now.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think i made over 600$ at 2 NL in 3 mounths when i started playing serious this year. I cannot mass multitable more than 9 tables because of my eyes so i think ppl that can play 24 tables at once can make much more without a big downswing of their ROI.
I know why beginners feel helpless at 2NL because i felt this way in the past and also i know that anyone can get pass that line and start winning consistently at 2NL without fearing the variance.
Some small tips .
1. Money are made posflop not preflop. Improve you postflop play.
2. Small hands small pots, big hands big pots. Value bet with your good hands, check for pot control with you marginal hands. Do not try to make fish fold with your marginal hands. They will not. They will not fold their marginal hands when you try to bluff them. But this is a good thing. They will also not fold their trash when you have a good hand.
3. Hands selection. While experienced players select their hands depending on their opponents , you should start using some general guidelines and a starting hands chart already made by experienced players and posted on the net.
4. Wonders do not happen. MY ROI is 12BB/100 at 2NL. So i won 600 dollars at 2 NL playing about 250-300k hands. A lot of work. There is no shortcut. If you are result oriented to make some money quick you will be a losing player. It is boring some times but the fun is when you go up one lvl and start learning again.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think i made over 600$ at 2 NL in 3 mounths when i started playing serious this year. I cannot mass multitable more than 9 tables because of my eyes so i think ppl that can play 24 tables at once can make much more without a big downswing of their ROI.
I know why beginners feel helpless at 2NL because i felt this way in the past and also i know that anyone can get pass that line and start winning consistently at 2NL without fearing the variance.
Some small tips .
1. Money are made posflop not preflop. Improve you postflop play.
2. Small hands small pots, big hands big pots. Value bet with your good hands, check for pot control with you marginal hands. Do not try to make fish fold with your marginal hands. They will not. They will not fold their marginal hands when you try to bluff them. But this is a good thing. They will also not fold their trash when you have a good hand.
3. Hands selection. While experienced players select their hands depending on their opponents , you should start using some general guidelines and a starting hands chart already made by experienced players and posted on the net.
4. Wonders do not happen. MY ROI is 12BB/100 at 2NL. So i won 600 dollars at 2 NL playing about 250-300k hands. A lot of work. There is no shortcut. If you are result oriented to make some money quick you will be a losing player. It is boring some times but the fun is when you go up one lvl and start learning again.
wow,it seems like ur dedicated and goal oriented. good luck with this. and also this is very aspiring for people who play these limits.thanks for sharing.:D

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude 300k at 2nl ouch
BlackRain79, who posted earlyer on this thread, played a lot more at 2NL.Milions of hands. Actually he inspired most of us. He is a legend at micros and i advise all beginners to buy his book "Crushing the micros".

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
micros make u call looser no matter how good u are cause :"its only another 20 cents,
Makes 'you'... not 'me'. I'm thinkin' in bb's.
thats only a small blind in the table that im used to"", i cnever seem to be able to play my A game in the micros.i do alot better in a lil more pricey cash games or tournies as i tend to respect the money alil more and play better. I am sure that i have to apply my skills to any limit and anytime i play poker. im working on that right now.
For sure 'one' needs to find what level they feel they will be able to play optimally (ie. I have some friends who are regular losers (online) and have played for decades. They simply don't follow any kind of BRM and don't find it worth their while playing at smaller stakes.). Others are able to try just as hard in a $5rebuy mtt as they are in a $215 (or even a private freeroll). Partly goes back to 'why people play'.
I've read about some of the better online MTT players who will play a wide variety of buyins & are known to give it their all in any of them.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can think of millions of better things to do with my time than 9 table 2nl for 300k hands, let me guess, you wanted to prove you could beat the level over a decent sample size?? (facepalm)