lost 90$ in 2 days

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would advise you to have a positive attitude, I think everyone focuses too much on the fact they they always seem to get sucked out on. Don't focus on that aspect of the game, if you play your cards right and stick to proper bankroll management, you will win the in the long run. It really is that simple, the problem is that people play a couple hundred of hands and think that they just have bad luck. To really get a good understanding, you need to play hundreds of thousands of hands, and learn from each one. Good luck in the tournament!

S

slim897

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you for that i needed to read that can you give me some proper bankroll management tips

x2486

x2486

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"three businessmen were charged with selling used panties without a permit..."

I guess we've all been there, lol.

"There is no guarantee that all the panties marketed as having been worn by schoolgirls actually have been."

Grandma needed a little extra income. :puke:

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As someone who's eaten at Michelin rated places here in the US, and at a bunch of good places in the UK, Switzerland, and Italy, I gotta say I disagree with you in a big way. America is the land of fatties, and we do eating out WAY better than across the pond.

As someone who has eaten in top restaurants in the UK and decent restaurants in the US the quality of service in the US is outstanding. They seem to try so much harder but that is probably a result of the tipping culture there. In terms of food I haven't noticed a difference, the food is excellent on both sides of the pond.

I've eaten at places like the Hilton Manchester fwiw and believe I'm the exact opposite of c9 in that he's done US and I've done UK. The UK is pretty damn good for food and has improved lots in recent years (not that I think for a second you're dissing us or anything obv)

S

SoSick00

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the 90 man knockout turbo doublestack tournies. I recommend playing the $3 ones to start although that is a large portion of $50 being almost 10%. Try to freeroll your way into them by playing the cash games, something small like 2nl. Maybe set mine 9handed 2nl and then move to the $3 90 mans. That's how I started my roll. Also don't tilt! By the headline of this post, it sounds like a tilt post. Surround yourself with positivism and either be happy or fake it if you have to. But by being negative, that will only ruin things for you.

S

slim897

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advice but now my bank account is closed and trying to figure out another way to put money in my account on full tilt like a prepaid card any suggestions????

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like more is wrong than your poker results.....

Playing outside BRM guidelines ... bank account closed ...

should we save you the trouble posting and declare that you are either foreclosed on or about to be served an eviction notice... ??

BTW... are your car payments more than 30 days behind.... or was that on a repo last week... ??

Not trying to be be mean, but it looks like there's more to this story than you are telling. online poker (or even live for that matter) is not a 'quick fix' to financial problems... but it can be a catalyst to total disaster.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
thanks for the advice but now my bank account is closed and trying to figure out another way to put money in my account on full tilt like a prepaid card any suggestions????
y

Stop playing poker & invest in lottery tickets.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're a losing player, then I suppose any poker is kind of a waste of your life. At least play money is not a waste of your money as well.
But its a waste of your time. May aswell play facebook poker and stop getting decent advice on poker forums if you're playing play chips

B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$90 is no big deal. I always notice though like right after a bad day, I don't know if its just me, but I tend to earn it back pretty quickly. It's like my bankroll has an equilibrium. Downswings will also teach you stuff - in my case, don't play PLO. I no longer play 2-7 tdl or PLO.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say that a $90 dinner for two would be dinner at a v.good restaurant, dinner for two at a decent-good restaurant where i live is like £40!! You must have high standards lol

What? You can't even get a decent bottle of wine for $90. Dinner for two for less than $300, you're not really into that lady, imo.

x2486

x2486

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But its a waste of your time. May aswell play facebook poker and stop getting decent advice on poker forums if you're playing play chips

Not sure what your point is. Do you think someone shouldn't be allowed access to decent advice which might help them get better unless they're "paying their dues"? Or that there's no point in trying to get better if you're not actually gambling?

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what your point is. Do you think someone shouldn't be allowed access to decent advice which might help them get better unless they're "paying their dues"? Or that there's no point in trying to get better if you're not actually gambling?

No one is denying you access to good poker advice. I think what ben ryno is saying is, in absence of any meaningful risk/reward for poker there is absolutely no reason for anyone to play in a way that maximizes EV and thus you will have a hard time winning as villains will play any two cards, won't fold and will call or shove without correct odds. Therefore advice geared for players playing for cash becomes somewhat meaningless.

Now I know someone will chime in and say I just described 2nl perfectly. True there are a certain amount of players who might as well be playing Bingo or slots at 2nl (or 5nl etc.) but lots of players do want to make money and try to play accrodingly even if their execution is noticeably lacking.

x2486

x2486

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No one is denying you access to good poker advice. I think what ben ryno is saying is, in absence of any meaningful risk/reward for poker there is absolutely no reason for anyone to play in a way that maximizes EV and thus you will have a hard time winning as villains will play any two cards, won't fold and will call or shove without correct odds. Therefore advice geared for players playing for cash becomes somewhat meaningless.

So you think someone shouldn't play against donks because they're too hard to beat because they play badly? You might want to re-think that logic.

Now I know someone will chime in and say I just described 2nl perfectly. True there are a certain amount of players who might as well be playing Bingo or slots at 2nl (or 5nl etc.) but lots of players do want to make money and try to play accrodingly even if their execution is noticeably lacking.

People play a lot of games where there is no meaningful risk or reward and they may still try to play their best. Yes, the lowest play money tournaments often have three or four all-in's on the first hand. But like 2nl or higher, there are players who are playing their best and are trying to learn and improve. At the higher play money limits are people who have spent many hours accumulating their play money chips and don't want to just donk them off on the first hand.

My main point is just that there is something to be learned from every level, and that you don't need to pay to learn things that can be learned at the play money tables. Of course, you can't take all the lessons you might learn and use them against every opponent. But this is true no matter what level you're playing at.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean it would be nice to have the money laying around to indulge is such things.That said i took my wife out for her birthday last week to a Japanese steak house and had a very hard time choking down the $80 check.I told her hope you enjoyed it because thats the last time you will see me in this joint.:)

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I put this in the wrong thread o well.

LizaBuv

LizaBuv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing for a bit and read NL Hold Em, Theory and Practice. (Sklansky and Ed Miller)

Good theory and fundamentals in there. Keeping in mind theory is not the end all but should help plug up some leaks.

soccerrunner8098

soccerrunner8098

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$90 can be a lot to some people, such as myself haha
If I lost $90 in 2 days I would probably quit poker for a couple years until I'm done with school

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean it would be nice to have the money laying around to indulge is such things.That said i took my wife out for her birthday last week to a Japanese steak house and had a very hard time choking down the $80 check.I told her hope you enjoyed it because thats the last time you will see me in this joint.:)

Japanese steak house? Do you mean teppan-yaki?

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been playin full tilt poker for 2 days now and lost already will be back at it tommorow with 50 $ any suggestions i will greatly take into consideration

I would suggest you play some freerolls. There are a lot of freerolls out there and it's a good way to get used to tournament play (even though there's no risk and people's play reflects that). Just play smart in the beginning because that's when people make the dumbest moves and you're most likely to get sucked out on.

After you've got the hang of that, then I'd start playing real money tourneys so you don't throw away your buy-in. I'd definitely look up a little about bankroll management, but as long as you're not buying in for too much, you'll be able to afford plenty of tourneys.

Goodluck

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I absolutely adore Anglo-American flare, being born on a certain surface area of the earth makes it subjectively superior to the other place.

Much like the patriotism I feel for fellow mammals, for petes sake we generate our own heat, I mean what the shit lizards? Feed our young from nipples, we own animal kingdom.