Loss to the room?

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! Yesterday I played at the cash table and I became interested in one moment, on turn I have a straight flush to K, I go all-in, two villains are also all-in, one flush-draw to ace has two senior pairs, I didn’t risk it and took the grand payout, I don’t remember the percentage, but very good, the villains continued to play, one straight flush to A. As a result, the two of us took almost twice as much money as was in the bank (and if one would take the payment?) Considering that I was playing at micro limits, the loss of the room is negligible, but if our bank exceeded hundreds of thousands? Could there be such a distribution? After all, this is a loss to the room. Recently I read one posts, write that distributions on pokerstars are rigged, if you take my case the hand was completely arbitrary. I was wondering if this situation often occurs on pokerstars? The pot was about 300BB.
Best regards, Sergei.

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! Yesterday I played at the cash table and I became interested in one moment, on turn I have a straight flush to K, I go all-in, two villains are also all-in, one flush-draw to ace has two senior pairs, I didn’t risk it and took the grand payout, I don’t remember the percentage, but very good, the villains continued to play, one straight flush to A. As a result, the two of us took almost twice as much money as was in the bank (and if one would take the payment?) Considering that I was playing at micro limits, the loss of the room is negligible, but if our bank exceeded hundreds of thousands? Could there be such a distribution? After all, this is a loss to the room. Recently I read one posts, write that distributions on pokerstars are rigged, if you take my case the hand was completely arbitrary. I was wondering if this situation often occurs on pokerstars? The pot was about 300BB.
Best regards, Sergei.

If I understand correctly: You cashed out your equity, but another player sucked-out and won the pot.
When you cash-out (or as you say 'Grand Payout') Pokerstars takes a 1% fee.
So in your exact situation Pokerstars loses money. However over-time Pokerstars will be making 1%. Just like if you win a hand of blackjack Pokerstars loses money, but long term Pokerstars makes money.
I love to 'Cash Out' and reduce the variance in big pots. So I see this happening a LOT, and I always want villain to win too when I choose to 'Cash Out' :D Then everybody's happy :)

Pokerstars makes over $1million profit a day. If they lose 'hundreds of thousands' from this feature in a huge hand - they can handle the variance :p

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pokerstars makes over $1million profit a day. If they lose 'hundreds of thousands' from this feature in a huge hand - they can handle the variance :p

In the beginning the cash out feature was only offered up to 16NL. Not sure how it is now, but high stakes cash games are dead anyway, so its probably a hypothetical questions. The more real concern might be, that players can collude to rip off PokerStars by sharing information about dead cards.

Lets say that 3 players work together, one player has QQ, another has KK, and the last one has Q4. Then QQ and KK can go all in against each other, and QQ can choose to cash out, while KK lets it run knowing, that the odds of getting sucked out on is much lower due to a Q being dead. But I am sure, PokerStars are smart enough to protect themselfes from this kind of behaviour, which could of course also get you banned. So the above is only for educational purposes :D

P

professor_poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning the cash out feature was only offered up to 16NL. Not sure how it is now, but high stakes cash games are dead anyway, so its probably a hypothetical questions. The more real concern might be, that players can collude to rip off PokerStars by sharing information about dead cards.

Lets say that 3 players work together, one player has QQ, another has KK, and the last one has Q4. Then QQ and KK can go all in against each other, and QQ can choose to cash out, while KK lets it run knowing, that the odds of getting sucked out on is much lower due to a Q being dead. But I am sure, PokerStars are smart enough to protect themselfes from this kind of behaviour, which could of course also get you banned. So the above is only for educational purposes :D

I would suggest that in this spot that is a risk for Pokerstars. In the greater scheme of things it probably wont make the feature -ev for Pokerstars, but if they became aware of abuse (they probably measure its ev for them over time) then they could stop it and even look into the tables at which it was consistently being -ev. Large sample needed for that though - given that one player only holds 4% of the total cards in the deck in any case.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would suggest that in this spot that is a risk for Pokerstars. In the greater scheme of things it probably wont make the feature -ev for Pokerstars, but if they became aware of abuse (they probably measure its ev for them over time) then they could stop it and even look into the tables at which it was consistently being -ev. Large sample needed for that though - given that one player only holds 4% of the total cards in the deck in any case.

I agree. The rake is also a deterrant for players especially at lower stakes. If someone was to do this at 10NL, they would be charged 4,5% of the total pot + 1% of the cash-out amount. So this would pretty much only make sense at high stakes, where I am sure, it will quickly catch the attention of security, if something weird is going on.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello! I just read your opinion, in one post I translated the statistics of the pokerstars security service report on how many violations and deception were detected, including fixed games, but there is another point, in one hand the flop comes up QJ, 8- rainbow, I have J, 8o, the villain puts all-in, I answer, the villain has QQ, what are my chances of a pot? I did not take a meager payout and continued the distribution, turn-8, river-8, so you won't always guess where you find where you lose, and if you go all-in with dead cards, then of course you will attract the attention of the security service.
Best regards, Sergei.