Limping and the limpers around you.

S

Sstoner

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a big fan of limping in when I can control myself. Limping in is not when you call with any two cards for the price of the blind. You must have a good hand ie. pockets, suited connectors, A 10 and up. J 5 off suit is never a good hand preflop. Big pots can be won by limping. But sometimes I dont want many callers with my A Q so Raise it up. Playing your table not your hand can be very beneficial as well. Playing the table means noticing the trends in different positions. Who always raises on the button? Who checks the big blind? This will help you determine when to limp versus when to bet. Sometimes the table will not present you the oppertunity. A couple of large bets and showing after folds can open up the table. Limping can win you large pots, but be careful it can bite you in the ass as well. Keep in mind that someone else is probably limping at the table as well. If after u hit your strait and there is a pair on the table, you get raised by someone you think is a limper, he's probably got the full house. FOLD IT. you will get plenty of other chances. this strategy has won me some tournaments. Not sure how well it works at a cash table, but give it a try and let me know. Good Luck:cool:

Last edited:
B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best times to limp in tournaments is if you are in late or middle position behind a couple limpers, you have great pot odds, great implied odds (if you have a small pair and hit a set), and position on the blinds and all of the limpers. So it's worth it to limp with any pair and suited connectors also. And ace rag suited is good to limp with, but you should be looking to get a flush draw, straight draw or two pair, don't lose your stack if you flop an ace because someone else probably has you outkicked.