Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks c9h13n03 good advice there.

Just one bit id like to clarify

Not raising for fear of being limp/raised is retarded

I wasnt saying that we wouldnt raise because of fear of being lip raised, I was advocating (ocasionally) limping so that players could not take limping as a sign of strength or weakness, thus if we limped before them they would not be able to be 100% certain that we had a hand or not.

I also was saying that by not consistantly raising limpers, we were not allowing limpers to trap us with a check raise. Not so much fear here, just if they dont feel confidedent that we always raise, it makes it harder for them to trap. It dosent make it impossible, just it makes it harder for them to predict our actions and thus makes us harder to play against.

Saying that, most of the time say 75% we will be raising our good hands, the 25% we dont, its to allow us to be more deceptive and to make our opponents post flop decisions much harder.

Last edited:
Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks c9h13n03

I wasnt saying that we wouldnt raise because of fear of being lip raised, I was advocating (ocasionally) limping so that players could not take limping as a sign of strength or weakness, thus if we limped before them they would not be able to be 100% certain that we had a hand or not.

I also was saying that by not consistantly raising limpers, we were not allowing limpers to trap us with a check raise. Not so much fear here, just if they dont feel confidedent that we always raise, it makes it harder for them to trap. It dosent make it impossible, just it makes it harder for them to predict our actions and thus makes us harder to play against.

You would have to play against one specific person a LOT to have worry about this imo, and you shouldn't be playing the good regulars that often. You should be seeking out the fishy regulars or the fishy not so regulars and just taking their money.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a post C9 wrote about 3 and 4 betting that might be what you are looking for : Click_Me

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that .. and also a big thanks to C9 for writing it. I have seen the article before, but will reread it as it seems to be the jist of what i was refering to when talking about preflop 'implied odds' when infact what I was refering to was 3 betting light.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would have to play against one specific person a LOT to have worry about this imo, and you shouldn't be playing the good regulars that often. You should be seeking out the fishy regulars or the fishy not so regulars and just taking their money.

I suppose that is very true. You would have to play against people for a long time before the balanc in the stratagy actually paid off.