Limpers in Small Stakes

Jhonnathan Willians

Jhonnathan Willians

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the type of player you are, in my case is always raise raise in small stakes

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate limpers.. they limp UTG and if someone raise they still call....i hate them and show hand like J9s..i think the best way is to reraise very big and cbet every flop.....

hatemandos

hatemandos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate limpers.. they limp UTG and if someone raise they still call....i hate them and show hand like J9s..i think the best way is to reraise very big and cbet every flop.....

what is interesting: cash games or tournaments?:)

JustBeatIt

JustBeatIt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitey some interesting and varied answers here.

If you are in position, raising will help you to gather information for the rest of the hand.
If your post flop play is good, then it doesnt matter a whole lot, but raising here will also stop other players form limping in along with you or promoting a 4 way pot where your odds of the best hand post flop go down. Isolation is probably best.

P

pachopaez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limp

if you are sure to get a hand , has to do with raise, making him limp can cause a serious problem from the beginning is better to take control of the hand, just call it a sign of weakness , even with premium hands is recommended limp

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't min raise like some others have said, it just prices them in to call and anyone else who wants to come along. I usually do 3xBB +1 for each limper, so in this situation I would raise to 0.40c.

vita087

vita087

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold in my opinion or raise. LIMP NEVER

S

sin_nombre

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ofcourse Raise allways :) , nnever limp

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp or Raise?

I always try to look at it like this... If someone else were to raise would I call... If so then what is the difference if I put it in there now, plus I get the advantage of finding out a little information with the raise. If your not willing to put the money in if you are raised then you should probably fold it anyway.

G

gcb722

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are confident enough in your post flop play I would raise here with a much wider ranger. I have also noticed 3 betting in the small stakes is under used and most of the small stakes players only three bet with obvious good hands and mediocre face cards. So you should definitely be trying to isolate limpers more often and take that free money on the table.

Dany_Style

Dany_Style

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think raise here,not profesional player,but i think so,Raise to isolate him.

L

lukeellul92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your post flop edge. Its all well and good being told to "isolate limpers", but if you dont know what to do post flop its just going to be burning money.

Unless you have a mega edge on most of the other players, i would suggest just playing your normal range but raising your good hands that little bit more pre flop.

^ Bingo. A10 is a tricky hand! Don't get involved unless you're comfortable widening your range a little bit in position and showing aggression on most flops even if you don't hit.

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love limpers , sometimes 3 or 4 before me limp, and I allways raise pot or more, then usualy everybody fold. Thats good strategy for me. ;)

B

Bigboss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love limpers , sometimes 3 or 4 before me limp, and I allways raise pot or more, then usualy everybody fold. Thats good strategy for me. ;)

this strategy does not make money, so I would not call it a good strategy

Frontiere

Frontiere

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this strategy does not make money, so I would not call it a good strategy
Realy ? Offcourse if you think micro cash game dont make money , then yes. And I dont wanna limpers in hand I play, so thurn them out with nice raise , because i dont wanna play against moron who limp with 5 9 aginst my AA or KK. Thats it

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general having Limpers is good, so you don't want to 3-bet so much they stop. I raise 3 times the BB plus a BB for each limper.

Also, in general, I only 3bet monsters from middle position, but

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general having Limpers is good, so you don't want to 3-bet so much they stop. I raise 3 times the BB plus a BB for each limper.

Also, in general, I only 3bet monsters from middle position, but

Lets try that again.

In general having Limpers is good, so you don't want to bet so much they stop. I raise 3 times the BB plus a BB for each limper.

Also, in general, I only bet monsters from middle position, but play much looser in late position.

I join the limpede with small pairs and suited connectors.

The big thing to remember is broadways and big pairs play best against one player (where TPTK is like the nuts) and horrible against 4 players (where it takes 2 pair or better to win). so when you raise you need to raise enough to fold out most of the limpers.

Y

Yagr27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
postflop will show you how to do it .
but I usually do 3 bet