Limit players - does this starting hands chart make sense???

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.

I hope I`m not breaking any rule here, but I have come across this site and this specific page. Does it make sense to you guys?

For example, in the section that says Middle position, I would have thought that the list of unsuited starting hands would have been shorter than the list of suited hands, not the other way around.

Check it out and let me know what u think ;)

www.hittheflop.com/starting

joeaugie

joeaugie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found a very useful chart in Matthew Hilger's Book called "Hold'em odds and Probabilities."
It not only breaks down hands and positions but goes into detail about betting from the blinds. Its a far more detailed chart. If you are on the button with suited connectors, for example, sometimes it is worth limping in especially if more people have limped in behind you. It breaks down early position, middle position, late position, button, SB, BB. I tried playing it by the book and it can be boring to be folding over and over but it's great advice when looking for those big pots....which are the crucial ones in limit.

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll second the notion of the Hilger books being very good if you're interested in learning LHE. I'm about 2/3 of the way through his first book "internet texas hold'em" and have found it to be a very good read. Especially if you are looking for leaks in your game; following the guidelines in that book has really improved my starting hand selection. My flops seen have gone from about 30% to 15/20.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands