Limit Holdem

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody have any tips for playing Limit Holdem 6 Max. I play .25 .5 and have been winning pretty consistently but recently ran into a couple losing streaks. i know this is probably just one of the swings but i wanna see if there is anyway to improve my game. im talking about any tips you may have about any aspect of the game.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6-max LHE is batshit crazy, and likely one of the most frustrating games you'll run into.

B

BenLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the combination of limit hold'em and 6 max just means so much variance. I recently started limit and I've had some really hot streaks and some really bad runs at 6 max, so I'm trying to stick to full ring games where I think it's a little less variance. I'll play 6 max if its at a lower level though. I've heard limit is actually more variance than NL, and a lot of people know how to play NL and they'll call down to the river with A high at limit.

As for tips, I don't really have any. I use a pot odds calculator near me when I'm not sure about a situation. Definitely be careful of 6 max games if you're worried about variance. Just making good decisions should get you far because at the micro stakes people often just chase draws until the river.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been playing a lot of limit poker lately, basically i try to go heads up, if i get a tight player i will bluff him all the way, if i get a loose fish i will call him down with an A high, i made a few $ at pokerstars and fulltilt too.

i tried playing full ring, but there are so many people in the pot, you just cant win with less than 2 pair, so 6 handed is the way to go. i think reading people in fixed is more important than in nl, today i got a guy who was rasing every pot, everyone from the table left except the guy and i took about 5$ at 5c/10c blinds.

thunder1276

thunder1276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but reading people is so much harder im limit because they have so many things that they could make a single bet with so top pair or even 2nd pair wins fairly often in a 6-max game

C

chispa73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't played much 6 handed but I've been playing FR .25/.50. To answer you question just raise with hands you would call with in a FR game preflop and either raise or fold when entering. The key would be aggression. Do you have stats comparing your FR limit and 6 hand limit?

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules