Limit HE - The value of straight/flush draws

F

flopquads

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just began playing low limit he at a local card club. I've come to realize the likely hood of people, and sometimes myself, completing straight and flush draws, especially flush draws.

Because of the betting structure, I guess if you have a 4card flush draw at the flop, you might as well bet to the river. I guess the odds of completing the flush are 2 to 1. I experienced the losing end of the good odds today when I had 2 pair, As & Js. I had A,J and the flop came A,J(club),x(club) . I bet, the person after me raised one bet, I called. The turn came x(club) I bet, the person after me raised. (at this point I thought he may be bluffing, so we went the max 4 bets on the turn and river. I figured I still had a chance to complete a fullhouse and at the river, since the pot was large at this time, I figured the pot odds were there for me to bet heavily. It was not my day to beat the bluff but an important lesson was learned.

Does anyone have insight in to other preflop hands have considerable implied value in limit poker?

I

infestus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot odds in limit poker are kinda funny.The further in you get,the better your odds are/thus a call is gonna be the implied predicament.The reason y ppl say u cant bluff in limit.Which for the most part is true.The main thing to look for tho is that if you hit a hand like that,always bet out and let em keep calling,just watch out for the filler.If they miss you just pulled a nice pot,if they hit you just gotta bail or smooth call hoping to make a boat.In these limits almost everyone chases everything.I've played with ppl who had 2 9 against my A K flop was A K 2 and they call to the river and catch a 2.Just gotta keep aggressive and hope they miss most the time.

Full Flush Poker