Limit Game Buy-In

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it doesn't make a difference, but what is the standard buy in for a limit game? I read that 200 big bets is a good roll for whatever limit you are playing, but as far as an actual buy in goes, I'm just guessing.

W

wsthesis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the actual "buyin" amount matters, so long as you have at least enough bets to go all rounds capped (4 bets per round). So, at least 12 big bets in hold 'em / omaha (if blinds are .05/.10, then at least 1.20) (4 small bets preflop/4 small bets on flop/4 big bets on turn/4 big bets on river). Just remember that if your stack dwindles, you may need to add more to your stack.

D

Dayne G.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it doesn't make a difference, but what is the standard buy in for a limit game? I read that 200 big bets is a good roll for whatever limit you are playing, but as far as an actual buy in goes, I'm just guessing.

Live, I always buy-in for 25 big bets, and never allow my stack to get below 13 big bets. In limit, it's important to ALWAYS have chips in front of you-- never let them get to the felt, IMO.

I do this for couple reasons:

1. If I go on a heater, I could have 3, 4, or 5 racks in front of me.

2. New players will see this when they arrive at the table (and if I happen to be stuck, they'll never know)

I want players to get used to me always having chips in front of me. If you train them to believe you're a big winner... YOU ARE!

Online, I usually buy-in 30 big bets, only because I go through "chips" faster.

Good luck,
Dayne

Top 10 Games