dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm probably older than you.

That said, in my life there were several times when I was called on to pass along my experiences. Teach others what I know. Since for the most part most of my practical experience was intuitive, or had gained that status via rote repetition, I found the teaching experience to be the ultimate learning experience.

So it is with poker. Via hand history analysis, along with my perceptions of what was going on, I have learned a lot by trying to impart my experiences/knowledge. The hand analysis sections are probably my favorite threads here, especially when I am in a serious mood, have just won a few, or have lost a few in a row.

Perhaps the act of analysis in this case causes me to 'go into the tank' and truly analyze the particular situation. This adds to a level of patience necessary to succeed at poker.

Others seem to have odds calculators churning in their heads, I have a grasp on odds, but in my case I don't feel the need to be precise in their application. YET! This may be one of the week points in my game.

I do not go into the detail that a ChuckT does, or Joeeagles, or DM, or AG. They can roll specific details off their fingertips like Michael Jordan does finger rolls with a bball. But that isn't all there is to the game, and I've been working on the other aspects of late. Getting better reads (and how odd this might seem to an online newbie) online is possible. Done mainly via watching betting patterns, but also including frequency of any player getting into the pot, whether or not they are friendly, chatty players, propensity to bluff etc.

I might not even have thought about those until I had to think about other situations, spelled out via HH's, and responded to in such a wide variety of ways, with usually a great amount of thought involved.

So, for you newbies, jump into the fray. We will tear you a new asshole when you are way off base, and agree with you when you get it right. Remember it is all in the spirit of learning to improve our games.:icon_sant