KK against weak Aces, how to avoid Losing Chips?

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know how to play two kings correctly, often this hand is hit by an ace with a weak card, advise me or share your experience. Thanks!!!

Salve

Salve

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If the number 71 in your nickname means what I think ... I guess that you somehow manage with KK ... Well... or I advise you to use a calculator:geek:

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to be carefull when a ace come else play straight ahead.
KK also give you the possibility to go all in preflop, or after a none Ace flop.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
in order not to make mistakes, go to All-in and all aces with a small kicker will be thrown in large numbers on your All-in and you will collect chips sometimes you will get with fewer pairs

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello me with KK as with any other hand I play it carefully. pre flop tri bet. If an A falls I can make a small bet and see what happens. If in the river they go all the way

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play aggressively and act depending the flop. Anyway this is only a pair and it can be bitten not only from an ace, but from simpler hands like two pair with low cards.

D

daibert murillo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I in particular play my pair of KK raising to 35% of my stack before the community cards, after that I analyze if I go all in or just wait for the fish.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. raise , and reraise preflop as often as you can . unless there are several people going all in preflop ....you dont want to go all in against 5 players even with KK lol . but it depends ...if it is a low buy in tournament you should still go all in

2. if a player calls your reraise / raise there is a good chance of him/her having AK - AT . and if the flop brings an A you want to be careful . dont overbet . but at the same time also dont underbet because otherwise you will look weak . if you get reraised then there is a good chance that your KK are cracked by either the Ace or maybe even something higher . in such a spot what you can do is to either fold OR then it depends on many things ...if you have a good read on the player and if you both are deep you could make a reraise and check if he is just flexing muscles . you could also call and see if he/she continues the aggression and maybe you can hit a K . however that is kind of a weak play .....because you are just running after his pace

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to be called by Ax every time I have KK, preferably 4, it's a great scenario, your opponent has only 3 outs, try to play well, 3 bet, maybe he doesn't even play and you already win preflop, the only thing you can do is play well, outs are part of poker, sometimes you beat yours too.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I recommend raising 3bb or the pot, to avoid low cards paying the hand unnecessarily. If an ace doesn't come out, you can choose to bet (assuming you have the highest pair) or go ahead and wait for someone else to do so.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would play very cautiously post-flop with KK if a Ace comes in flop or turn. But in pre-flop your hand it's dominating so you should be happy to call shoves or even shoving on your own.
It's not the easiest hand to play, but it's usually one of those situations all-in or fold.

Good luck!

Gabe_7

Gabe_7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Plain and simple, I would recommend playing them as aggressive as possible, depending on the situation you are in, of course.

First of all - how big is your stack? If it is under 10 big blinds 🤜 ALL-IN.

Other than that: In an early position - UTG for instance - I would always raise to at least 4 big blinds, to protect the hand and chase away all those potential aces with a weak kicker, which would call if your raise was too low.
In late position like in the hijack or the cutoff you can consider going all-in, if there hasn't been a lot of action going on before, so that the small and the big blind won't get into the idea of calling you with an ace.

In case everybody else folds - okay. You did your job and saved your kings, earned a few chips from the blinds, the ante and maybe from a previous 3-bet.

If someone calls and you get to see the flop, be careful, when you don't hit a set with another king (especially when an ace is present).
You should always use your position to your advantage.
When you go first, bet big, so that player(s) with outs or backdoor possibilities to a straight, flush, etc. will fold their cards (you would certainly hate it, if the board was dead with no particularly dangerous cards at first sight, all the players check through until the turn or river and someone hits a straight or a flush by chance).
Should the other player(s) play first and place a small bet, I would definitely raise for the same reason as mentioned before.

Hope you can earn some chips with those tips. Call me rap god - that was a hell of a rhyme, wasn't it? 🤪
Anyways - good luck defending those kings! 👑🍀

rvicente13

rvicente13

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The only way to not lose KK to Ax is to see the flop and go all-in. (in my opinion, but there would still be a risk that any two pair would beat you, so preflop aggression to avoid that happening )

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
If you hold pocket Kings in a tournament there are many factors to consider: The level (early,mid,late stage), The players stacks, If there is a bounty or not...etc. First with KK pre-flop you have to open the pot with a raise and if someone else opened the pot you could 3bet. If someone opened the pot and there is one caller you squeeze. You have to play it aggressively pre-flop and don't be afraid to go all-in.
In cash games, I like to mix it up, sometimes I do 3bet, sometimes I just flat call. It depends on the villain if he's loose or tight.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
c bet on the flop a certain size if an ace or draw on the board gives you some idea of the range, but I think it's still optimal to play aggressively

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
thanks to everyone for the comments, yes, you can read about it on the Internet, but I wanted real players to write their opinion, everyone sees it in their own way and I think it will be useful for all of us, have a good game!

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
1. raise, and reraise preflop as often as you can. unless there are several people going all in preflop... you don't want to go all in against 5 players even with KK lol. but it depends... if it is a low buy in tournament you should still go all in

2. If a player calls your re-raise/raise, there is a good chance that he/she will have AK-AT. and if the flop brings A, you should be careful not to overbet. but at the same time, don't underbet, otherwise you will look weak. If you get a re-raise, it's likely that your KK will be hacked either by an ace or maybe something stronger. in a situation like this, what you can do is either fold OR then it depends on a lot of things... if you're good at reading the player and if you're both deep, you can reraise and check if you're not whether he's just playing muscles. you can also call and see if he/she continues to be aggressive, and maybe you can press K. however, this is a weak game... because you're just running at his pace
thank you for the detailed explanation in detail, I don't know if it's true or not, but they say_ explaining to someone you understand the topic more deeply, I can't compensation you for the time spent, but I think a deeper understanding will someone how bring satisfaction, thank you

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Plain and simple, I would recommend playing them as aggressive as possible, depending on the situation you are in, of course.

Other than that: In an early position - UTG for instance - I would always raise to at least 4 big blinds, to protect the hand and chase away all those potential aces with a weak kicker, which would call if your raise was too low.
In late position like in the hijack or the cutoff you can consider going all-in, if there hasn't been a lot of action going on before, so that the small and the big blind won't get into the idea of calling you with an ace.

In case everybody else folds - okay. You did your job and saved your kings, earned a few chips from the blinds, the ante and maybe from a previous 3-bet.

If someone calls and you get to see the flop, be careful, when you don't hit a set with another king (especially when an ace is present).
When you go first, bet big, so that player(s) with outs or backdoor possibilities to a straight, flush, etc. will fold their cards (you would certainly hate it, if the board was dead with no particularly dangerous cards at first sight, all the players check through until the turn or river and someone hits a straight or a flush by chance).
Should the other player(s) play first and place a small bet, I would definitely raise for the same reason as mentioned before.

Hope you can earn some chips with those tips. Call me rap god - that was a hell of a rhyme, wasn't it? 🤪
your avatar speaks of character, it is clear that you love battles, I agree with you, you need to play them aggressively, thanks for taking the time and explaining how you see the game!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to raise a big raise right before the flop and thus prevent a weak hand from entering the game. When an ace appears on the flop, watch the opponent's reaction. Sometimes this doesn't work on freerolls.

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've been a lot of times with AA ((

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to raise a big raise right before the flop and thus prevent a weak hand from entering the game. When an ace appears on the flop, watch the opponent's reaction. Sometimes this doesn't work on freerolls.
what should be the bet? If there is an ace on the flop, play or not?
I'm asking about the cash game. Does it all depend on the opponent or not?
How not to lose a lot of money? If you have time, write. Thank you all .

valduer

valduer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

Thanks for sharing, sounds like the best way to maximize EV ;)

Poker Chips - History of Chips