just thought id say. lol

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"thought I'd chronicle my play on one two, excuse me fifty cent one cent"
LOL, you meant to say fifty cent one dollar.
Hee hee, I'm watching.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i had just woken up from a 12 hour sleep fest after coming back from memphis. i wasn't all there (and you can tell by one or two of the moves i make.. KQ when i think someone is stealing my bb & the AT button shove)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah i had just woken up from a 12 hour sleep fest after coming back from memphis. i wasn't all there (and you can tell by one or two of the moves i make.. KQ when i think someone is stealing my bb & the AT button shove)

Yeah I could tell you weren't paying too much attention (when you rivered 2 pair with AJ but claimed to be afraid of your opponent having flopped 9s and 5s).
Still a fun video though good job.

ace2daface

ace2daface

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i enjoyed the above video session , joose. i spotted the same thing vanquish did and was wondering whyu did not raise. make more as i like cash game play and would like to c ur insights on a longer session.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
joose man ive got to say, that was an amazing video and I definitely learned a lot. I must say I think one of the biggest leaks in my game is I focus too much on the cards, and I do get very afraid when im betting. The hand I loved was the q-10 with the a-2-a flop. My question was why wouldnt you think he has trips with the 5 dollar bet? I dont remember pot size, and I play 25NL so its a different amount, but I would have definitely been wondering about the aces, and man, the balls to push him all in was just something I need to learn.

"that cgl guy, hes not bad, hes just a pussy, I could take him in a fight"

LMAO!

also, I would love to make a video of one of my own sessions to get some critique from CC members, what software do you use for that?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best play was the monster reraise with 85.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop using WMP and download VLC player, people.

Edit: Will watch when I get home.

I can watch them all through WMP easy, I have had the codec's installed for awhile. Its real simple either download the condec (no idea if im spelling that right) or like dorkus said get VLC.

I cant watch this now joose but will tomorrow after work.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice, joose.

One thing I don't know that you point out enough is that to successfully play the way that you do, reading the cards on the table and the possible ways it might have hit your opponent's hands in crucial.

I think you mention this, but you read so naturally, quickly, and easily that others (like me) might try to incorporate some of your playing style without good reads. The part that's easy to remember is, oh, he pushed him off the hand just by raising, but overlooking the fact that to be able to do this, you have to have a good fix on the opponent and what he likely has, then, see if it's something that you can push him off of.

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea I am currently 2 tabling and trying to play like this as well, and I lost 1 buy in early but since hace stacked someone and actually am making money on aces. I love playing this way and really only lost because I wasnt thinking of what my opponent had and just tried to push him off everything (losing my stack in the process) ala the infamous 5-8.

Since then Im using position much better and am getting much more money for the pots im in. Thanks alot joose, its helped so much

edit:IM LOVING THIS!!!! I DOUBLED BOTH MY BUY INS AND WITH GETTING NO RESPECT HAVE STACKED 2 PEOPLE WITH KINGS AND ACES!!! maybe its just a good night, but its one of the best ive had in a while

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good work. will have internet at the house on saturday so ill try to make a TAP session then.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
downloading this now I will give my opinions on it after that.

N

NoMem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker novice question here. These TAG/LAG/TPP/etc styles mentioned here, are they your own styles of play and are described in the video? Or, are they published in one the flood of new poker books, and if so, which one? Thanks.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker novice question here. These TAG/LAG/TPP/etc styles mentioned here, are they your own styles of play and are described in the video? Or, are they published in one the flood of new poker books, and if so, which one? Thanks.

there are 4 classes of players thats it just 4 any others are made up.

LAG - loose agrresive
TAG - tight aggressive
NIT- Tight passive
Lop or Lap - Loose passive

thats it! and they have been around for awhile.

LAG is a very winning style but its hard to play and it mostly loses people money that cant play it
TAG is most profitable but its a grind slow moving
NIT's are horrible and they lose money in long run because they are so passive.
LOP or LAP are the donkeys, the maniacs.

thats it only 4 anyone tells you anything different they are made up.

no idea what TAP is I think joosie made it up or it is a different abbreviation for one i posted

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok just started

1st things first when you make a video with camtasia I hope that is what you used. Open tables 1st and put them side by side then when you start the sofware put in specific area, instead of putting dimensions there is a thing where you can drag where you want video taped. USE THAT.

its no big deal but it makes a better quality video.

lol if there is a drunk maniac at your table, yes his name is tenbob, joosebucklol and mischman!

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another note your pokerace hud numbers are not showing up on screen so that means you forgot to click a option when setting up your camtasia.

I will private message you the options.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AFAIK: Tight Aggressive Preflop/Passive post-flop.

One of my favorite styles to play.

I dont go into all those sub pokertracker class's. I dont even auto rate my players on pokertracker I just qualify them in the 4 class's by there numbers myself.

its basically the same as a NIT honestly.

tight/passive.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont go into all those sub pokertracker class's. I dont even auto rate my players on pokertracker I just qualify them in the 4 class's by there numbers myself.

its basically the same as a NIT honestly.

tight/passive.

To each his own, I suppose.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To each his own, I suppose.

nothing personal but in general it is a losing style, but anyone can play any style and make it profitable but in general it is losing style.

it it works for you then by all means keep it up.

N

NoMem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks, I've just heard so many acronyms for Poker styles and strategies lately, that I just didn't correlate those acronyms to established styles that have been around awhile. A lot of acronyms to learn and I just heard of 2 more, SB & LB [small & long ball], which are supposed to in a book called "Kill Phil". I guess that's another book I probably should read!

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about your phone call,

there is a mute button! :D