JC's PLO thread

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GII. His sizing leaves us no other choice really. However, if we were deeper than 100 bbs and his raise was a normal size, I can see merits for flatting.

In this hand though, it's an easy GII. His hand is the absolute top of his range having a bigger wrap + flush redraw, however at 25PLO I think plenty of fish will stack just nut straight, so we have 4 outs to FH + will stack worse straights and some draws. Also, if he's really bad, people will show up w/like 8899 or 88A9, something stupid where we just have him ****ing annihilated.

tl;dr: GII since we only have 100bbs and his sizing commits us.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GII. His sizing leaves us no other choice really. However, if we were deeper than 100 bbs and his raise was a normal size, I can see merits for flatting.

This (might be like 150BB+), I think the way the hand plays out , you must bet IP and with your stacksize the CR from UTG there is no other option than not GII.

Your PLO grind does make me think to also start grinding PLO again.
Might start doing this in november

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im so lost on PLO. It just confuses the **** out of me. I started trying to analyse that hand and it hurt.

I'm just lost in PLO full stop. Gonna try studying as much as I can and I've joined EvertonGirls home game at pokerstars to try out PLO8 (which sounds even more confusing than just plain PLO).

Anyone got any book recommendations I could try?

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just lost in PLO full stop. Gonna try studying as much as I can and I've joined EvertonGirls home game at pokerstars to try out PLO8 (which sounds even more confusing than just plain PLO).

Anyone got any book recommendations I could try?

Studying is always good, tough I think first learning about PLO hi is easier than immediately start playing PLO8, could be even more confusing like you mentioned to learn both at same time, but GL with it!

L

love that omaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A J 10 K hand 3 diamonds one heart - this was a good play since you had almost all the blockers - which happens very rarely - go ahead and take the chance. 99 is only hand I am worried about. If he shows up with a q high flush and calls you oh well. 3 2 4 5 hand I hate but you did hit what seems like a miracle flop - hope you won the hand.

F

floweryhead

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying is always good, tough I think first learning about PLO hi is easier than immediately start playing PLO8, could be even more confusing like you mentioned to learn both at same time, but GL with it!
I agree learning two at once could be hard but I'm already a winning player at FL Omaha 8 so I figured the learning curve may be less from FLO8 to PLO8. The problem for me is mainly PLO. I played another of the Halley's at Pokerstars and after an hour and a half found myself again out of my depth.