I'm a winning player above 50nl but a losing player below!?

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they are. You just use them the wrong way.

:D wow, nice confidence since you have zero clue about specific things I was referring to.

Back to topic - You can bluff in micros too, just need to know typical profitable spots or your opponent. For example raising donk bets at 2NL 100% is profitable because donkers are full of crap, many donk around 70%. You are gonna fold every time you don't have 2P+??? Only if you want to get annihilated by morons while IP and with initiative...

pfb8888

pfb8888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm ...so play 50 or higher ?!??? or is your goal to beat 2nl?

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:D wow, nice confidence since you have zero clue about specific things I was referring to.

Back to topic - You can bluff in micros too, just need to know typical profitable spots or your opponent. For example raising donk bets at 2NL 100% is profitable because donkers are full of crap, many donk around 70%. You are gonna fold every time you don't have 2P+??? Only if you want to get annihilated by morons while IP and with initiative...

bluffing micros is pretty dangerous. You CAN just wait for hands, and when you have them go to value town

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
by bluffing are we talking about C-bets as well?

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one even considering the possibility that he plays better at 50NL because he is playing for $$$ and not pennies?

There probably right though sample size and run good...

I just don't like to go with the flow

This made me laugh....rofl

think he was referring to the fact that when you are playing different levels/stakes, the money should mean something otherwise you dont play your best.

Losing $50 might mean something so concentrates alot more whereas losing $10 wont affect him so may not concentrate as much:eek:

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think he was referring to the fact that when you are playing different levels/stakes, the money should mean something otherwise you dont play your best.

Losing $50 might mean something so concentrates alot more whereas losing $10 wont affect him so may not concentrate as much:eek:
Good players are not result oriented. I do not think a good player will not consider his equity against a range when he shoves .He will not say "It is just 10$ let's gamble". And at lower lvls ranges are much more easy to pinpoint.
LD1977 i do not need to know the specifics. A +EV spot is a +EV spot no matter what stake it is. You think that some moves do not work at different stakes. You do not find the same stats at different stakes. But when you do you treat the situation the same way no matter that is 2NL or 100NL. I would punish a 80/5 limper at 1000NL as i would at 2NL. But it is not that easy to find any at 1000NL.

J

JamaicanKid

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good players are not result oriented. I do not think a good player will not consider his equity against a range when he shoves .He will not say "It is just 10$ let's gamble". And at lower lvls ranges are much more easy to pinpoint.
LD1977 i do not need to know the specifics. A +EV spot is a +EV spot no matter what stake it is. You think that some moves do not work at different stakes. You do not find the same stats at different stakes. But when you do you treat the situation the same way no matter that is 2NL or 100NL. I would punish a 80/5 limper at 1000NL as i would at 2NL. But it is not that easy to find any at 1000NL.

+1

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually I was referring to reg lines and sentences like "nobody checks a set here these days" while I know many winning regs who do sometimes check sets in that specific scenario. There are other examples but hopefully you get the point.

They might as well say "this book is meant only for 200NL+ players" but I imagine sales would dip.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are reading pokers for specific population tendencies it's either a rubbish book or you aren't getting the most out of it

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It came up in several well-respected books when talking about ranges and narrowing them down. It just bothers me when I see words like "never", "nobody does this these days" etc. when it is obviously not true.

I have no problems with understanding general logic but without actual individual player analysis this kind of thinking is pretty bad or at least highly questionable. Yeah you can discount some hands but completely eliminating them is tricky business.

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups and all that.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea there are also some things that are fundamentally incorrect aswell remember, otherwise agree with all that

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely possible to do better at 50nl than lower stakes. Over very large samples I win more, and more consistently at 25nl through 50nl than 2nl through 10nl. In fact I find the game to be the easiest at 50nl. I have won at 100nl, but only over a few thousand hands) The primary reason is fear enters the game. I do not need to play 7 card showdown every time someone calls a large raise because their lucky hand is going to hit hard (I'm so far below ev in all in pots it's comical) It helps when they stand to lose more than the cost of a soda. Finally, the reduction - not elimination of brain dead luck boxes eliminates the schooling effect, reduces variance and allows me to play POKER.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely possible to do better at 50nl than lower stakes. Over very large samples I win more, and more consistently at 25nl through 50nl than 2nl through 10nl. In fact I find the game to be the easiest at 50nl. I have won at 100nl, but only over a few thousand hands) The primary reason is fear enters the game. I do not need to play 7 card showdown every time someone calls a large raise because their lucky hand is going to hit hard (I'm so far below ev in all in pots it's comical) It helps when they stand to lose more than the cost of a soda. Finally, the reduction - not elimination of brain dead luck boxes eliminates the schooling effect, reduces variance and allows me to play POKER.

You make no sense. How do you play fish at 50NL or 25NL? Isn't there where the most money are? Fish are fish at all the lvls and the fact that you find more at 2NL and 5NL means a higher winrate. Do not tell me that it is easy to fight regs because that is BS.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm guessing this guy deposited 3 weeks ago then went on a heater and convinced himself he can play midstakes online.

This is why poker will always be profitable folks

In all seriousness, IS your sample size at least 100,000 hands? I could deposit 100$, hit and run a 100NL game, and then double my bankroll

in your mind that means im "+100 at the highstakes" but does it really matter if I did it in 15 hands?

profit/loss margins are completely irrelevant without VOLUME.