If you only had 10 dollars...

P

PAM

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put money on sites that allow a first time depositor's freeroll. Take advantage of promotions! Several of the major sites offer freerolls almost daily. These are great for getting some practice in with the possibility of earning real money - albeit small amounts. Best of luck!

C

credsfan03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try playing multi table tournaments with 1 dollar buy ins. I would not play the rebuys because you end up putting more money into it then the original buy in.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am probably feeling miserable as well than. (off topic)

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would suggest to play micro .02/.04 and some low lvl sng, even if u go broke, u didnt loose much and you can always start with some freerolls to build up, with proper bankroll management.
ALso check some really good articles on strategy articles on cc
gl

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lot of great ideas. I do say if you can wait grow it bigger. If you cant, its very tough but cash games 2/4 cent or 5/10 limit. You should do ok. Be remember there is so much bluffing and people pushing with nothing. Pay close attention maybe before you sit down. Dollar Dazzler is good but to make ITM good luck with that. Your ten will go fast.

:bootyshak .. Why is there idiot advice? People just giving there 2 cents, right or wrong. Unreal.

Last edited:
kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing the freerolls and .02-.04 rings at Juicy. Lots of learning to be done but have not made a deposit yet and have @ $20 to work with. BRM says to look for games I can afford, which keeps me where I am playing. Sure I could look for a doubleup playing BJ or play in games outside what BRM suggests, but that won't improve my playing.

V

vandar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
deposit $100 or more and start using some bankroll management tactics. true

if you just put 10 you gona lose, then put more 10 you will lose too

triplesyxx

triplesyxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id start with a deposit of at least 100.00, and play in as many micro tournaments as possible, good practice with lost of gameplay involved.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
**** br management with 10 bucks. take it, and multi 3 tables at .05/.1 zoom with $3.33 each. run good and poof, more money. rinse and repeat.

Seraphim

Seraphim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have built both my rolls up from 20$ to 130ish are you depositing/getting the bonus?

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NL2 and run good or deposit more.

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Juicy has some cheap buyins. $.05 MTT still out there every nite at 9 ET. I just cashed in a $1 BI:
Congratulations on your Juicy win kissapig,
Out of 260 players in Tournament 12654971 ($100 GTD Deepstack Turbo), you came in 6th and have won $11.70.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

(has been quoted twice and I needn't quote it again since it's obviously on the nail).

I'm one of the guys who built up several BRs on different sites aswell.

It is definately doable, even nowadays although it was easier before black friday.

I'm currently doing a self challenge in order to get used to grinding

MTTs again (<300MTTs in 2 months challenge) and can say that for me the ulta-micro games still seem beatable.

With that said you have to keep in mind that 10$ really isn't alot and you

could easily go broke even if you don't totally suck.

When playing at MERGE (Carbon) I'd go for the fun-steps sngs

(tickets available at promotions/fun steps) and enter every available freeroll

(format and type of game don't matter) whenever I could.

Also get yourself a trial version of a HUD like holdem-manager or pocker tracker

and enable your hand history settings and save them to your harddrive for further review.

Keep posting here and after some time (I suggest 100 posts) search for and apply for the CC freeroll club.

Those freerolls have a somewhat improved opposition compared to the public freerolls

but the number of participants is much lower and the payout is much bigger.

Don't play real money STTs with less than 25 Bi and MTTs with less than 50 bi.

Good luck and welcome to CC.

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt's Matrix sit n go is also pretty decentish

F

franky

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt cash tables - Shallow Stack, are also a good option.
At $0.01/$0.02 min buy-in is $0.40 and max is $0.80.
With 10 dollars you get 12 full $0.80 buy-ins.

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd definitely say the really cheap SNG's are the way to go... i know it's only 9 buy ins but i'd spend everything on the 1$ sng's, or even the .50c that way way you get the most for your money and if you cash well you earned extra buy ins. Cash games are a risk cause you have to sit the 4$, you only get 2 chances @5$ a piece (why save the 2$?) I'm all about bank management but at 10$ your a coinflip for success, so choose whatever you play better, be it SNGs MTTs or cash

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start playing with $10

I started playing freerolls first on Bovada. I won 4.50 and went to the double ups. It took me several months, but, now have a $370 bankroll. Bovada has since quit offering the double ups, they have a quad up now in NL or Omaha for $5 buy in.
Try this out before depositing any $.
:D

frozensprx

frozensprx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was me with $10, I'd put it all on the line on a .5/.10 table and try to get lucky and double up and then i would steadily build the $20 by playing the lowest possible .1/.2 tables.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
well, uve got some good advice here, choose and read them wiselly and wish you the best luck out there

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would buy in for the minimum at the .01/.02 or whatever the lowest game is..

Breezy222

Breezy222

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advice because I started from a freeroll and now over $50 on carbon. Grind those 4nl tables since it is all they offer at the smallest buy in. Set a 1 buy in loss if you do lose. And try not to get greedy and call it a day once you double your buy in or triple it. Slowly you can climb that ladder. :cool: