Chips
He can save it and build more from FRs or if he wants to play
Go for a real BR and invest good play time instead of crappy
Play. With 10 bucks, we assume he is sitting with max by in, his BR
Can dwindle 2$ down easily without even seeing a flop
And this can be bad psychologically.
And impede his optimum game play. Bc he may not
Take the necessary risks that come with playing cash, chasing
Draws, check raising, this can cripple his tiny roll in a heart beat.
There are too many variables. He can play it out and go for luck
But it won't be the best play he can invest.

IMO :):cool:

He of course, has to go in understanding that he is underrolled and losing the roll is a real possibility...

Give the 10$ to me and I dare say I'm less than 50% likely to lose the roll before doubling...

And freeroll play is lolbad in skill and you learn pretty much nothing, even worse than 2nl.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He of course, has to go in understanding that he is underrolled and losing the roll is a real possibility...

Give the 10% to me and I dare say I'm less than 50% likely to lose the roll before doubling...

And freeroll play is lolbad in skill and you learn pretty much nothing, even worse than 2nl.

Well I gave options. Didn't say he had to do only 1 thing. He
Def has choices. Double and shoot for a roll, wait, or
Get lucky. All depends if he wants to gamble or play
It safe.

The choice is yours!

I am Captain Planet!!:p

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I gave options. Didn't say he had to do only 1 thing. He
Def has choices. Double and shoot for a roll, wait, or
Get lucky. All depends if he wants to gamble or play
It safe.

The choice is yours!

I am Captain Planet!!:p

Omg I loved captain planet when I was....6?
He looked like a toothpaste commercial character though now on hindsight.

S

spstevens

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lowest stakes you can find at whatever you feel best at. That being said you will likely bust due to variance and low bankroll. I have built my roll from 0 twice and at that level it really is a crap shoot as one cooler busts you.I do wish you well though as it is fun when your heater turns to a decent bankroll.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How would start play if you only had 10 dollars...don't tease or make fun please. I am just trying to figure out what to play (on carbon poker btw)
First I would like to say that there is alot of negative & bad advice in this thread.
I'm guessing that some of responses you're seeing here are from members who have either never themselves built up a bankroll from scratch (zero, or very small) or are just out & out & losing players.

Guess what guys... merge doesn't have 2nl tables. So I'm thinking it's probably not the best advice.

pyramdibuba, I'm sure there are members here on Cardschat who have done exactly what you're hoping to do (play some micro games with smallest of starting bankroll in hopes of not losing it & maybe even gradually having it increase to where you won't have to make a deposit... 'ever'). Maybe some of them will come & post here on your thread & maybe even enough of them that it'll outweigh all the negative comments.

Yes there's a good chance you'll go busto seeing as you're only starting out with $10 on the site but this isn't to say its a given that this will happen (so for folks to suggest dropping the full $10 in one bingo-format game is absurd). Personally I started up many accounts from 'zero' or from very little (& I KNOW that many others have too). I don't think I ever went broke on any small rolled account unless I'd actually made a concious choice to throw bankroll management out the window which only occurred on sites I didn't care if I even played on them any longer (ie. some of the microgaming sites, where I never deposited on any of them, but actually withdrew a bit & then eventually donked off the balances by playing in tournaments where I'd only have enough left for one buyin).

Many other sites I've actually run up small initial freeroll scores into $500 & $1,000+, starting out playing 10cent sng's & eventually playing $25 buyin MTT's & 20nl cash tables. It's necessarily the norm by any means but it definitely can be done.

I'm not that familiar with the Merge network pokersites but do know the lowest buyin level cashgames are 4nl (not 2nl) which is a bit steep for a $10 starting bankroll. Because I'm not familiar with merge, I just went & logged in to see just exactly what are the lowest stakes for SNG's. Looks like they have a game called 'Fast Fifty' which is $0.50 + $0.10. These might be something to consider although they do have a 20% tourney fee which does seem very high (fwiw, the 10cent sng's I started out on only had a 10% fee).
Scrolling further down the lobby I see they have SNG's called 'Dollar Dazzler Turbo', $1.00 + $0.10 This would be your best bet imo, simply because the tourney fee is only 10%.

Read some SNG strategy articles. If you haven't read any before & need or want some links to some, send me a pm as I'd be happy to help you out.

Good luck to you! I hope you're able to make a go of it (or at least have your bankroll last long enough so that you're able to play for awhile & gain some more experience).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
He can save it and build more from FRs or if he wants to play
Go for a real BR and invest good play time instead of crappy
Play. With 10 bucks, we assume he is sitting with max by in, his BR
Can dwindle 2$ down easily without even seeing a flop
And this can be bad psychologically.
And impede his optimum game play. Bc he may not
Take the necessary risks that come with playing cash, chasing
Draws, check raising, this can cripple his tiny roll in a heart beat.
There are too many variables. He can play it out and go for luck
But it won't be the best play he can invest.

IMO :):cool:
So it'd be better for him to play a bunch more freerolls to gain experience?
or was it to bingo it up on blackjack?
This would be far better than him playing min. of 9x $1 sng's? (or maybe many more before going busto... or maybe not even busting?).

OP, if there are freerolls that are even worth playing at all on that site (I have no clue) as far as actually winning something in them, you might want to play your SNG at the same time as them (or vice-versa).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
sigh... move thread to learning poker section imo.
OP, this has been posted in cash games, where you have no options with a $10 roll except to play the lowest buyin & hope for some rungood.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow I swear I typed 4nl not 2nl haha wow I need sleep

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can buy in for 2$ haha he does have options but I say grow it bigger. Then run with it. Ok I'm out b4 I give lame advice.

G

Goathair

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They used to have .11 cent super turbos or something i think. maybe check that out.

darkassassin89

darkassassin89

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those are such high variance in themselves
Not saying OP doesn't know how to play, but
That's a grind for rake back players

Extreme Fishing

Extreme Fishing

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure of the Merge selection but can you not play some $1 MTTs and hope for a decent cash which will allow you to change to cash?

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First I would like to say that there is alot of negative & bad advice in this thread.
I'm guessing that some of responses you're seeing here are from members who have either never themselves built up a bankroll from scratch (zero, or very small) or are just out & out & losing players.

Guess what guys... merge doesn't have 2nl tables. So I'm thinking it's probably not the best advice.

pyramdibuba, I'm sure there are members here on Cardschat who have done exactly what you're hoping to do (play some micro games with smallest of starting bankroll in hopes of not losing it & maybe even gradually having it increase to where you won't have to make a deposit... 'ever'). Maybe some of them will come & post here on your thread & maybe even enough of them that it'll outweigh all the negative comments.

Yes there's a good chance you'll go busto seeing as you're only starting out with $10 on the site but this isn't to say its a given that this will happen (so for folks to suggest dropping the full $10 in one bingo-format game is absurd). Personally I started up many accounts from 'zero' or from very little (& I KNOW that many others have too). I don't think I ever went broke on any small rolled account unless I'd actually made a concious choice to throw bankroll management out the window which only occurred on sites I didn't care if I even played on them any longer (ie. some of the microgaming sites, where I never deposited on any of them, but actually withdrew a bit & then eventually donked off the balances by playing in tournaments where I'd only have enough left for one buyin).

Many other sites I've actually run up small initial freeroll scores into $500 & $1,000+, starting out playing 10cent sng's & eventually playing $25 buyin MTT's & 20nl cash tables. It's necessarily the norm by any means but it definitely can be done.

I'm not that familiar with the Merge network pokersites but do know the lowest buyin level cashgames are 4nl (not 2nl) which is a bit steep for a $10 starting bankroll. Because I'm not familiar with merge, I just went & logged in to see just exactly what are the lowest stakes for SNG's. Looks like they have a game called 'Fast Fifty' which is $0.50 + $0.10. These might be something to consider although they do have a 20% tourney fee which does seem very high (fwiw, the 10cent sng's I started out on only had a 10% fee).
Scrolling further down the lobby I see they have SNG's called 'Dollar Dazzler Turbo', $1.00 + $0.10 This would be your best bet imo, simply because the tourney fee is only 10%.

Read some SNG strategy articles. If you haven't read any before & need or want some links to some, send me a pm as I'd be happy to help you out.

Good luck to you! I hope you're able to make a go of it (or at least have your bankroll last long enough so that you're able to play for awhile & gain some more experience).

Overlooked the merge part x_x, sorry OP

Hmmm advising to play SnGs in a cash thread is unconventional but yeah that ought to work. :p

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should find a site with a depositors freeroll as well so you can play that one as well for free money.

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably Hero Poker as they have 3 different(NL, PLO and Mixed) $30 guaranteeds that costs 33c a piece. All starting at same time.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 table sit n go until get up to around $40, freerolls and maybe 1 or 2 1$ multi-table tournaments.

I did this until I had a few buy ins for $2nl and ran it up from there.

P

pyramidbuba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys I've been playing the 1.08 double ups (50% get paid) sng's . I'll let you guys know how it goes!

O

offrdmom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They used to have .11 cent super turbos or something i think. maybe check that out.

On Merge skins there is a 6cent 1rb tourney and the pocket change cubed at 11cent.....Don't the sites still give depositor the 14 days of free rolls???
Best of luck on whatever you play :)

O

offrdmom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Merge the Santiago table is .02/.04 NLH 6 seater
and the Havana Fast II is also .02/.04 unless your an above average player the fast table would be a blind eater and best to leave them alone..lol

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's with all you fools playing red.

I agree it's in the wrong section. I suggested playing the lowest thing you can but really you should just deposit.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On Merge the Santiago table is .02/.04 NLH 6 seater
and the Havana Fast II is also .02/.04 unless your an above average player the fast table would be a blind eater and best to leave them alone..lol
:confused: I guess if you just fold all the time.

coyotegal

coyotegal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with Poker Orifice about the Dollar Dazzlers. Good luck, OP!

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lot of great ideas. I do say if you can wait grow it bigger. If you cant, its very tough but cash games 2/4 cent or 5/10 limit. You should do ok. Be remember there is so much bluffing and people pushing with nothing. Pay close attention maybe before you sit down. Dollar Dazzler is good but to make ITM good luck with that. Your ten win go fast.

Last edited:
KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

lots of idiot posts in this thread, this certainly isnt one, great advice PO.
my own experience was starting with $50 deposit, and playing 50c and $1 sngs, till I was rolled for $1 mtts(roughly $100 for me) and added a few of them alongside the sngs. Ive run that $50 up to £4k, and counting, as well as a laptop I won in a freeroll.
Use this site for lots of good advice, and check out the sng advice bits (if there are some, lol) and ask questions here, we'll help.

Good luck with your bankroll bud.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play blackjack. Unless you hit big on perfect pairs, you're not going to make a decent profit.

If you're really stubborn about not depositing, there's not much you can do.

You'd have more chance of doubling your money by sitting at a table and shoving every hand.

well this is wrong you would have a much better chance of doubling in one hand of BJ (47%) than shoving every hand (< 25% just guessing)