I think I am a fish

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, I don't think you're a fish or that your wins were dumb luck given your increase.

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is better to think about ourselves as we are just fishes than if we are pros. Of course you are a fish)) Just keep learning. Learning is a difficult process. But if you want to succed you have to learn. More and more. We weren't born as professionals. We can only become them.

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the eyes of Phil Ivey everyone's a fish... it all depends on the perspective.

Nonertheless, you must have been doing something right, else you would have gone broke immediately.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your probably fed up with that micro cash game mix it up buy in to sit and go or tournaments maybe if it starts to feel like a chore you will never be able to play your A game good luck

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to play more the more you play the better you will play,out of position just try to play strong hands and keep studying that you will improve every day, good luck.

JOKE on YOU

JOKE on YOU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all start as fish ,as we go on we learn,I'm just now getting better, be patient, and observe every player

K

Keotek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentrate on starting hands and...

...if u have nothing after flop fold and wait for another. You have to get used to playing less than one hand every time the dealer button rounds the table. Play less hands in early position and more in late, be picky see if it helps.

molodoi3000

molodoi3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
downstreak in 40 bay in doesn't happen. Yes, you fish)

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing .02/.04 Texas holdem for about three months and I am really struggling. The first month I was able to turn my $20 deposit into $96 which I now credit to dumb luck. Currently I am down to $10. I love the game and constantly think about it as well as read articles and watch strategy videos when I am not playing. Do you think I just haven't played enough hands or is it possible that I just don't have what it takes to be successful in the game I love so much?
after luck, in most cases, no luck comes. after a good game you need to rest. rest to calm down. I do not think you're a fish. Just happens in poker .. good luck to you.

J

Jeremy Laninger

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn’t be to upset with yourself. You haven’t been playing that long. Poker takes time and patience. I would play some sit n gos for cheap buy ins. Once you established what you are doing wrong or need to improve on then eventually I would start playing cash again. It seems like you are doing something right fornpmaying for such a short period of time.

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just have to play more hands and learn how to play against certain players. Learn how to adapt to is key to being a good poker player. So, keep watching those videos and make sure you learn from the hands that gave you trouble. review what happened and go from there. Good luck

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone gets bad luck and I now have this for over 2 months. maybe a little pause in the game will help you, it may take a few days or weeks. try this very useful. good luck on your poker journey

D

daniel1990xd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at least you have not broken your bank and you have made it grow ... I broke my bank and I live in a country very difficult like venezuela and now it's time to do freeroll banking ... you have played well you have doubled your bank every month

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
remember keep studying and gaining experience but do not forget that it is a game for more than you want to play every day you have to rest body and mind if you want to be a great player and winner

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep practicing poker can sometimes be hard but be patient, it will come what you want.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing .02/.04 Texas holdem for about three months and I am really struggling. The first month I was able to turn my $20 deposit into $96 which I now credit to dumb luck. Currently I am down to $10. I love the game and constantly think about it as well as read articles and watch strategy videos when I am not playing. Do you think I just haven't played enough hands or is it possible that I just don't have what it takes to be successful in the game I love so much?
I think to start winning stably, you need to understand your level of play. You need to try to analyze your game as often as possible, then you will be able to determine exactly where you make mistakes, where you are not getting enough, and where you just are not lucky. You need to constantly improve your game, read theory, watch the games of famous poker players in the world. Find the strength for this and gaining experience you can play a plus! Good luck to you!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its hard to tell where you are at without a significant sample size and if you had some stats it would also make it easier to evaluate.

Mikeisanace777

Mikeisanace777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop playing micros please!

Maybe you need to learn the game better but from my brief online experience, you can't beat stupid which is micros! Move up in stakes say 1/2 nl deposit more around 500 dollars play tight buy-in for 100 each time and play top 10 hands in position gamble a little on nut flush draws and have fun when your hot, Who knows you might turn that 500 hundred in to 1000 if your lucky or if you play good go from 500 to 275 then back to 525 so then lower the stakes to 50 c and a dollar and keep grinding it's a battle.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If yo think, that your a fish... Then you, will play as one. Try thinking positive an try to win....
Good luck at the tables....

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brother..)))
Do not play poker)))))
so the benefits will be faster ..)))))

:boxing:

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost all of us are fishes so thats ok,keep learning and im sure you can win again soon

AlexPedsPaps

AlexPedsPaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t put yourself down bro. We are all learners and you’re 100% on the right track to becoming a better player, just in thinking about poker, reading about poker, watching it and playing it so good on you. It all comes together in time and a downswing is a downswing, you just have to push through it. Over time if you keep learning and stick to a good plan you will be a good player in the long run.

Like me and many others say, it’s a game that you clearly love and that you want to achieve in and so don’t give up and don’t put yourself down, it’s only been 3 months.

Best of luck :)

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like said we all are fish. The difference is that some fish practice swimming some don’t, those who practice do learn to swim faster. Sharks are fish too, whales are not though. Also the scary shark in the pool is just a tiny fish on the ocean.