I folded QQ Pre flop

K

kukiwarrior

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
so bad man your position is not that important u rcrushed by ont 2hands and flipping against ak it is a snap call, and the guy has just lost the last hand getting bluffed of KK and showing it. it s just me but i dont get respect for any showers thats just free infos. this guy is a fish and u had the opportunity to punnish him. what is the point to show that u r folding KK, u r saying to the table that they can push u out off a big hand.
Agreed....good advice...:)

R3DRANG3R

R3DRANG3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like he was on tilt. it was less than 50% of your buy in to call and you had QQ. i wouldve shoved or reraised.

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a all in for me.
U risk only 1/3 of ur stack and has at least a 50% chance to win. Only AA or KK will beat u at this point. So next time shove and pray :D:D:D

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Missed opportunity.

You had 3 1/2 times his stack, but you shove anyway lest some other clown with suited connectors starts thinking it's worth calling.

GrandMaestro7

GrandMaestro7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could compensate form the poor position by shoving, the people with drawing hands would more than likely fold, and then it would be one on one.

You cant be too fearful of the AA or KK, even if he flips it you are not drawing dead - just a big dog!

I've seen some sick things in poker, been on both sides of them. But each hand is an independent event and should be treated as such. :)

RodneyC86

RodneyC86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could compensate form the poor position by shoving, the people with drawing hands would more than likely fold, and then it would be one on one.

You cant be too fearful of the AA or KK, even if he flips it you are not drawing dead - just a big dog!

I've seen some sick things in poker, been on both sides of them. But each hand is an independent event and should be treated as such. :)

When the SPR is pretty much 1 on the flop, position matters not. IMO, since this is live, call and shove any board without an A

Some clown bound to call with 99+ and you get to stack them if they overpair the board too. If you raise, you probably fold out these.

Last edited:
guppystew

guppystew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from a hindsight view, how did the session go? if profitable and you took him down later, you made the right move. (you could have heard him say "that's how you suck out w JJ)
Seems from responses snap call is majority, ( I would have thought tilt shove and I would have called) but the session is more important than the one hand. Controlled discipline with patience is one of the hardest skills to learn.(while your brain says fold and your finger brain hits all in). OH GREAT another brain to compete with!:D

A

atownshend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from a hindsight view, how did the session go? if profitable and you took him down later, you made the right move. (you could have heard him say "that's how you suck out w JJ)
Seems from responses snap call is majority, ( I would have thought tilt shove and I would have called) but the session is more important than the one hand. Controlled discipline with patience is one of the hardest skills to learn.(while your brain says fold and your finger brain hits all in). OH GREAT another brain to compete with!:D
You bring up a good point. Discression is the better part of valar.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a 1/2 table. GET IT IN! Hell, you wanna HOPE someone else flats as well because, well, they will have garbage, as all 1/2 players do!

aero87

aero87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So he open shoves with $3 in the pot? Fold and tell him what an awesomely huge pot he won.

Never believe what they tell you they had.

NvrBlufn

NvrBlufn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
would he open shove aa or kk utg? think u have to shove

I think a player on tilt would shove AA or KK utg... Want to get your money back quickly and knowing people will call light hoping to further tilt your berate ass. If I catch a premium hand right after my kings are cracked I could see myself shoving and *fingers crossed* for a caller or two...

D

Dom1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call here,especially when you said he folded Ks before hand,maybe he was tilting,iwouldn't have put him on AA or KK as he would have raised to get action,you have QQ so there's only one combo of QQ left unlikely he has QQ.
So I would have put him on 88-JJ,AK and random junk,which your ahead of.
I would have called.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just because its cash doesn't mean you shouldn't play much different then if it was a tournament or a free roll ,I would have pushed

J

JaguarJT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're going to fold QQ for 80$ why are you even playing poker? No offense but live a little! lol

Aleksei

Aleksei

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call in this spot. I don't think this guy ever has you beat because if he has aces or kings I think he would make a raise utg to keep people in the hand and get more value. I would not re shove in this spot because if somebody has aa or kk behind you its an easy call for them but if you call and then they shove you know they have you beat and can make a fold.
1 out of 5 players randomly draws KK/AA 5% of the time. Add AK and it becomes 11%.

So, odds are VERY damn good no one has either of those. And I think some live 1/2 players would usually call like AQ/AJ at least (often even something like ragged paint cards) to a jam.

Last edited:
Folding in Poker