TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I only play ace rag in CO or later with unopened pot, otherwise I pitch em and move on.

P

PokerLab

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace x offsuit hands explained

from Early position(not including the Blinds you should fold any thing less than Ace j off, i only play ace10 suited from early pos if i know i have fold equity but other than that don't bother.

From Middle position you should pretty much all offsuit ace 9 & up if you know the players left to act are weak also gives you a decent kicker which you can cold call if you get raised (i would play almost any suited ace x from this position though)

From late position you have an ace Blocker so gives you more merit to raise here (any ace would be good in this spot especially suited ones). It all depends pretty much on your table draw & the dynamic of the game pretty much, the stakes & your BR

Lastly from The Blinds especially big blind anything ace 10 off you should be defending, any suited ace defends just as long as you have a strong post-flop game & if depending the image of the villain that's raising. From the SB re raise if raised or if up against the BB raise & take it, NEVER JUST FLAT CALL(unless you want to gamble or have a specific read) but pretty much ace j off is playable and any suited ace x hand, just know you're going to have to bluff more OOP or fold to c-bets more often
Personally this play is suited for my play it varies on how much exp you have & table selection is GTO ALWAYS but other than that hit the felt & let the cards fly into the AIR!!
if you need more incite i have my own website which has links to my online account where you can deposit using my referral code i also have a twitch & so on GL

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not sure how to play a weak Ace, then you need to throw it away. If you are an inexperienced, novice player, the weak aces will only bring you small pots, and take away large ones. This type of hands is not designed to win big banks.

Che

Che

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like most are better at poker here then i. I will say i have played with professionals. Advise. U play cards that have the out. If cant raise them in or out of position they r not worth playing. Except heads up where u play many more hands. A o anything under 10 kicker are horrible cards. For exact reason. U hit an A u worry about ur kicker. If playing them ud rather hit ur kicker then ur A. Suited are way more profitable and make sense to call. U have more outs if u hit flush draw. Now u might hit the A plus a really good draw. Moster draw even. Then u can play aggressive and raise in spots. Maybe push an opponnet off a smaller A. As ull have more equity. Still having show down if dont hit ur flush or striaght draws. Just my opinion.

Suited Aces, Yes. From A2s up to AKs. Almost always.
Unsuited Aces, NO. From AJo down to A2o. Almost never unless in the blinds or on the button with AJo/ATo and want to steal $3 blinds money. But really, why would you want to steal $3 when you can take down opponent's big stack of $300 by having him put the money in the middle with the second best. - How do you like that?

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful gags on ACE rag lol

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
I'm specialized on 6max Cash Games and I find it quite difficult to play unsuited Aces with a weak kicker.
In early position I almost always fold these hands but would you recommand me to play these hands in late position ?
Then when I hit the Ace on the flop and get alot of action I never know what to do when I face bets on all streets.
Should I maybe always fold these kind of hands preflop to avoid these situations ?

It's a good idea to play in late position if everyone before you has folded. If you decide to play, you need to remember even if you hit the ace, you still might not have the winning hand. I have seen many people play aces with 4 or 3 and they still win. If I have a low chip stack I call all in and take a chance. I generally fold the ace with 3 or 4 post flop if i haven't gotten at least a 2 pair.

G

gspot89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wth is unsuited aces? clown over here doesnt know what hes talking about...aces cant be suited smart guy..theres only one ace of each suit.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you don't get an ace dealt very often some players think that they have found the Holy Grail. Playing ace with a small kicker is dependent upon your position and the number of players still in the hand. I would need to be one of the blinds and all folded up to me before I would venture cash with such a beatable hand. Don't play ace with a weak kicker if you want to increase your bankroll.

T

TheLegend27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will almost always fold Ax out of position unless I plan to make a play with it. If it's a particularly tight table, A 2-5 suited I will raise and if I get 3 bet, I know exactly where I'm at post flop.

In position suited aces I will almost always do a 3bb raise. It's important however to balance your range when doing this and it's ok to limp in sometimes. The important thing is that you have to be aware of the situation you are in and have a postflop strategy and a plan if you get raised when out or even in position.

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are one of the players that decides to play a hand like this every time you get dealt it in 8-10 handed poker you will likely end up losing a lot of money because you will flop top pair and someone will have you dominated.

I fold hands like these often, especially when I am in early position or there has been a lot of action and it feels like my hand is weak in late position.

Occasionally I will play these hands if the kicker if weaker than a 6 in late position with few opponents for the only ace + straight potential.

E

EvE2K

The situation is looking simple for me. If this is just a cash game(not the tournament) in earlier position A with a weak kicker is an easy fold(for me). That pointless to raise or just to call with this hand. Even if you hit an A on the board, your hand can be dominated by higher kicker. If you have A2 for example, and the board is A2T, you can think that you have good chances, but if your opponent have AJ for example, he still have a good chance, if he hit something, for example another T on the turn, it looks like you here can loose this hand. My advice, if this is just a cash game - it,s a fold in the earlier position. If this is a late position, you can raise(if you wish) in hope to still the blinds. If you got the call you need to see the flop and after that make a right decision.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
wth is unsuited aces? clown over here doesnt know what hes talking about...aces cant be suited smart guy..theres only one ace of each suit.

That's what I thought when I read this thread title, also. I figure OP's thread is how to play their unsuited Ace-rag. Just my opinion.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,
I'm specialized on 6max Cash Games and I find it quite difficult to play unsuited Aces with a weak kicker.
In early position I almost always fold these hands but would you recommand me to play these hands in late position ?
Then when I hit the Ace on the flop and get alot of action I never know what to do when I face bets on all streets.
Should I maybe always fold these kind of hands preflop to avoid these situations ?

Keep folding them mate... I never had any luck with A9 or less

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello if I recommend you play these hands in late positions as they give a little confidence to see the flop in case one or two opponents match, and if you hit the ace on the flop play aggressive so your opponents do not see you as one Weak partner but as a monster hand that can remove their chips, so if one of the rivals has a project would not risk trying to complete it but fold before completing it. I hope you serve luck on the tables.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 6 max I think is sometimes possible with early position. Depends on which players are playing with you.
It is a card, and on the table can be anything.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would usually need at least A9o from the cutoff to open. Any ace from the button. That way you can at least control the size of the pot with position.

M

Mixbear

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Туз со слабым кикером

Я всегда сбрасывают такую карту. А ещё в зависимости от игры и прифлопа я могу сбросить TQ TJ

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A is a strong card and i play it late position agressive,early passive i call 1 2 blinds max.I 6 Ace is stil a strong card in 9 10 man can happen to loose AA with low kicker but even here is low chance.Collect information from the table players that can help you make some decisions in how to deal with it.

And remember a good player have the power to Fold AA.

Narciso

Narciso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In final positions, if no one came in, you play aggressively, for someone to go, only if the same has a prize hand!

B

Budi Doremi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate when its happened to me. i usually not play with ace low kicker

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First of all, for this category of hands, not very large number of flops will do.

First of all, for this category of hands, not very large number of flops will do. Of course, it's good to flop two pairs, especially when you have a weak ace, but alas, the probability of this event is very small - 49 to 1. In addition, you still need your opponent also to catch on to this flop, and paid you your hand.
In the end, an ace with a bad kicker can still look good preflop, but not so often it will fall into the flop.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look at the maps and player behavior