How to play unsuited Aces with weak kicker

sSAINTSs

sSAINTSs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
I'm specialized on 6max Cash Games and I find it quite difficult to play unsuited Aces with a weak kicker.
In early position, I almost always fold these hands but would you recommend me to play these hands in late position?
Then when I hit the Ace on the flop and get a lot of action I never know what to do when I face bets on all streets.
Should I maybe always fold this kind of hands preflop to avoid these situations?

That is what my Brother taught me, Fold that A rags!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always throw them away. Especially in the middle of the tournament and beyond.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them only in position and if the other players fold.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For offsuit aces with a weak kicker (this is the hand from A-2 to A-9) fits very few flops. With such cards, you go for an ace, and the second small card is rarely useful. Therefore, you must consider that you play with one ace. To enter the auction with such cards you need to limp and only from a late position.

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,
I'm specialized on 6max Cash Games and I find it quite difficult to play unsuited Aces with a weak kicker.
In early position I almost always fold these hands but would you recommand me to play these hands in late position ?
Then when I hit the Ace on the flop and get alot of action I never know what to do when I face bets on all streets.
Should I maybe always fold these kind of hands preflop to avoid these situations ?

Unsuited aces are not good hands to play but if we take range A7+ for 6max u have lot equity here .Personally I like to play turbo 6max MTT and there my range for A7+ and A2s+ !And it s a variative range concerning my stack and opponents stacks .Try to normalize you range with some soft, u ll see your leaks and be more comfortable to play such hands!

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can bluff with and requested based on other factors
(A place at the table, stack, contenders behavior)!

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play them only in late position but if I got reraise or shove I would usualy consider fold here

Che

Che

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dump it in the muck

We have only two type of playing hands
1) Hands that gives results on the flop if we got there or not. Here we have hands that flops top pairs Ace kicker or top pair King kicker (big Aces and big Kings) and the pocket pair from 22 to AA that flop sets. Those two type of hands can play raised pots.

2) Hands that give results later in the hands that need time to develop. Those hands flop draws and need to see the turn and maybe the river too to mature. Here we have all the suited Aces from A2s to AJs and all suited Broadways from JTs up to KQs (JTs+). Also small and medium suited connectors 65s+ up to T9s. All those hands cannot play in a raised pot for the fact that the price is gonna be to high to see the turn and the river due to the fact that the pat was raised pre and the value of bet at the flop don't give us a good price to speculate trying to draw. So, we don't play those hands in raised pots. Try to limp for cheap and see the flop but we don't call preflop raises.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not good idea to practise limp style in cash. Yes you do ok in 2NL while limping but already 5NL is too tough, so all the learning goes to waste bin.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would go with these hands only with a raise, in tournaments 6 maximum. Because the small probability that someone is so with an ace. Well, all the same you need to look at the opponents

autozam

autozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like most are better at poker here then i. I will say i have played with professionals. Advise. U play cards that have the out. If cant raise them in or out of position they r not worth playing. Except heads up where u play many more hands. A o anything under 10 kicker are horrible cards. For exact reason. U hit an A u worry about ur kicker. If playing them ud rather hit ur kicker then ur A. Suited are way more profitable and make sense to call. U have more outs if u hit flush draw. Now u might hit the A plus a really good draw. Moster draw even. Then u can play aggressive and raise in spots. Maybe push an opponnet off a smaller A. As ull have more equity. Still having show down if dont hit ur flush or striaght draws. Just my opinion.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces need to play always. (unless there's 4 suited cards or an uncompleted straight on the table)

Che

Che

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read my post for how to play for money if you want to be a winning player. Else, if you pay attention to the responses you got from this community you'll be going bust in no time. The reason is that no one here knows how to handle NL Hold'em. When I see posters saying that Aces should be played at all times makes me understand how easy is for the rest of us make so much money in this game.

Most people don't understand that NLH is a flop game and we just have TWO type of hands that should consider based on the preflop situation in order to play proficient for money. Learn how to play AK is the supreme "joint" of this game. If your AK don't beat all other Ace-Kings, other two combos and all pairs from 22 up to QQ you are a weak player. All else is a waste of time and MONEY.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to bet x3 and depending of the rival . her raises and the flop I do slowplay or go all in

autozam

autozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont plan to use evetything people say here. This is first time on here. Just trying to improve my game. There are some things i feel strongly about on how to play something. And unsuited Ax is one of them i play Ax unsuited only 10 or above kicker. And 10, j late positions.

Che

Che

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont plan to use evetything people say here. This is first time on here. Just trying to improve my game. There are some things i feel strongly about on how to play something. And unsuited Ax is one of them i play Ax unsuited only 10 or above kicker. And 10, j late positions.

Listed to me my friend,
Forget about playing A10 but not playing A6♠ or A2 and all the BS about all positions. All that it's not gonna get you anywhere.
You play type of hands per situation. SITUATION ! - Got that?
All is a function of what action/situation develops before is your turn to act. For different SITUATIONS you need different starting hands.

Only in the UTG you need the big pairs and AQ+ else you go by SITUATIONS. Hands that flop big (22+ and AQ+) can be played for a raise. Hands that need time to develop A2s+, 65s+ and suited Broadways from JTs up to KQs cannot call preflop raises because on the flop the bets will be to big in order for us to peal another card. It will be too expensive to see the turn. Except when we have AKs and flop a nut-flush draw plus the two overs for a total of 15 outs.

Play situational if you want to win.

autozam

autozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very true. I try to adj to raises or calls before me. I have folded good cards due to the action preceding

autozam

autozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I need work on what to do with 99 + folded to me and i get re raised. I tried reraising and flatting. Neither seems to be the correct call. Folding seems to weak. I have just shoved after someone reraises me when i have a small pocket pair. That seems to work most of time.

Che

Che

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very true. I try to adj to raises or calls before me. I have folded good cards due to the action preceding
That’s all you have to worry about. Do we have a flop hand or a turn hand?
1.)A flop hand is the one that gives results on the flop (22+, Big-Ace, Big-King) and they can play for a raise because we don't care the price on the flop. We either have it or not.
2.) A turn hand is the one that flops draws and we need to pay a price to see the turn (A2s+, 65s+ up to T9s, JTs, JQs, QTs, KJs, KTs, K9s, Q9s, J9s)

3.) The AK is a very special case that has his own way of dealing with the other players. Read here my AK post for details. ===> AK

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 max is a raise sometimes one to one , and a match in the ACE is not a bad hand, but with a weak kicker, we need to continue to put, but again, look carefully at the action of the opponent, trying to see the bluff!

elitenuts

elitenuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simple, dont... Unless its an unopened pot and your in LP or heads up

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often fold these hands i guess there is some merit to sticking around on hands like this one if the board has a low pair or a gutshot on it but yeah I too almost always end up being outkicked and losing with hands like this.

autozam

autozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are limping from BB only. Or maybe if on a rush i could see it. Throw Ax low kickers away. Only trouble. Especially if unsuited.

Sent from my SM-G920T using CardsChat mobile app