How many people say "i Hate A/A"?

F

Flipper33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

When I'm dealt AA, the last thing I wanna see is the turn(unless the flop is scattered ex. Qc,8h,4s). The more often you let people see another card, the more often you can get sucked out on. And if you do get a bad call and they suck out on you, thats the way it goes. You're gonna win it more often then you'll lose it.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's not to like about AA? You have the best starting hand and the best chance to take the pot. Don't slow play it or overplay it by going all-in. After all it's just a pair and only a slight favorite over a smaller pair. But without a doubt you should raise, reraise and rereraise before the flop. Nobody at the table has a better starting hand at that point in time. With AA you control the pot. All bets are off after the flop. Hopefully you chased away all the charlatans.

H

hawkeye2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is one of the toughest starting hands to play for sure--especially if you are a greedy player and expect to get paid off. In my experience, the only wayt to play AA is to raise big preflop and then go all-in regardless of the flop. You'll probably get one or two people to stick around to see the flop and then see if you can get them to commit all their chips after the flop. Otherwise, just go all-in pre-flop. Any other strategy will almost always get you burned. The only strategy I've found that works 100% of the time is to cultivate a sense of indifference--just don't care if you lose.

2bithoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't hate A/A i think you just have to realize when your beat and learn to throw it away.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll take pocket aces any day, any hand, any time.:party:

xxxmonsterxxx

xxxmonsterxxx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
TITANS488 said:
i think with pocket aces the best way to win is to push people around before the flop
I would rather take my chances of seeing a terrible flop than bullying people out of their blinds.

J

jcav18

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
like any pair over another

a higher pair will only win 68 percent of the time heads up, play aces aggressively , if slow played know when to fold them

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather win the blinds than slow play them AA everytime i slow play them someone catches something> so for me its all-in and let the cards fall where they may>hopefully for me LOL>>buckster436

B

Bke20

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

I agree Pocket AA's get beat all the time. When I have them I go all-in and take me chances. If you slow play AA you will get beat.

C

coendp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if people are "more overconfident" with AA than AK, but instead are trying to desperately to slow-play their AA. When you get AA you get that little feeling, like this could be big. AK, at least for me in a tournament, is an automatic all-in bet. I don't even want to see a flop. I want to force out all the 33, 22, and KQ, and take the blinds right there.

With AA, I want to slow play, but like everyone else, they seem to lose a lot for me. Its like they can either make you a little, or lose you a lot. So, if I am not the big stack at the table, I will push all in. If I am the big stack, I won't even raise with them. If the flop comes low, it suprise the crap out of people when you flip AA with no pre-flop raise.

goldfinger1217

goldfinger1217

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah any good player knows not to slow play aces kings or queens for that matter but aces just seem to loose to flushs straights sets or any other type of hand the lucky sob that calls your all in can hit.

C

chipshunter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA loses sometimes no matter how good you play it sometimes. The only way it would be a winner everytime is if you were playing by yourself.

I had a streak of AA lately where everytime I slowplayed them I would catch an A on the flop. Now what do you do? If you bet it everyone folds. I kept thinking I should have gone all in preflop. Then when I finally did with them I got beat by KQos getting 2 pairs.

Oh well. Life goes on.

E

Ellos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All-in

The only way to play AA is to go all-in

P

Paterik66

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Love AA even tho I lost with it two times yesterday. Feels abit shitty, but you know that in the long run you will make alot of money from the AA, more than you loose.
One advice I got is to never play the AA all the way to showdown in a multiway pot, if you havent improved your hand. If you havent done that you will be sure to know that you have played the hand totally wrong. (At least 9/10 of the times)
Gotta fold that monster from time to time, hard thing to learn for the unexperienced.

My favorite strategy with AA is slowplay..

But just because a special strategy is your favorite play, doesnt mean that you can do that play every time.
Its all got to do with the circumstances. Cards on the board/opponents/betting and so on

Last edited:
B

Berserk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play A/A slow. you can make more money than just buying a blind all ining it. you need to make as much money as you can on your hands.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've won and lost playing pocket As both ways; slow-play and aggressive. But I have also won big the majority of the time. My favorite time to get them is in the BB, and then I just pray for someone to raise or go all in! I love the art of a well played slow play if the cards hold up for you. There is nothing sweeter than milking your opponent of every last dime while they have no clue as to the fire you hold! Of course, it can be equally disappointing to lose in such a manner, but such is the price you pay to risk the slow play. But I usually will raise pretty substantially pre-flop with AA (not all-in), and then if I should get the nuts on the flop, slow play it for all it's worth.

O

OzMariner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
G'day all,
Agree wholeheartedly about not slow playing them....however,I still hate them.This week alone have been beaten on 3(count them) occassions after going all in with A A. Twice being called with Q Q and once with J J. Not even a damn K in site.lol

jeterkid925

jeterkid925

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
juiceeQ said:
I've won and lost playing pocket As both ways; slow-play and aggressive. But I have also won big the majority of the time. My favorite time to get them is in the BB, and then I just pray for someone to raise or go all in! I love the art of a well played slow play if the cards hold up for you. There is nothing sweeter than milking your opponent of every last dime while they have no clue as to the fire you hold! Of course, it can be equally disappointing to lose in such a manner, but such is the price you pay to risk the slow play. But I usually will raise pretty substantially pre-flop with AA (not all-in), and then if I should get the nuts on the flop, slow play it for all it's worth.
Amen!!!!

M

marcocroc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Betting whith cards AA depends in what time of tournament you are. I only make ALLIN whith those cards in begginning and in the end.

N

newmania20000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. Better to win 5$ than lose 100$.

D

davidj0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket AA's

I would rather have pocket aa's anytime weather you slow play or not. You
may not always win but going all in gets some players out and you do not have as many hands to beat.