How to improve my game?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everything that has been said, only dont play freerolls... atleast to study the game. You will se wierd bluffs/shoves, strange play that will force you to play strange(as in bad)
beyond that, twitch/youtube/forums + 2-3 basic books will dop the trick, laso analise your play after the session

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know what else to study to improve on cash games, what material do they recommend?

The forums are excellent, reading experiences from other players helps to greatly reinforce our ideas and concepts.

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't improve upon what you don't measure. And you need time, many many hands. You need failure. Learning poker is a process. In another world in which I participate, we train our weaknesses and race our strengths. While you can play the free buys, I'm sure you will, note that many of those players push the sensibility of the game. Indeed you are subjecting yourself to bad habits in free and micro stakes games.

Make a plan.
Get a Hud.
Accumulate and evaluate.
Have a journal.
Create a schedule.
Have a Todo list.
Stick to it.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Review hands that you played and think about them at length. You may find a simulator a useful tool while analyzing situations.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play play and learn.. Watch videos and pro players guides :)

R

Runeloko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you need to read something about Cash Games. You just play it as any other kind of tournament in my opinion.

P

PokerArt9791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure of one thing. To win at online poker, you have to be very clever. The confusion is obtained. It is very smart people do not play poker. But Beaulieu online poker.

In poker, there is no word luck. But anyway, I wish you good luck.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time at the table is the best experience in my opinion. Other than that I study from top tier professionals and reading books.

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For play more bast you will play more and more. But and poker books nobody has not been canceled

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch pro players on twitch and learn from them for example it helped me alot

pokergo666

pokergo666

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice make perfect but the most important thing is to accept variances.

Attachments

• 1425710397.jpg
    1425710397.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 55
T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On youtube you could watch The Poker Bank or Doug Polk for some strategy/hand reading.
Also BlackRain79 has some good books on cash game strategy and he has done some youtube videos as well. You could sign up for a training site as well if you are really serious about getting better.
Then just keep playing hands and reviewing some of the troublesome hands after your session. Preferrably using PT4 or Holdem Manager.

doggycfg

doggycfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read books 'Harrington on Cash Games, Volume I: How to Play No-Limit Hold 'em Cash Games' exactly will improve thy skill in cash game!!

J

Just_a_Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep calm and wait for ACES, and u will get improved.
That would be sound advice for cash games, I guess. Only playing premium hands will help you at those tables because the blinds stay the same so you can just wait and fire when you have a premium starting hand. But in tournament poker you have to pick the right spots to loosen your range and/or bluff, or else you'll get swallowed up by the blinds before you know it.

Durk

Durk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know what else to study to improve on cash games, what material do they recommend?

Pkpurple,
Need some help improving your game? I am a professional Live NLHE Cash Game Player. If you have any question regarding live cash games feel free to ask me on here or send me a PM id be happy to answer any questions your have or talk to you specifically about some concepts and strategy.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I do not what level you are at now, but check the twitch streamers, you can learn, find someone who is playing close to what stakes you play. I mean if your a beginner you can find streamers who are playing low stake MTTs, Many of them are pretty good about explaining their thought processes. If you don't have people to talk poker with, I think the resource of watching someone is valuable. If you can afford it join a training site, it is not a magic pill but it will definitely improve your game quickly

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would be sound advice for cash games, I guess. Only playing premium hands will help you at those tables because the blinds stay the same so you can just wait and fire when you have a premium starting hand. But in tournament poker you have to pick the right spots to loosen your range and/or bluff, or else you'll get swallowed up by the blinds before you know it.

Chance swallowing by blinds are less than they caught one of your bluffs, and the problem is you dont know when to go in the right spot, that is main issue if you when its right spot you are going to win poker easily , patience and discipline with analyzing betting patternce of your opponents will help you improve on table .

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play more.
Write down why you win, why you lose.
Discuss with yourself to look for answer.

C

colbear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
notes notes and more notes

keep reading and watching videos but it sounds like you've done that so its time to start playing get some note books and start writing keep track of hands how you played them how your opponent played them and what the results were . If your playing tournaments make sure you keep track of what stage of tournament you were at when hands were played . If you find you getting knocked out at the same stage all the time compare your notes on how you were at that stage .If you were always short stacked mid to late in the tournament you might want to play less tight .If you are going out early you might want to tighten up .Just keep those notes and you'll be able to see what's happening .

Good Luck

Latamgrinder

Latamgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can def help you here specially if you play cash and use PT4, im a long time PT4 user and one of the most active members of the PT4 forums with plenty of experience and knowledge on how to get the most out of it and im also fully capable of doing any type of work with PT4 from building HUD and Popups profiles, custom statistics and report filters.
Im also capable of teaching you how to properly use PT4 to improve your game by showing you the most effective way to use the program to study, hit me up with a PM with your skype if you would like to discuss further, cheers.

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need a good coach. And also, you need to analyze your game. This is a very big job, but it's worth it. Good luck)

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be mistaken and get experience!

Andriy Doshchyn

Andriy Doshchyn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Analyze hand history of your opponents. It will give you a)understanding of their strategy, so you can exploit them more b)improving your skills (if opponent plays better than you).

T

tictock

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
play

Play until you are confident in your game. Start small and work your way through. Free rolls for the most part are a real crap shoot unless you get deep.That is the only time people play a serious game.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Streams and twitch don’t teach you how to play poker. And yeah I’m currently watching talonchick on twitch. Not really for learning, but for fun. Learning from Polk is like watching F1 driver to learn how to get driver license, yeah no chance.

The whole question of what source you would study is moronic. The whole idea of developing is always to know what you know, and what you don’t know. The right question is not from what source to read, but more about what information you need.

As so, I give my recommendation for what to learn:

1. Learn how fish think. Most of your money comes from fish. Given that it’s important to learn that, you learn play money games.
  2. Then you learn pre opening ranges. This is the first hard task, and not many can do this. Also you need later on vary this given opponent.
  3. Then you learn call/fold/3bet/shove ranges, easy after no2. But only about 2% people can, we are stupid race.
  4. Then you learn how to vary your ranges given opponent (hard), I mean your whole set of ranges.
  5. (I don’t know)
The hole point is that world is full of resources, given books, youtube, training sites, but that is all meaningless if you don’ t know the small detail from the whole field you need to know. Learning is not about sources, learning is about knowing what you need to know.

Top 10 Games