How can I beat NL 2

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello how are you? I have been in nl2 for three months, and my strategy is not losing but it is not winning enough to beat the level.
I would like to know who surpassed this level, with what strategy they could achieve it or some advice, if someone could help me please.
Thank you so much!!

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
NL2 is certainly different from NL5 and more, players do anything but it's easy to win by making the right decisions in each spot.

You should know that you have to play several tables at the same time, 12 tables are recommended for this limit.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
NL2 is certainly different from NL5 and more, players do anything but it's easy to win by making the right decisions in each spot.

You should know that you have to play several tables at the same time, 12 tables are recommended for this limit.

I'm not sure 12tables is the answer here!!!

Play 1 or 2 tables using a solid TAG strategy, bet big for value and dont bluff too much. There are tons of fish at 2NL who will call you down light or go all in every hand. Once you are winning at a good rate, you can add more tables, or (I think a better option) move up to 5NL.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At this limit, the main thing is to just play tight and bluff less. And if you use some kind of poker tracker and understand how to use the statistics correctly, then this can increase your profit many times over. I advise you to study such programs well!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello how are you? I have been in nl2 for three months, and my strategy is not losing but it is not winning enough to beat the level.
I would like to know who surpassed this level, with what strategy they could achieve it or some advice, if someone could help me please.
Thank you so much!!
This means you own a bankroll X and wants to move to a bankroll of 2X to play NLHE 5.
First, I recommend a bankroll of at least 20 buy-ins = X.
When you reach 40 buy-ins go to the next stake (2X).
When you are there, if you lose 4 buy-ins you return to NLHE 2.
As I said, this is a risky strategy, the ideal is to begin with 40 buy-ins for NLHE 2 and when you double to 80 buy-ins you move to NLHE 5.

To beat NLHE 2 and NLHE 5 you gotta start to have real faith in the simple and the obvious: players are weak but they aren’t dumb, most of times they will be playing pure value, so don’t try to be fancy: raise and 3-bet almost 95% of times only values.
Play a tight aggressive preflop and postflop mix between aggressive and passive moves: versus passive we are going to play aggressively postflop and versus aggressive we are going to play passive.
Try to play most of times in position.
Choose your opponents carefully, those which you believe are weaker than you or have visible flaws that you can exploit.
Avoid to play OOP, to limp and to call often. We are almost never calling for we want to play heads-up pots most of times, so we are either raising or 3-betting.
Don’t try to bluff players out of the pot often, unless you do it cheaply in a low frequency. Believe me, players won’t fold to your bluffs and are going to call huge pots having trash hands, thus be certain to be betting more for value than bluff.
Avoid to slow play and build the pot as soon as possible when you have the goods, either a monster hand or a monster draw such as BDSF’s for example.
Pay attention for stack sizing and bet sizing for this is one of the major tells in online poker: players are being so much sincere, they limp medium-low-weak range and raise the good part of it. Observe that when a limper raises to 4x he’s meaning something!
Call from the blinds when the odds are preposterously good, i.e, we own 76s from BB, MP raises 2x, CO calls, BTN folds and SB calls: we are calling here for sure almost always. We need to pay 1 in order to win 7 plus the whole stacks of at least one of the players involved.
Be patient, humble, know when to begin a session and when to quit it, and let the chips fall as they may!
Take the advices of @Station_Master and @BelFish seriously! This guys are dead on here.
Best regards;

G

gaucan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
TH
Chips
Thank you so much!!
lets start by you saying what u think is the reason why u are not beating it ? what do u think u r doing wrong ? what do u think that villains are doing wrong ? then can tell u how to counter the things they do wrong, or the things that u do wrong... tell us what stats u play, tell me stats:
VP
PF
3bet
4bet
fold to 3bet after u open on each position especially want to know on BU and on SB
openraise % and size used from UTG MP CO
your SB steal success % along with ur SB open % and openraisesize
your BU steal success % along with ur BU open % and openraisesize
Cbet OOP
checkfold on flop as preflopraiser(PFR)
your BB bb/100 EV winrate
your SB bb/100 EV winrate

and include SAMPLESIZE! thats number of hands...
do u use tracker? if yes, simply show us those stats in screenshot, thats fast and easy and will see all of this so can tell u where to improve

Last edited:
hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Thank you so much!!
Read this book. It helped me a lot a few years ago. Literally right after I read it, I started using all the tips and started winning quickly and passed the NL2 and NL5 limits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-09-20-29-46-026_org.readera.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-09-20-29-46-026_org.readera.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 16
M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

What are you talking about, what are the 12 tables for a beginner?:D Not all professionals can play such a number of tables optimally.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
just watch some tables online , study your mistakes , see what hands you can play on every position and how . now this might seem hard but it is not . very soon you will have a range for every position , while you play , you learn :)

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read this book. It helped me a lot a few years ago. Literally right after I read it, I started using all the tips and started winning quickly and passed the NL2 and NL5 limits.
Thank you so much!! I just got the book, now I'm going to see if I can translate it into Spanish because I'm Argentine.
In the future I will tell you if it worked for me as it did for you.(y)(y)

hennessy5

hennessy5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Play solid ABC poker, learn the basics

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a tag style should work, but i am not a nl fan

silentshowdown

silentshowdown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you so much!!

NL2 is crazy.
Don't think too much. Just play Tight and aggressively. Don't bluff, they will call anything with one pair.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
BlackRain79 (Nathan Williams) is a member of this forum.

In addition to his books, he gives a lot of tips on how to beat lower levels on his site and on his YouTube channel:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s not entirely clear what the strategy is? what bankroll management? how many tables do you play? regular or fast? maybe the answer to your question is in my questions

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Best to use basic TAG strategy but the hard thing is beating the rake and you want to go up levels quick as possible