How to find leaks in your game?

T

TroyFazio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been waiting on the answer to my other question, and noticed that you need to study 1 hour for every 2hours played, witch is a good idea. But how do you identify your leak or your bad habits? is there somthing i should be looking for in my game.
i feel when i play a hand, I play that hand, rather its AA to 27, i drop the hammer. not to the point i will not lay down a hand and go bust. but i will gamble to make a big profit.
last night, i play a Bigger than usual tourny for me, only because i won a seat for 3 bucks. i convinced the table that im a lucky "hot dog" I am really dissapointed in my self for the ending of the tourny. i picked up AQs with about 11 ppl to go, before we placed in the money 122/110. i been reading players on the net very well lately. i knew one of the two, would be in with high cards but not paired. the other guy was paired with 2's and flop come Q 7 2. and with out thought or warning, i went all-in. and basically destroyed my chip stack to his trip 2's, was the only reason he called that pre-flop raise, is because i convinced them i was a lucky "hot dog". Being that "hot dog" you get your big hands paid easily. but what do i need to do to stop that bad type of thing from happening.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for. Keep in mind that there is no way to play that guarantees success every hand or every game. You cannot evaluate your play hand to hand or even game to game success is measured over time. Sorry about the general vagueness of this answer. This forum has a wealth of posts & threads addressing various & specific aspects of play. Should you sense a weakness in your play search out & read some of the discussions on that area of play. The Blog is another good sourse of info. Good luck & happy hunting.

cascat

cascat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm doing all my analyzing in Poker Office. One good thing to do is to check how good/bad you're doing in different positions with different hands. Another good thing is to check how you're playing middle pairs, weak top pairs and different draws - i.e. are you playing them too aggressive or too passive? When I've had a really bad or a really good session I usually go through it with the Hand history replayer to see what I did wrong or what I did very well.

Top 10 Games