how do you handle an annoying player to your left.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i slightly disagree with most of these answers.

when someone pushes me around ... i push them back ;)

take more time, and pick your spots wisely ... then make the aggressor look like a DONKEY in front of the whole table. i promise you .. he will leave :)

Playing back against an aggro player oop? No dude, just no!

OP, Either move to their left of move table if it is a big problem.

N

nacmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustating Opponent

In cash games everybody does exactly what your opponent does. He is intimidated by you so if you fail try again next time knowing what your opponent does put the pressure on him instead

T

theresets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its like playing against any player. Be patient and find the leaks in there game and exploit it for maximum value

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Change seats. Get a "seat chage" button.

If you can't do that, and the guy just calls every flop bet you make, double barrel more. The villain obv thinks he can float and steal, so don't let him (within reason). Many people will peel one card with PPs, and they will call with overs, etc.

Study him. Watch very closely what hands he shows down.

You could also just C/F flops you have missed, and don't Cb bluff. But that's kinda weak...

Best option is move seats. Play carefully until then. Tighten up.

If he wants to try and steal the turn, check TP to him on the turn. Call his bet. Give him rope to hang himself. Check river. Call his bet (once again, within reason, hand reading skills are a must).

If the guy wants to float, and then try to steal, punish him. Check/calling is a great tool when used correctly. We can get Vs to bet our hands for us, and get value we wouldn't have if we bet/bet/bet.

Experience to know when and what to do comes with time. There is no amount of advice anyone can give you, that will prepare you for every spot. It just depends.

And finally, a HH would be ideal. Post a few hands where this guy is sticky. Board texture, stacks, etc. Then we can really help. Cookie cutter poker advice is hard to give. We need specific hands to really help.

Edit: In general, bluff less, vaue bet more. If he has tendency to bet all turns when checked to, let him do that when we have it. C/C. No C/R. If we check and raise with TPTK, we give him a chance to fold inferior hands, and only continue with hands that beat us. Think about what he thinks you have. Most fish/amateurs always think everyone has AK.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they're tilting you, move seats or move tables. Otherwise let them hang themselves over time. I LOVE aggro players to my left because when I get a massive hand I can check if it's a safe board and check raise them or I can bet pre flop with premiums, they raise, and I can bully them around a bit.

If they're so LAG that they pay anything to see flops and the board is drawing, you have to be able to make them pay for their crazy LAG draws. The challenge with a LAG player to your left (esp in late position) is they'll "find" implied odds in a wide range of hands and sometimes bingo you on the turn or river. And if you're not sure where you're at and have at least TPGK you can sometimes just call them down and check/check and beat them with a pair and watch them lose their poker minds!

I think implied odds are crucial against very aggressive players and sometimes can be so critical that the pot odds seem so bad but against this player is well worth it when your big draw hits.

These kinds of players in my experience are so very easy to trap, if you've ever unsure where you stand on the river against one though it is OK to check/check.

W

wowasenotrusov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just learn to control their emotions and keep track of how your opponents are playing . when you learn that you will win.

B

BreakTheBeard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he is doing this too much you need to take a stand and start 4-betting or shoving him. After a few times (although you'll put yourself at risk) he will calm down.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should shove most of the time because if you dont have the perfect flip you will get bullied so just shove him couple of times i think he will get scared from you 😵 Poker is a game of mind too!

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having an aggressive player on your left can be frustrating. Tighten up.

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try to trap him by having a hand stronger than he. Good luck.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands